Pan motor/sensor not working properly
3208 6 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lukestarpro
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

I have a problem with the Pan motor. I have my Canon 5Div balanced and I can tilt the gimbal sideways and the camera will stay still.
Problems:
1) When I turn on the gimbal, it does not center facing the front. It manages to find horizontal and flat in the tilt and roll axis.
2) The joystick cannot control the pan motor to get it to center.
3) When powered off and I spin the pan motor, i can hear metallic clicking sound from the motor.
4) With the gimbal fitted with the supplied tripod and on a flat surface. Using the Ronin app's Auto Tune function, the pan motor has 40 power value. Why is it using power on?
The above can only be performed on firmware v1.3.0.20
If I upgrade to v1.4.0.30 and turn the gimbal on, the green mode 1 LED flashes showing it's in "Motor Pause" mode. I have tried double click the power button but it won't unpause.
The app also shows the gimbal in "Motor Pause" mode, I also cannot disengage motor pause mode from the app.

Please help.
IMG_8122.PNG
2018-9-2
Use props
lukestarpro
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Update

The gimbal will turn on and show steady green LED under mode 1, but no power to any of the motors. I suspect it is from loose parts in main (pan motor) housings.
I've tried to update the firmware but I get an error "0403 Yaw device is not connected".

BTW my Ronin-S was brand new from DJI China. I may have just received a DOA.

2018-9-2
Use props
lukestarpro
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

hello admin. any help?
2018-9-14
Use props
lukestarpro
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI, are you just going to ignore this?
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi lukestarpro, sorry for the late response since your thread was missed, we will follow up your thread right now.
It seems there is something wrong with your Pan axis, can you physically balance the pan axis? Will the Pan stay still when rotating the pan axis 45° while lifting the grip? If yes, please check the balance status of the Pan in the APP, is it Excellent?
When you tilt the grip 45°, if the Power value of the Pan motors is not within the range of +/-5, the Pan will need to balance again.
By metallic clicking sound from the motor, may we have a short video about it? Thank you in advance.
2018-9-19
Use props
lukestarpro
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

The pan axis stays still whilst holding the grip 45 degrees either left or right. It was properly balanced physically.
At the moment there is no power to any of the motors. Only the LED comes on.  I suspect something is broken inside the pan motor housing.
What are the steps to get it repaired under warranty?
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

lukestarpro Posted at 2018-9-28 16:36
The pan axis stays still whilst holding the grip 45 degrees either left or right. It was properly balanced physically.
At the moment there is no power to any of the motors. Only the LED comes on.  I suspect something is broken inside the pan motor housing.
What are the steps to get it repaired under warranty?

Sorry to know the device is still not working, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket and send in for further evaluation.
2018-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules