Phantom 4 Pro Camera Sensor Error - no warranty?!
1687 2 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnny1000
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9319501 ft
  • >>>
Germany

On the one day I had a normal flight and suddenly on the other day I turned on my P4 Pro and I got a Camera Sensor Error.

I send in my p4 Pro to DJI in the Netherlands, everything was checked and it is said that the camera sensor error was caused by a crash on the ground. I don't understand this. How is this even possible. What are lens defects?
Now comes the best part. I already wrote with the DJI Staff in the Netherlands and I got this back.
Our technician believes that the error in the sensor is caused by lens defects, which are caused by crash in non-flight process.
Therefore, we are sorry to tell you that we cannot only repair the camera under warranty.

What means believes? In my eyes, a real technician has to know this and has not to believe!!

To the landing legs:
The landing legs are indeed a little bit damaged but in my eyes caused by normal use. I always transport my P4 Pro in my backpack like this on the picture. I know that this is not the safest way.
It would be ok if the legs would be not repaired.
wellbots-dji-phantom-backpack-for-phantom-3-drone-4.jpg

To the missing glass in the protection filter:
I lost this a while ago (it simply fell out during filter changing) and then I used everytime a filter from Freewell. I send in the Phantom 4 Pro with this Filter without glass because it was said I can't send in third-party accessories. Again this is not caused by a crash.

Can somebody at DJI please check this case again and rethink the decision.
As of now, I am pretty frustrated as loyal DJI customer.

3a4e4e2f-e163-4916-b3ef-d094d2bf31c3.jpg
214d66ab-5ebc-4062-854f-d19e72f9263a.jpg
1f6583d5-cb78-42ca-94fa-dc00f8fd0154.jpg
2018-9-2
Use props
Johnny1000
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9319501 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This is my case number: CAS-2117585-V2L8S9
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Johnny1000 Posted at 2018-9-2 06:19
This is my case number: CAS-2117585-V2L8S9

Hi Johnny, thank you for your loyalty to our products and we are very sorry about your frustration on this case. I will forward this to the respective department and we will have someone contact you with regards to your dispute on the quote due to the result of the damage assessment and analysis. Please keep your line open for the next 1 to 2 business days. We hope for your patience.
2018-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules