DJI warranty and Care refresh void with Litchi ?
8052 12 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAVITRIKA
lvl.1
France

Hi there,
I'm sorry but I I have no found anywhere a clear answer to this question. Are the DJI warranty and Care refresh void or valid if issue occurs while flying a DJI Mavoc Pro using Litchi ?
Should we consider that flying with Litchi means flying without warranty nor Care Refresh coverage ?
Thank you.

2018-9-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

If a problem occurs WHILE using Litchi then yes.  
2018-9-2
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Most definitely. If you use Litchi and crash, you're on your own.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi MAVITRIKA, thanks for reaching DJI Forum, the damage caused by the third-party software will not be covered by DJI Care Refresh, here are the exclusions of DJI Care Refresh for your reference. GTScreenshot_20180903_102324.png
For the warranty, if it can be proved via the data analysis that the damage is caused by the non-pilot error, we will provide the warranty service during the warranty period, but we may not be able to analyze the third-party APP data, therefore, we recommended to use the DJI official APP, appreciate your understanding.
2018-9-2
Use props
MAVITRIKA
lvl.1
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-2 18:45
Hi MAVITRIKA, thanks for reaching DJI Forum, the damage caused by the third-party software will not be covered by DJI Care Refresh, here are the exclusions of DJI Care Refresh for your reference.[view_image]
For the warranty, if it can be proved via the data analysis that the damage is caused by the non-pilot error, we will provide the warranty service during the warranty period, but we may not be able to analyze the third-party APP data, therefore, we recommended to use the DJI official APP, appreciate your understanding.

I understand that even if the damage is not caused by Litchi. If the issue occurs while using it. No coverage.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MAVITRIKA Posted at 2018-9-3 07:36
I understand that even if the damage is not caused by Litchi. If the issue occurs while using it. No coverage.

Our repair center will decide if the warranty or the DJI Care Refresh can be used, please let us know if you have further concern.
2018-9-4
Use props
DominoBear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109318 ft
Canada

Why is it that DJI cannot clearly answer this question.  The exclusion list specifies that the damage is caused by third party software.  OK, if Litchi software code causes the drone to fly out of control with no fault of the pilot, then I agree or if Litchi causes any component of the drone to overload and explode, then OK I agree again.

However, flying with Litchi, which is a far better and more stable software than DJI's, should not void warranty or Refresh.  Dji wants me to buy DJI Care Refresh+, but if the use if Litchi voids the Refresh eligibility, than I'm not buying it.  

DJI, your call.  Answer the question properly and keep your Customers buying, or keep playing your word games and lose the sale and any future sales.

2018-10-23
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

DominoBear Posted at 2018-10-23 07:35
Why is it that DJI cannot clearly answer this question.  The exclusion list specifies that the damage is caused by third party software.  OK, if Litchi software code causes the drone to fly out of control with no fault of the pilot, then I agree or if Litchi causes any component of the drone to overload and explode, then OK I agree again.

However, flying with Litchi, which is a far better and more stable software than DJI's, should not void warranty or Refresh.  Dji wants me to buy DJI Care Refresh+, but if the use if Litchi voids the Refresh eligibility, than I'm not buying it.  

They cant answer it because they probably have to follow any laws of where the person lives. Like in the U.S a company cannot void a warranty repair unless they are able to show proof, without a doubt, that the third party application was a direct result of the incident that caused the damage.

I would assume they have to follow the laws in the country of the customer and not of what it is in China. I could also ve wrong too though
2018-10-23
Use props
DominoBear
lvl.2
Canada

I think I found what I was looking for.  This post has the wording that should be the case IMO.

2018-10-23
Use props
DominoBear
lvl.2
Canada

OK, screen without the pop-up.  (Too late to edit the previous post)

2018-10-23
Use props
MAVITRIKA
lvl.1
France

DominoBear Posted at 2018-10-23 08:57
OK, screen without the pop-up.  (Too late to edit the previous post)

[view_image]

But the problem is how to proof the cause of damage since DJI says they analyse only DJI Go's data, not Litchi's one.
2018-10-23
Use props
Travis726
lvl.1
Flight distance : 600676 ft
United States

Id like a clarification also. If I am flying with the litchi app and while manually flying it fly backwards into a tree.. Would that be covered?  Or just update dji fly and give up follow me etc ...
2020-10-16
Use props
McAlbert
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478330 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-2 18:45
Hi MAVITRIKA, thanks for reaching DJI Forum, the damage caused by the third-party software will not be covered by DJI Care Refresh, here are the exclusions of DJI Care Refresh for your reference.[view_image]

I think the best alternative for DJI Refresh is to acquire a third-party insurance such as the coverdrone: https://www.coverdrone.com/#

I'm planning NOT to renew my current DJI Refresh for my DJI Drones. I will acquire the coverdrone insurnace which will cover everything, anyway.
2022-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules