Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Davy Jones and the mavic pro
832 5 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_5303WiHqCJh4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 262966 ft

So my mavic is at the bottom of a lake 20ft down. The gps gave me the dead spot and i have tryed scooping it out to no avail.

What i want to know is why! If the vps is supose to keep u 1-3m up with strong gps. Did i fly it steaight in...or... did i accidentally kill the power with the thumb sticks? And im guessing the sensors wont work over water.
Is there a way to find out from the flight data in the app? It shows me the movement on the map and spèed and altitudes but thats it.
Another fun part is the height is at -2m because it was closer to the water. Is there a setting that will prohibit you from going to negative height?
20180820_075155.jpg
2018-9-2
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Might post your flight log and others can give you some answers.
2018-9-2
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear about your drone.
2018-9-2
Use props
FntX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158734 ft
Germany

That's terrible

One thing you might have missed is that the VPS doesn't work right over water and, in fact, over any reflective surface... Simple put: it gets confused about the height. Most people say it's better to turn the VPS off when flying over water. It even gets confused when flying close over cars sometimes... If you're over such a surface you shouldn't pull down because it might go into forced landing.

It's best you upload your flight log so someone can tell you what really went wrong!
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/
2018-9-2
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I am very sorry for your loss. The height indicated depends on the height of your take off location which represents 0. If you fly lower than the take off location you will get a negative height indicated. As advised above I recommend sharing your flightrecord. People here might be able to tell you more about what has happened.
2018-9-2
Use props
Mark_One
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112123 ft
South Africa

Sad to hear that. Another drone R.I.P.. But yeah as mentioned in the comments above VPS,water and reflective surfaces don't always get a long especially if flying over close to the surface.
Hope the experience doesn't put you off flying in the future though, we live and we learn.
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules