Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro Charger Stopped Working
4401 12 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Ilmeaez1IzLY
New
United States

Hello everyone,

I have used the charger for initial top off on the devices when they came in (battery, RC) then I connected the charger to the hub and proceeded to charge the fly more kit batteries. Upon my return to check on the charging process I have found that only one battery finished charging and the second had not started.

I then tried to charge my RC which was now at 40%, then tried to charge my 12% battery which I used earlier in the day. The charger is not charging anything. I can use an intelli charger to top off my RC but the batteries I cannot charge by any other means.

Is there a solution to this? Why did the charger stop working? I understand that anything could happen to electronics but after just 2 battery charges it shouldn’t have went dead. The charger is sold out on DJI and not available yet at local stores like B&H or BestBuy.

I have contacted support and the best answer was to contact local branch office during 9-5 business hours. .....
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience. Regarding with that If the charger won't work for battery and remote unfortunately what I can only suggest to you is reach out one of the support channels just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support for them to assist you regarding on how to send it in the facility for you to have the replacement.
2018-9-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

That is an interesting problem. I hope you are able to resolve it soon.
2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_Ilmeaez1IzLY
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-2 15:44
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience. Regarding with that If the charger won't work for battery and remote unfortunately what I can only suggest to you is reach out one of the support channels just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support for them to assist you regarding on how to send it in the facility for you to have the replacement.

Why is it so difficult to do anything on the support page? You do not have the option to choose accessories. I have to choose my Mavic and then it is all drone related selections. If I choose to contact I have to do a proof of purchase for the accessory ....what? Is there a simpler solution? What is going on here?
2018-9-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Do you have a voltmeter or know someone who does have one?  You can check the power supply that feeds charging hub to see if it is still working.   

As silly as this may sound, do try moving power supply charger to another 120v outlet.  Outlets do fail, and breakers do trip.  Along with reseating the 120V cord that goes into power supply.
2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_Ilmeaez1IzLY
New
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-2 17:43
Do you have a voltmeter or know someone who does have one?  You can check the power supply that feeds charging hub to see if it is still working.   

Did all that except voltmeter. I can check but that would only tell me if it is the cable or the transformer.
2018-9-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_Ilmeaez1IzLY Posted at 2018-9-2 17:45
Did all that except voltmeter. I can check but that would only tell me if it is the cable or the transformer.

If it's the power-supply, and not the Charging hub, you might be able to find a temporary replacement.

I don't have Mavic Pro 2, thus no power-supply and charging hub - otherwise I would check output voltage for you.
Although output voltage should be written on back of power-supply.

2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_Ilmeaez1IzLY
New
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-2 17:53
If it's the power-supply, and not the Charging hub, you might be able to find a temporary replacement.

I don't have Mavic Pro 2, thus no power-supply and charging hub - otherwise I would check output voltage for you.

The output bolts for the old charging brick are

13.05 V, 3.83 A USB: 5 V, 2 A

The new one for the Mavic 2 is

17.6 V, 3.41 A, / 17 V, 3.53 A, USB is the same

So higher volts lower amps.
2018-9-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_Ilmeaez1IzLY Posted at 2018-9-2 18:35
The output bolts for the old charging brick are

13.05 V, 3.83 A USB: 5 V, 2 A

You should be able to see close to 17.6 VDC coming out of power supply brick.

Voltage numbers you posted fit with Mavic 2's batteries having higher voltage than now dated Mavic Pro's batteries.
2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_Ilmeaez1IzLY
New
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-2 18:44
You should be able to see close to 17.6 VDC coming out of power supply brick.

Voltage numbers you posted fit with Mavic 2's batteries having higher voltage than now dated Mavic Pro's batteries.

I don’t have a voltmeter I need to get one. As for the specs above I was just comparing the old and new bricks. Was thinking if it would be ok to get an old brick since new one isn’t available anywhere right now.
2018-9-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_Ilmeaez1IzLY Posted at 2018-9-2 18:54
I don’t have a voltmeter I need to get one. As for the specs above I was just comparing the old and new bricks. Was thinking if it would be ok to get an old brick since new one isn’t available anywhere right now.

Was thinking if it would be ok to get an old brick since new one isn’t available anywhere right now.

Won't work.  Old power supply brick for Mavic Pro does not put out sufficent voltage to charge new Mavic 2 batteries.  New MP2 batteries are 15.4V.

2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_Ilmeaez1IzLY Posted at 2018-9-2 17:34
Why is it so difficult to do anything on the support page? You do not have the option to choose accessories. I have to choose my Mavic and then it is all drone related selections. If I choose to contact I have to do a proof of purchase for the accessory ....what? Is there a simpler solution? What is going on here?

Hi there, I'm sorry for the Inconvenience regarding with that. To set your expectation if you already contacted one of our support and asking you a proof of purchase the reason for that would be the warranty purpose.
2018-9-3
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

My brick charger works only for individual batteries, but does not work with the hub charger(I plug the hub to the car charger and it works perfectly).  I ordered this through amazon and doing so I am probably screwed with warranty on this brick charger.
2018-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules