Pano mode?
954 4 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Does Mavic 2 Zoom have Pano Mode accessibble from within Go 4 app? If so, how the shooting parameters are adjustable in relation to a choosen FOV (Field Of View)?

Thank you for finding this out for me, in advance.
2018-9-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

OK, more info about Mavic 2 Pano Mode can be found in product description fine prints:

" ... A 32MP (8192×4096) sphere panorama photo with a size of 8192×2816 is created from stitching together multiple images (25 photos for the Mavic 2 Zoom, 26 photos for the Mavic 2 Pro). Dedicated algorithms are used to patch together the zenith of the photo, as the camera is unable to shoot directly above the drone due to FOV limits ... "

Which means Mavic 2 Zoom is delivering less images for postproduction stitching (with dedicated 3rd party software like Autopano Giga) than Phantom 4 Pro (34 photos). Apparently zoom is not adjustable for pano sequence shooting and is set at wide 83 deg FOV. This will translate to lower resolution spherical panorama as compared to P4P or - I assume - Mavic 2 Pro version with 1" sensor.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-2 12:39
OK, more info about Mavic 2 Pano Mode can be found in product description fine prints:

" ... A 32MP (8192×4096) sphere panorama photo with a size of 8192×2816 is created from stitching together multiple images (25 photos for the Mavic 2 Zoom, 26 photos for the Mavic 2 Pro). Dedicated algorithms are used to patch together the zenith of the photo, as the camera is unable to shoot directly above the drone due to FOV limits ... "

Hi, Glad that you were able to figure out on the panorama. Please see the image for your reference as well. Please let us know if you have other concern.

2018-9-3
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

I think the question is where the pano photo start from? It pan to left or right from current position?
2018-9-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

GDL Posted at 2018-9-3 17:51
I think the question is where the pano photo start from? It pan to left or right from current position?

That is absolutely irrelevant since you'll control the rotation after stitched image is delivered.
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules