Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Issues - 2 Green Lights
751 8 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI User9262
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316785 ft
United States

I just went to launch my Mavic Pro 2 and I got a battery failure status on the remote.  Both of the bottom lights are solid green on the battery. Drone will power up with the battery but only to about 15% even though the battery was 100% when I started the drone.  I assume this is a battery failure but wanted to check if that was the case before going through the trouble of sending it back.  It's only a week old and has only been changed about 3 times. Other batteries work fine with no issues.  
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding with that is it possible for you to provide some pictures of the issue for better visualization? However, here's some chart about the battery status.
2018-9-2
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

When you look at the individual cell voltage, is there a deviation? The app will show the individual cell voltage when the MP2 is powered on.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI User9262
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-2 13:42
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding with that is it possible for you to provide some pictures of the issue for better visualization? However, here's some chart about the battery status.
[view_image]

So here is what I am seeing.  
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI User9262
lvl.1
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-2 13:43
When you look at the individual cell voltage, is there a deviation? The app will show the individual cell voltage when the MP2 is powered on.

I'm getting an error in the DJI app display saying that there is an error with battery status data.  So I'm getting nothing from the battery at all on cell status.  I have that set to display all the time.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI User9262
lvl.1
United States

Ok, Interesting change for the better.  In the process of capturing pictures to update the post I reset the drone multiple times.   The last time the status on the remote changed to show the firmware was not in sync.  It failed to update twice and then completed and it looks to be working correctly now.   I get all 4 lights on the battery and the battery status is now getting updated in the DJI go App.  So it would seem it was just a firmware issue that was not getting picked up by the battery for some reason.  
2018-9-2
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

DJI User9262 Posted at 2018-9-2 15:49
Ok, Interesting change for the better.  In the process of capturing pictures to update the post I reset the drone multiple times.   The last time the status on the remote changed to show the firmware was not in sync.  It failed to update twice and then completed and it looks to be working correctly now.   I get all 4 lights on the battery and the battery status is now getting updated in the DJI go App.  So it would seem it was just a firmware issue that was not getting picked up by the battery for some reason.

Good to hear. Glad you got it sorted out.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI User9262
lvl.1
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-2 16:21
Good to hear. Glad you got it sorted out.

Yes, Thanks for the feedback.  I never had that issues before and I have always had multiple batteries for my DJI drones.  It's clear that the firmware change that just came out must have needed to do something on all the batteries and that one never updated.  
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DJI User9262 Posted at 2018-9-2 15:49
Ok, Interesting change for the better.  In the process of capturing pictures to update the post I reset the drone multiple times.   The last time the status on the remote changed to show the firmware was not in sync.  It failed to update twice and then completed and it looks to be working correctly now.   I get all 4 lights on the battery and the battery status is now getting updated in the DJI go App.  So it would seem it was just a firmware issue that was not getting picked up by the battery for some reason.

Hi, Thanks for your updates. Glad to know that the issue has been sorted. Please ensure that everything is up to date when in terms of firmware prior to your flight to prevent issues. Please let me know if you have other concerns. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules