Side Obstacle avoidance
2596 8 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

I know its only on when you do active track, but is it on when you're doing a point of interest?
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your question Unfortunately Sensing for left/right directions is only available in ActiveTrack or Tripod Mode.
2018-9-2
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-2 15:13
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your question Unfortunately Sensing for left/right directions is only available in ActiveTrack or Tripod Mode.

Is that something we can ask them to fix in a future firmware update? Seems like this should be there because it's moving sideways doing an orbit, yet the left/right obstacle avoidance are off, and you're not moving very fast.  My problem is it's hard to get a good perspective if something is in the way when orbiting I was hoping it would be on.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

RichInGa Posted at 2018-9-2 17:40
Is that something we can ask them to fix in a future firmware update? Seems like this should be there because it's moving sideways doing an orbit, yet the left/right obstacle avoidance are off, and you're not moving very fast.  My problem is it's hard to get a good perspective if something is in the way when orbiting I was hoping it would be on.

We Appreciate your interest regarding with the feature. However, for now, I can't assume yet if our developer will add this to the feature of the product however this may be a good reference for the future update if ever.
2018-9-3
Use props
btvDave
New

United States

After having just crashed my drone into a tree yesterday, because my view was obstructed and flying sideways around a church steeple (that was very cool), I can tell you how much the side sensors would help others avoid my fate.
2018-10-24
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4

btvDave Posted at 2018-10-24 12:10
After having just crashed my drone into a tree yesterday, because my view was obstructed and flying sideways around a church steeple (that was very cool), I can tell you how much the side sensors would help others avoid my fate.

Hopefully the drone is ok -- They did add it to some shots like circle in the latest firmware but not POI.
2018-10-24
Use props
mckmnstr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86332 ft

United States

Certainly not on when in manual mode as the paint on the side of our home can now attest to. Snapped the right side leg.
2019-4-17
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

btvDave Posted at 2018-10-24 12:10
I can so relate.....and getting that baby down, safely from said tree took a little ingenuity and effort, for me.
2019-6-30
Use props
laduke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238494 ft
Germany

I think for proper side obstacle avoidance at higher speeds the drone will need 2 cameras an each side (as we have on front/back now). Maybe Mavic 3 will have this.
2019-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules