Spark mobile charging station defective?
898 3 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Khan SW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32956 ft

I'm trying to find out if my charging station is defective or does it really take over 4+hours to top off one battery from 30%? I was out flying at a local field and was only able to get one flight in before receiving a call from dispatch to report to work (I'm a diver for the sheriffs office). Needless to say I packed everything up, turned on the charging station and headed in. After briefing and loading of gear for an operation the next day I went home. Approximately 4 hours have passed from flying to getting back home. When I brought my bag in and opened it up to plug in I noticed that my battery was still blinking yellow. Why is it still not charged completely? This pretty much defeats the purpose of buying the station in the first place if it takes this long to actually charge. Anyone have some insight into this for me?
2018-9-2
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

It shouldn't take that long, but these "intelligent" batteries will not charge when they're too warm, which they often are immediately after use. Your battery might have had to cool down enough before charging began. Just a guess, though. It happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I just took the batteries off the charger and let them cool off in the shade, and twenty minutes later they were good to charge. I imagine it would take longer to cool off in a closed bag.
2018-9-2
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Your battery was blinking /yellow/???? Mine only blink green. Thats interesting.
Or did you mean "the charger blinking yellow"?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-9-3
Use props
Khan SW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32956 ft

Wolferl Posted at 2018-9-3 01:08
Your battery was blinking /yellow/???? Mine only blink green. Thats interesting.
Or did you mean "the charger blinking yellow"?

The charger was blinking yellow. When I got home I removed the spark, reinserted it and it started blinking green. So I'm not sure what happened, maybe it was conditioning the battery? I haven't had it happen since so I will just keep paying attention to it and see if it does it again.
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules