Mavic 2 Pro - Strange Hyperlapse Jello effect in decreasing light...
756 4 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bLEJteWKR1nC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7979 ft

So last night I spent the night in a Canadian National Park and due to unfortunate aviation laws, was unable to go for a flight with my new Mavic 2 Pro.   

In leu of a full fledged flight I decided to spend a couple of hours learning the interface and practicing the modes in a stationary manner.  I found a location and decided to do a hyperlapse of moving clouds over the course of an hour at dusk.  I wanted to see how the camera was challanged in a low light scenario.  With the drone positioned, manual settings entered (1/60s  f/11 ISO 100), and hyperlapse mode set (2s interval for 750 shots)  I took two hyperlapse sessions in series and combined them in post with a little contrast and CC added in Divinci Resolve.

I'm not so worried about the quality of the image, was quite pleased at the result and ability to push up the blacks... but I found that as the light declined and the ambient temperature dropped my mavic started giving me a strange jello effect in the hyperlapse See below after 0:30.  Has anyone else experienced this or do I potentially have some sort of problem with my drone?  

Thanks in advance.

Mavic 2 Pro - Riverside

Mavic 2 Pro - Riverside
2018-9-2
Use props
Pooshoes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7979 ft

BumpBump, any feedback dji?  I read another post about warping in hyperlapse too, not isolated so how can we fix this?
2018-9-3
Use props
Siriusdave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 896818 ft
United Kingdom

Looks to me from the videos the camera is auto focusing due to the low light change , looks like the focus length is different between shots .. I maybe wrong... can you do it with setting manual focus first ??
2018-9-3
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

I can confirm that I don't have this issue when doing manual focus - infinity icon tapped. I did get this while on AFC mode.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding that, this may vary which setting are you using especially when it comes to what mode of focusing and exposure being set on the camera setting.
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules