No fly zone
787 7 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
forager3215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230951 ft
United States

While in Sioux falls SD i launched my Mavic 2 pro just noth  of falls park at the farmers maket which is adjacent to the park when i got to about 50 ft said i was in a no fly zone which i wasn't and continued to let me fly then 2 min into the flight the Go4 app Crashed and would not restart. Landed the craft and rebooted everything Launched MP2 again was flying for about 10 min trying for a hyperlapse video of the falls when same message appeared you are in a no fly zone app crashes but was able to restart app this time so landed and went on my way. With mavic air the craft wouldn't even take off or if i approached a no fly zone the craft would head back HMMM.
2018-9-2
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

isnt sioux regional about 2 miles away?
2018-9-2
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

I am sorry for your trouble.  You should not fly in no fly zones, and that's why DJI keeps you under their control, for your own safety and the safety of others.  Other brands will let you do any dumb thing you want, which is foolish.   
2018-9-2
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

I am sorry for your trouble.  You should not fly in no fly zones, and that's why DJI keeps you under their control, for your own safety and the safety of others.  Other brands will let you do any dumb thing you want, which is foolish.    God Bress,  
2018-9-2
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Not sure where you were at in Sioux Falls. I've been up there around Falls Park and there is an airport and 2 heliports in that area. If you're just north of that spot, there's a prison and then the regional airport. Maybe the new app is buggy and not handling NFZ correctly though.
2018-9-2
Use props
forager3215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230951 ft
United States

It is within the 5 mile limit of airport and you can fly there its in the warning zone and flight is permitted look at airmap and dji flysafe map both show  its ok to fly its restricted to 100 ft.
2018-9-2
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what color is the circle that was showed up in the app?
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules