How advanced are the batteries on Mavic 2?
3291 8 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alecela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37024 ft
Hong Kong

Can someone share w/ us as to how advanced the batteries on the Mavic 2 are and how these advancements compare to the batteries from the Mavic Pro Platinum?    I'm a little surprised by the price of the new battery being 1/3 more than those from Mavic Pro Platinum so was curious as to what those improvements are...
2018-9-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

In short it has an additional cell so its a 4 cell battery and it may have a different chemistry to improve the energy density, apart from that it appears much the same.
2018-9-3
Use props
alecela
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-9-3 00:35
In short it has an additional cell so its a 4 cell battery and it may have a different chemistry to improve the energy density, apart from that it appears much the same.

Thanks for the info.   Am I right to assume that the M2 battery is heavier then?    To me, that almost sounds like a disadvantage!    Would be curious as to how the higher voltage translate to any performance advantage, if any.   
2018-9-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>

Mavic 1 236g
Mavic 2 295g

So a bit heavier.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Here are there comparisons:

Mavic Pro:

27-minute flight time
Self-discharge protection
Over-charge and discharge protection
Capacity: 3830 mAh
Voltage: 11.4 V
Battery Type: LiPo 3S
Energy: 43.6 Wh
Net Weight: Approx.0.5 lbs (240 g)
Operating Temperature: 41° to 104° F (5° to 40° C)

Mavic 2:

High-capacity LiPo cells
31 Minutes of flight time
Multiple intelligent battery protection features
Battery Type: Four-cell LiPo battery
Rated Capacity: 3850 mAh, 59.29 Wh (Typical Value)
Rated Voltage: 15.4 V
Limited Charge Voltage: 17.6 V
Charge Temperature: -10-60℃
Discharge Temperature: 5-40℃
2018-9-3
Use props
alecela
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-3 05:11
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Here are there comparisons:

Mavic Pro:

Thanks.   I was originally referring to batteries for Mavic Pro Platinum so it's 30min flight time vs. 31min flight time on Mavic 2...

Perhaps you can elaborate a bit beyond the published specs?    I'm still trying to work out the technical advantage given the significant price premium.
2018-9-3
Use props
alecela
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-9-3 04:09
Mavic 1 236g
Mavic 2 295g

Thanks for confirming the weight.   To me, this additional weight is a minus.   Curious about the features on the plus side though.  
2018-9-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>

alecela Posted at 2018-9-3 07:45
Thanks.   I was originally referring to batteries for Mavic Pro Platinum so it's 30min flight time vs. 31min flight time on Mavic 2...

Perhaps you can elaborate a bit beyond the published specs?    I'm still trying to work out the technical advantage given the significant price premium.

Platinum and Mavic Pro 1 batteries are interchangeable, only the colour is different. The efficiency change with the Platinum comes from improved ESC on the Flight Controller board, otherwise the drones are identical.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

alecela Posted at 2018-9-3 07:45
Thanks.   I was originally referring to batteries for Mavic Pro Platinum so it's 30min flight time vs. 31min flight time on Mavic 2...

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. The Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum have the same capacity as the battery, however, the Mavic Pro Platinum has a quieter flight and It also has 4dB (60% noise power) aircraft noise reduction which means the aircraft is not consuming a lot of battery power compared to the Mavic Pro and that the reason why it could provide 30 mins of flight time depending on the usage as well. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for support.
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules