DJI - Let me give you some tips to increase your CrystalSky sales
1089 10 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droidekas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1137300 ft
Sweden

Beeing an early adopter with the Mavic 2 Pro and DJIs lack of support between it and the CrystalSky at launch has made me think about their business model for the CrystalSky. Why are they always late with implementing support for their new drones on their own product?

As it is now, DJI give away money to other phone and pad manufacturers instead of increase their CrystalSky sales by not priorotizing support for the CS.
I mean, if I was DJI and about to launch a new drone I would give my own accessories a head start against other manufacturers. With the CS I would give it exclusive features only aimed at the prosumer/professional users or at least always give new features to the CS first for a few months before the ordinary Android/IOS app gets them.

This would probably increase their CS sales since we, their customers, are who we are: A bunch of inpatient grown up kids who always want the latest. I know I am...
2018-9-2
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Their attitude against CS is that looks they are not happy with their product
2018-9-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

nixuspix Posted at 2018-9-2 23:33
Their attitude against CS is that looks they are not happy with their product

They ain't alone!  
On my second, and may soon be on my third.  
2018-9-3
Use props
Polet999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 352359 ft
  • >>>
United States

You absolutely right, it's very true. We also not so happy with reliability of CS
2018-9-3
Use props
Dronason
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5689042 ft
  • >>>

As it is supposed to be a "pro" product, its price says it in any case, I prefer not to be large scale beta tester for any software change and get a more mature software. That's the theory. Regarding the Mavic 2 Pro, I agree with you, it should have been supported from day 1. Maybe it is why they delayed the release ?
2018-9-3
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Easy - the CS is aimed towards the Inspire and Professionals
BTW: Wonder why the CS is not showing up under the user avatar to the left when for instance the Osmo does
2018-9-4
Use props
Stridhur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173299849 ft
  • >>>
United States

Swedrone Posted at 2018-9-4 08:04
BTW: Wonder why the CS is not showing up under the user avatar to the left when for instance the Osmo does

Want to make book on how many Inspires will be sold in their total lifetime vs the amount of Mavic 2's sold in the first hour?

Your comment reeks of fawnboism and being a sycophant for DJApple. It also reflects a complete lack of business knowledge and really sounds like what a 12yo would write.
2018-9-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Swedrone Posted at 2018-9-4 08:04

Case of Tongue in Cheek humor?  
2018-9-8
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Stridhur Posted at 2018-9-8 00:10
Want to make book on how many Inspires will be sold in their total lifetime vs the amount of Mavic 2's sold in the first hour?

Your comment reeks of fawnboism and being a sycophant for DJApple. It also reflects a complete lack of business knowledge and really sounds like what a 12yo would write.

well bohoho
2018-9-8
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Do you just troll the Crystalsky forums passing flying comments without actually owning one?
2018-9-8
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-8 23:21
Do you just troll the Crystalsky forums passing flying comments without actually owning one?[view_image]

You're absolutely right - I don't own one (I own 2)
2018-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules