Operating without front vision sensor?
6437 8 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vertical_Joker
lvl.1
Slovenia

Hi,

I was replacing the plastic Spark body due to the crash... while reasembling all the parts into the new body I damaged the flat cable of the front vision sensor. That cable / unit now cannot be attached to Spark. Can I still use Spark without this sensor being attached or will it go into error mode?

Also does anyone have a link to buy just a flat cable not the whole front sensor unit?

Thanks for the help!
Andraž
2018-9-3
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

yes you can use the SPARK without the front obstacle sensor.  Mine has been working since the latest SPARK firmware update !!
2018-9-4
Use props
Harry Moman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 311240 ft
Australia

Yes u can fly with that warning , i had it after hitting a tree lol , i also replaced shell , took me 2 days !!  i was very careful not to damage any of my gimble or sensor cables tho :-)
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry on what happened to your aircraft. Using the drone without obstacle avoidance would be risky due to that the aircraft will not sense any obstacle. I would recommend sending the unit to our recommended repair facility for them to check your aircraft. Please see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2018-9-5
Use props
Vertical_Joker
lvl.1
Slovenia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-5 11:11
Hi, Sorry on what happened to your aircraft. Using the drone without obstacle avoidance would be risky due to that the aircraft will not sense any obstacle. I would recommend sending the unit to our recommended repair facility for them to check your aircraft. Please see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

Hi Tony, do you have any contact where I could just buy the flat cable I had dammaged? I can replce/repair it myself.

Thanks!
Andraž
2018-9-6
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

You can but it won't stop in case u are close to an object..   Would be better to get it repaired..
2018-9-6
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Keep flying in Sports Mode,,,,, no need for the sensor,,
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Vertical_Joker Posted at 2018-9-6 00:54
Hi Tony, do you have any contact where I could just buy the flat cable I had dammaged? I can replce/repair it myself.

Thanks!

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry, sorry that cables inside the aircraft cannot be purchased on our store due to that we're not recommending our customers to fix the drone on their end because this procedure will void the warranty of the drone. Thank you for understanding.
2018-9-9
Use props
djiuser_NAechyX3BIbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70039 ft

United Kingdom

Hi am new to this flying stuff but finding it great fun and brill for pictures.. but I crashed my dji air 2s and it is saying front upper sensor not working contact dji .. it has snaped the metal bracket the the 4 front sensors r attached to so need to replace it can eny of you guys point me in the right direction thanks alot tam
2022-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules