What is the best Video Editing software (Win 10) ?
3706 16 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cyrilp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14465 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,

i have just ordered a Pro 2 and i'm a beginner in video editing (i'm a photographer).

What would be the best software to edit the PRO 2 videos in Dlog-M 10 bits.

Are there any tutorial on how to manage the colors from the Dlog-M ?

I need one that is easy to use as a beginner.

yours,

Cyril
www.preiss.fr
2018-9-3
Use props
Packer Backer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240948 ft
United States

I personally like and learning the adobe suite. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with it. There a a bunch of tutorial out there as well. That being said I did find this old forum post

https://forum.dji.com/thread-110283-1-1.html

2018-9-3
Use props
Valentin Remy
lvl.3

Go for Davinci Resolve ! Professionnal editing and grading software, and it's free !
This is where you'll make the most out of the 10 bit color.

I'm working with Premiere because I'm used to it and I work way faster, but I'm looking to switch to Resolve.
I'm getting tired of Premiere crashing for no reason here and there.

2018-9-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

There are quite a number of good ones. The best one is the one you feel comfortable with in terms of user friendliness, so try them before buying. Here you can find many download links for free trial versions: https://download.cnet.com/video-editing-production/windows/
Personally I use Cyberlink Power Director since many years.
2018-9-3
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Premiere pro is excellent and has a ton of videos and tutorials out there.

Resolve is free but more limited (in terms of plugins an features) but if you just want basic grading its fine.
2018-9-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Premiere pro is awesome, but a steep learning curve. Wondershare Filmora, easy to use, and some excellent functions. Also, a ton of tutorials and free content to download. I have yet to use Davinci, but did get it. Also Cyberlink Power Director looks nice. Also a lot of free content to download. All of the above should also have codecs for the 10 bit logs by now.

I would probably get the easier to use software for a beginning, then go up to PP if I get my head around all the things you could do, cut and add timelines, and and.......
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Hope you'll get the best recommendation for better editing software. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-5
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-3 02:13
There are quite a number of good ones. The best one is the one you feel comfortable with in terms of user friendliness, so try them before buying. Here you can find many download links for free trial versions: https://download.cnet.com/video-editing-production/windows/
Personally I use Cyberlink Power Director since many years.

I too use the full paid version of PowerDirector as it's so powerful yet generally so intuitive.
My only criticism of it is how it handles sound editing and levels, but for picture editing and effects, it's very straightforward

Ian
2018-9-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Wellsi Posted at 2018-9-5 13:24
I too use the full paid version of PowerDirector as it's so powerful yet generally so intuitive.
My only criticism of it is how it handles sound editing and levels, but for picture editing and effects, it's very straightforward

I fully agree with you on the video editing functions. On sound I cannot comment because my videos just need suitable music added and that works easily. Your videos are much more demanding on that side too. What I like in particular on Power Director is the "Produce" section. Very efficient and offers just all what is on the market if one updates regularly (not always needed to be done every year).
2018-9-5
Use props
fans68308231
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200177 ft
United Kingdom

You can forget the free version of resolve as it has no lens correction feature.

You need the £240 studio version to correct M2P footage in any profile other than normal.
2018-9-5
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Cyril,
I have a few on the computer. At one time I was using Davinci Resolve 15 most of the time. Then I saw some videos and they were using Cyberlink Director 16. Tried it and I really like it. If you are into easy editing Cyberlink is great. It uses programs with-in it to take a lot of guess work out of editing. I use  both editing programs, Cyberlink for ease and Davinci for color editing.
Another good editing program that is like Cyberlink is Filmora.
2018-9-5
Use props
mbre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32454 ft
Slovenia

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-5 17:49
Cyril,
I have a few on the computer. At one time I was using Davinci Resolve 15 most of the time. Then I saw some videos and they were using Cyberlink Director 16. Tried it and I really like it. If you are into easy editing Cyberlink is great. It uses programs with-in it to take a lot of guess work out of editing. I use  both editing programs, Cyberlink for ease and Davinci for color editing.
Another good editing program that is like Cyberlink is Filmora.

BHoudini-

What format of DJI files are you downloading for editing in Cyberlink?
2018-9-15
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

premiere pro, vegas pro 15, wondershare filmora, is what i use, you can find these on the piratebay for free, don't ask me for any links though might get me in trouble ;)
2018-9-15
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

mbre Posted at 2018-9-15 20:53
BHoudini-

What format of DJI files are you downloading for editing in Cyberlink?

Cyril,
If you are asking what video format? I take the video data (mp4) right off the SD card and input it directly into Cyberlink. I just uploaded a video using Cyberlink to the forum. Iron King

2018-9-16
Use props
ashu31
New

India

Adobe Premiere Pro CC is best software for video editing but is paid version.
2019-5-31
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

I just switched to Premiere Pro, I need to learn it more.  I primarily used Vegas, though I came across issues with it when trying to recently edit certain 4K media (it's not my rig).  I know DaVinci Resolve is great too.
2019-5-31
Use props
Daegal
lvl.1

United States

The TunesKit AceMovi is worth trying. Actually, I am also a beginner of video editing. I have tried the PR of Adobe, but it is really difficult  and complex for me. I can't use it to make a whole video which is upst to me.
But recently I found a new video editor to help me. That is TunseKit AceMovi which has intuitive interface and simple steps to edit  a good video. What is the most important for me is that I can understand all of the explaination of its tutorials. This is really savior for me as a beginner. If this tool can also help you, I would be happy.
2023-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules