Mavic 2 pro firmware update failures
4888 16 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd7474eb3
lvl.1
Australia

I've had a Mavic Pro for years... so I know how to do the firmare updates, and I updated the old Mavic Pro last night without any issues using the same network/pc/phone I used below..

Bought a new Mavic 2 Pro today and just cant get the firmware update to complete...
The controller did update using DJI assistant after several persistent attemps but the bird just refuses.
Current M2P v00.06.0000, attempting to load V01.00.0000
My WiFi and Internet are working just fine.

I've tried:
1. using DJI Assistant v1.2.0 - the download runs for a variable amount of time then fails with "Update failed", "Network Error". I'm using the supplied cable both in USB v2 and USB v3 ports. Sometimes it even gets to 100% downloaded then fails.
2. Using the controller and a Samsung Galaxy S9+ with the side usb port and the big usb port in the middle - the update never starts and always reports "Network Error" I tried using both WiFi and 4G and get the same error.
3. I've tried every combination of usb/controller/one/both/fingers crossed etc but always the same error. restart between tries or not doesnt make any difference.

I've used up two batteries trying this this afternoon but no success,
Does anyone have any ideas of what else to try?
Can I download the file manually and put it on the SD card or something?

Thanks,
C

2018-9-3
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try upgrading to DJI Assistant 2 version 2.0.0. You can download the installer here:

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to install the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.0?

Here are the links if not:

For windows: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... For+Mavic+2.0.0.zip
For Mac: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... For+Mavic+2.0.0.pkg
2018-9-3
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

my friend couldn't update with his android phone (samsung galaxy s9), update worked with iOS.
2018-9-3
Use props
windsurfkruzer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 186535 ft
Australia

Exactly same here with samsung S9. I went the "assist 2" option on my pc, used the cable directly from usb port to bird and Presto, watched the lights flash for 10 minutes or more. Same process worked for the RC
2018-9-3
Use props
fansd7474eb3
lvl.1
Australia

Ah yes, thanks everyone.
DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic works fine.
Silly mistake. ALl upgraded now.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansd7474eb3 Posted at 2018-9-3 04:22
Ah yes, thanks everyone.
DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic works fine.
Silly mistake. ALl upgraded now.

That's good to know. Please let us know if you still need more help.
2018-9-3
Use props
djiuser_ZpfnB8fGIJHl
lvl.1

I am having the same problem, but DJI Assistant 2 V2.0.0 also won't connect to my Mavic 2 Pro. I can see that it has connected to my PC and can access storage, but the Assistant program just continually displays the circular image showing the usb plug and arrows towards a computer port. It seems like the two aren't talking to each other. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the assistant software, but no better.
2018-9-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

djiuser_ZpfnB8fGIJHl Posted at 2018-9-3 21:26
I am having the same problem, but DJI Assistant 2 V2.0.0 also won't connect to my Mavic 2 Pro. I can see that it has connected to my PC and can access storage, but the Assistant program just continually displays the circular image showing the usb plug and arrows towards a computer port. It seems like the two aren't talking to each other. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the assistant software, but no better.

The remote must be off for Assistant 2 to work. Either that or update wirelessly via remote. If you have both connections, the update won't load.                                          
2018-9-3
Use props
Gomez Garcia Gonzalez
lvl.1

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2018-9-3 22:03
The remote must be off for Assistant 2 to work. Either that or update wirelessly via remote. If you have both connections, the update won't load.

Thanks, I tried this and again I can access the sd card and internal storage, so the drone and pc are connected, but the software doesn't reognise the connection and the drone LEDs just flash yellow.
2018-9-3
Use props
Gomez Garcia Gonzalez
lvl.1

Same thing if I connect the controller to the pc, it pops up as connected but the assistant software does nothing.
2018-9-3
Use props
Gomez Garcia Gonzalez
lvl.1

I have eventually done the firmware update successfully by using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, though it only worked on the second pc I tried and even then the drone update took three attempts (connection kept dropping out), though the RC worked first try. Not a relaxing experience!
2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_HoGh73hJZcrN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16804 ft
Italy

Non riesco ad aggiornare mavic 2 zoomm
2018-9-28
Use props
djiuser_HoGh73hJZcrN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16804 ft
Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-3 06:28
That's good to know. Please let us know if you still need more help.

Non riesco ad aggiornare mavic zoom
2018-9-28
Use props
Serratus
lvl.1
Norway

I managed to get it to work by alternating between the DJI GO 4 app and doing several reboots, then doing the DJI assistant 2, then the GO 4 app again.
2018-9-28
Use props
fans86384b4f
lvl.1

Indonesia

when you try to upgrade the firmware with your USB connection to PC using dji assistant 2
...dont forget to connet the remotte with the aircraft  as well.....
2018-10-18
Use props
djiuser_XwFxWH8PIgK5
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hoi ik heb pas de marvic pro 2 gekocht maar nu laad me telefoon op tijdens het vliegen. Heeft iemand hier een oplossing voor
2019-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules