Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Pro Firmware Released(2018.09.03)
12345Next >
60472 162 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date :        2018.09.03
  • Firmware :        v01.04.0500
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS :        v4.3.0
  • DJI GO 4 App Android :        v4.3.0

What’s New?
This update includes an update for the DJI Goggles firmware:
  • Added support for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom.

Notes:
  • Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

2018-9-3
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Only Mavic Pro? When for the Mavic Air.........................
2018-9-3
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

Being that many of us on this thread are only concerned with the Mavic Pro (not the MP2 or MP Zoom), what issues where fixed for the MP in this release.  I have kept my MP at a release maybe 3 versions back.  And with the amount of work I do with the MP, I cannot afford to loose video, have faulty video, or worse, loose the bird.  I am hoping to see some discussion here about this release and the positive/negative of this release as it pertains to only the MP.  Thanks!!
2018-9-3
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>

What updates were made to the M2P?
2018-9-3
Use props
Kilrah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1733612 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

This is just an update for the Goggles (white ones) to support the M2, it only becomes a "Mavic Pro update" because the goggles firmware is part of the MP firmware.
There likely isn't any change for the aircraft.
2018-9-3
Use props
Kilrah
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

Confirmed, contents identical to v01.04.0400 apart from 2 goggle modules. Updating AC/RC is pointless.
2018-9-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the update.
2018-9-3
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

lol, wtf.   not a mavic pro firmware, this is a goggles firmware.   
2018-9-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

It's not been unknown for DJI to include fixes unannounced when releasing firmware and App' updates. I've not been aware of any issues with the current V01.04.0400 firmware on my Mavic Pro but will update to keep all aligned.
2018-9-3
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft
Brazil

When are they going to actually release an update to make the goggles properly compatible with the Mavic Air? It doesnt even have the same frame rate options the Air have, let alone a buch of other features you cant select within the goggles.
Or is it only aimed to mavic pro/ mavic 2 users? If so, why they didnt warn anybody about compatibility and even sell a combo???
2018-9-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Now updated Mavic Pro using DJI Assistant 2 (V1.2.4), upgrades were not yet visible in DJI Go 4 (V4.3.0).

Goggles and RC upgraded without any problems. Aircraft update did not start at first attempt after file downloaded and transmitted to aircraft via USB. I restarted Assistant 2, and all worked well on second attempt.

Rain stops play, so not flight tested yet.
2018-9-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

WOuld be nice to know what bugs were fixed
2018-9-3
Use props
Kilrah
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

As said there is zero difference for aircraft and RC, just the M2 support for goggles.
2018-9-3
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

update for mavic air? still nothing?
2018-9-3
Use props
Kilrah
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

What do you want for mavic air?
2018-9-3
Use props
Julio Pontes
New

Brazil

When I try to update, it gives an error and aborts. The error happens both via usb and apk. I already tried to downgrade by assistant 2 and same error, it arrives in 24% of the update and stops. From what I noticed when it comes to 24% it turns off the cooler, disconnects the usb and connects again, as if it were rebooting at that time.
Any idea?
2018-9-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

Julio Pontes Posted at 2018-9-3 12:03
When I try to update, it gives an error and aborts. The error happens both via usb and apk. I already tried to downgrade by assistant 2 and same error, it arrives in 24% of the update and stops. From what I noticed when it comes to 24% it turns off the cooler, disconnects the usb and connects again, as if it were rebooting at that time.
Any idea?

The update does take a while and reboots a few times if I remember. Wait for update completed green tick, which appears about 30 seconds or so , and a reboot after reaching 100%.
2018-9-3
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really wish I could figure out why one of my two Mavics won't update both the RC and AC at the same time.   Same Win10 PC, same DJI Assistant instance, etc.  Plug in one and both the RC and AC update.  Plug in the other, and the update fails at 44% every time forcing me to independently plug in and update the RC and AC separately.

LP
2018-9-3
Use props
fansec235508
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546043 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thank you for the update, can’t wait to take out my mavic 2 pro and use my first gen white goggles
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI-Drone-Junkie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11765 ft
  • >>>
United States

updated mavic 2 and goggles - confirmed updated and functional on the desk. will try a flight tomorrow.  excited to try out zoom features and hyperlapse.
2018-9-3
Use props
حاتم الزغيبي
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3430463 ft
Saudi Arabia

Error?
Error?
2A375FDC-C1F7-4681-ABC4-5BE2A1343F34.jpeg
6874B79E-0F15-41E8-8E4C-5F71741430E9.png
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Lonesome Crow Posted at 2018-9-3 05:41
Being that many of us on this thread are only concerned with the Mavic Pro (not the MP2 or MP Zoom), what issues where fixed for the MP in this release.  I have kept my MP at a release maybe 3 versions back.  And with the amount of work I do with the MP, I cannot afford to loose video, have faulty video, or worse, loose the bird.  I am hoping to see some discussion here about this release and the positive/negative of this release as it pertains to only the MP.  Thanks!!

‏Hi Lonesome Crow, just as Kilrah mentioned, the update only adds the compatibility with the Mavic 2 series and white Goggles. If you encounter any difficulties with the current firmware, please kindly provide us with more details for better assistance, thanks so much!
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ulysses Paiva Posted at 2018-9-3 08:31
When are they going to actually release an update to make the goggles properly compatible with the Mavic Air? It doesnt even have the same frame rate options the Air have, let alone a buch of other features you cant select within the goggles.
Or is it only aimed to mavic pro/ mavic 2 users? If so, why they didnt warn anybody about compatibility and even sell a combo???

Hi Ulysses Paiva, the Mavic Air has been compatible with Goggles since Feb. 2018: https://forum.dji.com/thread-134249-1-1.html
May I know what troubles do you encounter when using Goggles and Mavic Air?  More details are appreciated. We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Julio Pontes Posted at 2018-9-3 12:03
Any idea?

Hi Julio, is there any error message when the firmware update failed? The drone might reboot during the firmware update, please kindly wait for a certain time to see whether it helps.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-9-3 16:06
Really wish I could figure out why one of my two Mavics won't update both the RC and AC at the same time.   Same Win10 PC, same DJI Assistant instance, etc.  Plug in one and both the RC and AC update.  Plug in the other, and the update fails at 44% every time forcing me to independently plug in and update the RC and AC separately.

LP

Hi LeafPeeper, just to verify, the separate firmware update is successful, but update the drone and RC together will fail, right? Is there any error message during the progress?
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. Have you tried to update the firmware on the DJI Assistant 2? Does the same issue appear? Please help us confirm, thanks so much!
2018-9-4
Use props
erhan spencer
New

This is just an update for the Goggles (white ones) to support the M2, it only becomes a "Mavic Pro update" because the goggles firmware is part of the MP firmware. and for the printer tech issues or any jamming issues you can visit the link <a href=" https://printertechsupportnumber ... 20-error-code-0x97/"> Epson error code 0x97</a> for taking the help.
2018-9-4
Use props
حاتم الزغيبي
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3430463 ft
Saudi Arabia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-4 03:18
Sorry for the troubles. Have you tried to update the firmware on the DJI Assistant 2? Does the same issue appear? Please help us confirm, thanks so much!

Right I tried and the same mistake sorry I used the translator to connect
2018-9-4
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-4 02:39
Hi Ulysses Paiva, the Mavic Air has been compatible with Goggles since Feb. 2018: https://forum.dji.com/thread-134249-1-1.html
May I know what troubles do you encounter when using Goggles and Mavic Air?  More details are appreciated. We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.

Hi, Susan!

Well, it is compatible in terms of being able to connect (via USB), but it's not a full compatibility. A lot of functions are not available using the goggles, like it doesnt show all the frame rate options (and some other settings on the software side that are already available inside Go4 app). You cant use both goggles and smartphone at the same time, you have to disconnect/unplug one to conect the other so you even dont have a button within the app to switch between them. When you disconnect the goggles, it always change the Go4 app wifi setting to 2.4Ghz (I mostly use 5.8ghz) even though its connected via USB cable. You have to first take off with the phone then unplug it, plug the goggle and only then you can use it. And some other functions not present inside the goggles which are present in the Go4 app (battery level bar with RTH estimation and others). It's not fully compatible, it only "works".
It also doesnt save flight logs as Go4 App does nor saves any feed cache as I can do with my phone. And it did cost me the price of a flagship phone that now I realize I should have bought with a cheap FPV solution like VR Box and I would have a much better and useful tool.

There is one simple solution that could make it all work at once: making it able to use both at the same time! As it is already happening with other models. The way it already is, simples as that. So I could change any settings inside the app regardless what goggles have or have not, check RTH battery estimation, I wouldnt have to plug/unplug several times for a single flight (which is cumbersome and more of a workaround than a real feature) and all the rest, and I would only need to flip the goggles up, take a look at what I want inside the app, then flip back to using the goggles within seconds and even without removing the gogglos from my head. And needless to say how much safer (big time!) it would be to fly that way. And its only 1 change away from it.

2018-9-4
Use props
Kilrah
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

Yes, while the picture works it would be great to have proper feature support tailored to the aircraft. For now the Goggles system/interface seems tailored to the Mavic Pro rather than properly take the aircraft/camera type and capabilities into account.
And obviously the RE Goggles with their SDR should be able technically to receive a feed from the Air wirelessly, but...
2018-9-4
Use props
scottyboy12911
lvl.1
United States

I just have a quick question, i had a dji pro and sold it to get the mavic 2. The one thing i am noticing is that the "follow me mode, terrain tracking, gestures control" just to name a few are not there... WHY is that DJI? will it be in a future update? If i am paying for a pro I WANT IT ALL lol- can anyone elaborate on that?
2018-9-4
Use props
scottyboy12911
lvl.1
United States

I just have a quick question, i had a dji pro and sold it to get the mavic 2. The one thing i am noticing is that the "follow me mode, terrain tracking, gestures control" just to name a few are not there... WHY is that DJI? will it be in a future update? If i am paying for a pro I WANT IT ALL lol- can anyone elaborate on that?
2018-9-4
Use props
RAONE
lvl.1

thanks for the update
2018-9-4
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

Kilrah Posted at 2018-9-4 10:43
Yes, while the picture works it would be great to have proper feature support tailored to the aircraft. For now the Goggles system/interface seems tailored to the Mavic Pro rather than properly take the aircraft/camera type and capabilities into account.
And obviously the RE Goggles with their SDR should be able technically to receive a feed from the Air wirelessly, but...

Yeah. Looks like they only made effort to make it see each other and connect then considered it done, case closed. Man. I dont have words to better express my frustration. You buy a product, the drone, then buy another product from the same company which screams in their ads we can use it with a majority of the drone models and you expect it to be the best option out there but in truth it looks more like we are trying to make a drone from one manufacturer to work with the goggles from another manufacturer which never promised it would work or not.
At least it should be clearly stated not all functions would work and you'd be better off with the app alone because the goggles are not as capable as your phone nor even the P4P Plus screen by far. I really feel I'be been fooled by them.
2018-9-4
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-4 03:11
Hi LeafPeeper, just to verify, the separate firmware update is successful, but update the drone and RC together will fail, right? Is there any error message during the progress?

Yes - it's the error I mentioned in this thread.   Happens with this firmware too.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1447001

LP
2018-9-5
Use props
fansb2aaa381
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34741 ft
Switzerland

I’ve just upgraded my MP drone and controller together and zero problems.

iPad/Mavic Pro/iPhone SE. All works fine.

For what it’s worth I’ve had the MP since October 2016 and have done every app/drone/controller update  over WiFi without ever really considering anything might go wrong and...it never has. Drone, controller and apps have always worked 100% perfectly.
2018-9-5
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

Updated last night no issues.  This was a mavic pro 1
2018-9-5
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Updated MP, RC and goggles with no issues. Did a couple of flights and everything seems fine. But I'm also one of the people that have had the MP for over a year, updated with every release and never had any problems. MP must have been made under a lucky star.
2018-9-5
Use props
Alexei Merinov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

Suren Posted at 2018-9-3 09:24
WOuld be nice to know what bugs were fixed

I agree and support!
I was forced to roll back to the February 2018 rumor to restore the performance of my Mavik Pro And on the part of developers of the program it would be correct to mention the corrections of those numerous shortcomings that were discussed at this forum.
These are not small - these are the problems that made using Mavik Pro impossible. And it's very strange to see that there is not a word about this in the release of the new firmware.
2018-9-5
Use props
fans1a30b3d1
New

Canada

5 times I have tried updating the RC - Mavic worked 1st time but RC fails every time!

working of a dedicated supreme desktop so this should be a walk in the park.

It is downloading the update fine, transmitting it in seconds, then the update fails
2018-9-5
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules