New Mavic Pro Firmware Released(2018.09.03)
60486 162 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jollibee86
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-9 18:51
Hello Jollibee86, may I know what's the current version of the aircraft? If it is the firmware before V01.04.0000, there is a beta firmware which may help to figure this out. If the aircraft has been updated to V01.04.0000 or later version, I'm afraid that the beta will not work, you may start a case and send it in for diagnosis, please help us confirm, thanks so much!

Thanks for getting back with me. My current version is V01.03.500. My DJI email is f.daniel.angeles@gmail.com
2018-9-10
Use props
djiuser_ORT03tqNgLhm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2217402 ft
United Kingdom

Hiya I've just tried doing the new firmware with my Mavic pro and white goggles and it finished it and it came back up saying new firmware again. So I did it once again and it's doing the same that the firmware update needs doing again. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks Gavin UK.
2018-9-10
Use props
djiuser_ORT03tqNgLhm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2217402 ft
United Kingdom

Ulysses Paiva Posted at 2018-9-4 05:16
Hi, Susan!

Well, it is compatible in terms of being able to connect (via USB), but it's not a full compatibility. A lot of functions are not available using the goggles, like it doesnt show all the frame rate options (and some other settings on the software side that are already available inside Go4 app). You cant use both goggles and smartphone at the same time, you have to disconnect/unplug one to conect the other so you even dont have a button within the app to switch between them. When you disconnect the goggles, it always change the Go4 app wifi setting to 2.4Ghz (I mostly use 5.8ghz) even though its connected via USB cable. You have to first take off with the phone then unplug it, plug the goggle and only then you can use it. And some other functions not present inside the goggles which are present in the Go4 app (battery level bar with RTH estimation and others). It's not fully compatible, it only "works".

DJI needs to stop saying these are for the air and spark because they are WiFi base and not ocusync you can't have phone connected at the same time. So it is a horrible experience you end up having to unplug about 6 times just to get some basic important information. With that you use 5.8ghz these white goggles don't use that band so that's why it goes and uses 2.4ghz. I have the spark and Mavic pro and I've only ever used the goggles with the spark once.
2018-9-10
Use props
Prometheus_Mavi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28760 ft

United States

I got an yaw error while flying my MP on this firmware. It switched to ATT mode and flew away. I was lucky to recover it.
2018-9-10
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft

djiuser_ORT03tqNgLhm Posted at 2018-9-10 14:13
DJI needs to stop saying these are for the air and spark because they are WiFi base and not ocusync you can't have phone connected at the same time. So it is a horrible experience you end up having to unplug about 6 times just to get some basic important information. With that you use 5.8ghz these white goggles don't use that band so that's why it goes and uses 2.4ghz. I have the spark and Mavic pro and I've only ever used the goggles with the spark once.

The connection is through the USB cable, so nothing you said applies.
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Roiko Posted at 2018-9-10 10:13
Hello all!!

I have a Mavic Pro, controlling it with a Samsung S9+. RTH configured to 50m and if RC signal is lost RTH enabled.

Hi Roiko, just to verify, is there any error message when the connection lost? Does the issue appear frequently? I'm afraid that it is hard to tell the exact status from your description, you may change to another open field and adjust the antennas to see whether it helps.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jollibee86 Posted at 2018-9-10 13:11
Thanks for getting back with me. My current version is V01.03.500. My DJI email is

Received with thanks! The beta will be available around 1-2 working days, you may refer to the below to update:

1. Log into your DJI account.
2. Upgrade the firmware V1.3.8.10 or V1.3.8.11. or V1.3.8.13
3. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to the latest one, it will be working.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ORT03tqNgLhm Posted at 2018-9-10 14:01
Hiya I've just tried doing the new firmware with my Mavic pro and white goggles and it finished it and it came back up saying new firmware again. So I did it once again and it's doing the same that the firmware update needs doing again. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks Gavin UK.

Hey there, could you read the current aircraft and Goggles firmware? If both have been updated to the latest version, please restart and clean the App cache to see whether the issue remains.
2018-9-11
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft

djiuser_ORT03tqNgLhm Posted at 2018-9-10 14:13
DJI needs to stop saying these are for the air and spark because they are WiFi base and not ocusync you can't have phone connected at the same time. So it is a horrible experience you end up having to unplug about 6 times just to get some basic important information. With that you use 5.8ghz these white goggles don't use that band so that's why it goes and uses 2.4ghz. I have the spark and Mavic pro and I've only ever used the goggles with the spark once.

The connection is through the USB cable, so nothing you said applies.
I dont use the phone, I use the RC which passes the data to the goggles. Its not the goggles that make the connection to the aircraft. And it does use 5.8ghz. It shows on screen and I can definitely see the range improvement. Its just when I restart the AC that the app shows 2.4ghz.
2018-9-11
Use props
Jollibee86
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-11 01:43
Received with thanks! The beta will be available around 1-2 working days, you may refer to the below to update:

1. Log into your DJI account.

Hi Susan, now I keep getting the 0x032800 error shown below when I try upgrading to 3.0813. Downgrading to 3.0350 also causes the same error. I am not sure what the problem is.  
2018-9-11
Use props
djiuser_RhUf2Y12NmEF
lvl.1

Spain

If you do not want to throw 1000 € in the trash and take a good dislike do not buy this drone. Manufacturer and seller are not responsible for product failure and being under warranty. I was flying the drone on a beach in good condition when suddenly decided to land automatically in a place away from the point of origin, to my astonishment I tried by all means to cancel the landing, but this did not obey and continued descending until landing on the beach , immediately I was running to the place and naturally something so sweet had already been taken and never heard again. I want to clarify that at the time of the failure, the drone had a 12% battery, more than enough to get where I was. The next day I contacted DJI, and after presenting all the required documentation and tests they told me that it was my fault for flying with low battery. After presenting all kinds of allegations and demonstrating that it was the drone's failure, they replied that they are very sorry and that as a courtesy they make me 15% in the purchase of my next drone, that is, they encourage me to compare another drone so that the same thing happened again. That's what the manufacturer's guarantee consists of, in short, a round business. If my case does not convince you, do not think that it is an isolated case, investigating in YouTuve and in forums there are countless cases of drones of DJI lost and crashed caused by reliability problems and as the manufacturer washes his hands with any excuse . I also encourage you to watch the comments that appear in the Play Store within the app to fly the drone "DJI GO 4". I used to read this kind of negative comments, the first thing I thought was that these were isolated cases or due to the pilot's negligence, but I assure you that this is not the case. We are facing a product with a very immature technology and that sooner or later they all end up failing. Apart from losing the drone I also lost the 128GB memory card I was carrying with all the videos and photos of my previous flights.
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jollibee86 Posted at 2018-9-11 23:12
Hi Susan, now I keep getting the 0x032800 error shown below when I try upgrading to 3.0813. Downgrading to 3.0350 also causes the same error. I am not sure what the problem is.  [view_image]

Sorry about this. For this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit on for diagnosis. Please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index The designated team will take care once the package arrived.
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_RhUf2Y12NmEF Posted at 2018-9-12 11:24
If you do not want to throw 1000 € in the trash and take a good dislike do not buy this drone. Manufacturer and seller are not responsible for product failure and being under warranty. I was flying the drone on a beach in good condition when suddenly decided to land automatically in a place away from the point of origin, to my astonishment I tried by all means to cancel the landing, but this did not obey and continued descending until landing on the beach , immediately I was running to the place and naturally something so sweet had already been taken and never heard again. I want to clarify that at the time of the failure, the drone had a 12% battery, more than enough to get where I was. The next day I contacted DJI, and after presenting all the required documentation and tests they told me that it was my fault for flying with low battery. After presenting all kinds of allegations and demonstrating that it was the drone's failure, they replied that they are very sorry and that as a courtesy they make me 15% in the purchase of my next drone, that is, they encourage me to compare another drone so that the same thing happened again. That's what the manufacturer's guarantee consists of, in short, a round business. If my case does not convince you, do not think that it is an isolated case, investigating in YouTuve and in forums there are countless cases of drones of DJI lost and crashed caused by reliability problems and as the manufacturer washes his hands with any excuse . I also encourage you to watch the comments that appear in the Play Store within the app to fly the drone "DJI GO 4". I used to read this kind of negative comments, the first thing I thought was that these were isolated cases or due to the pilot's negligence, but I assure you that this is not the case. We are facing a product with a very immature technology and that sooner or later they all end up failing. Apart from losing the drone I also lost the 128GB memory card I was carrying with all the videos and photos of my previous flights.

Sir, I'm so sorry to read the accident. May I have your case number for better assistance? I'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-9-13
Use props
ColoradoBob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1601690 ft
United States

Roiko Posted at 2018-9-10 10:13
Hello all!!

I have a Mavic Pro, controlling it with a Samsung S9+. RTH configured to 50m and if RC signal is lost RTH enabled.

That exact situation happened to me this weekend after updating to the latest FW... I was flying my second battery in a desert location, I was at 400 ft max altitude 1100 meters out and I got the Application disconnect notice on my Crystal Sky DJI GO screen. It was the very first App Disconnect I have ever experienced. Was a little rusty on PANIC but reasoned it out and restarted the APP on the CS. The AC immediately reconnected and I flew her home. I had the Video recording at the time of the disconnect and it showed the bird just coming to a stop and holding position until I reconnected 30-40 seconds later... Once I reconnected I didn't have any more issues that day... I checked my settings and on LOS it was supposed to RTH, but it didn't! Maybe I reconnected before the time out to initiate RTH... I've had this bird out 3300 meters (2 full miles +) and never had issues before... I did get some darn good shots though.
2018-9-13
Use props
JaySteele
New

Pakistan

A well-reputed writing company of United kingdom offers help and assistance to those who ask write assignment from assignment box for their final term. Because this firm is too famous in the academic world qualified writers to work for this service and write assignments at very low cost. thanks
2018-9-13
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-9-3 16:06
Really wish I could figure out why one of my two Mavics won't update both the RC and AC at the same time.   Same Win10 PC, same DJI Assistant instance, etc.  Plug in one and both the RC and AC update.  Plug in the other, and the update fails at 44% every time forcing me to independently plug in and update the RC and AC separately.

LP

I think you will find this is not recommended. If you have the Controller and Drone powered on for the update at the same time they will link together and that causes problems with being able to update.
2018-9-15
Use props
djiuser_OmgRHNiqaHDP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3433209 ft
  • >>>

Lost my mavic 2 pro do to a   Signal loss and a compass error. I was just flying under a bridge
2018-9-15
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2018-9-15 03:48
I think you will find this is not recommended. If you have the Controller and Drone powered on for the update at the same time they will link together and that causes problems with being able to update.

By who?  This is exactly what is recommended in the manual.  Check page 61.

LP
2018-9-16
Use props
fans1eeb3368
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38356 ft
South Africa

Had a very frustrating day trying to get latest firmware upgrade done on my Mp1, same errors as DJI  Susan, tried plenty of times with assistant and via RC,
Still flies but no gimbal control, and no video with Litchi, used to be an amazing machine, very disappointing, any advice apart from  ‘avoid any DJI updates!’
Last update hour log:
[2018-09-16 06:20:43.323]set upgrader to nil because need upgrade group count is 0.
[2018-09-16 06:21:44.105]check upgrade for 0801
[2018-09-16 06:21:44.106]no device info
[2018-09-16 06:21:46.799]check upgrade for 0801
[2018-09-16 06:21:46.799]no device info
[2018-09-16 06:21:50.108]set upgrader to nil because need upgrade group count is 0.
[2018-09-16 06:21:52.800]set upgrader to nil because need upgrade group count is 0.
[2018-09-16 21:30:03.300]check upgrade for 0801
[2018-09-16 21:30:03.301]no device info
[2018-09-16 21:30:05.378]set upgrader to nil because need upgrade group count is 0.
[2018-09-16 21:30:09.305]set upgrader to nil because need upgrade group count is 0. not to do anymore DJI updates!

Update log below of last hour of attempts
2018-9-16
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-9-16 09:16
By who?  This is exactly what is recommended in the manual.  Check page 61.

LP

I see the reference. I thought the poster was plugging in Both to his PC?
The Instructions on page 61 is that the RC unit only is to be plugged in.

Personaly I would not take the risk and do them seperately.

The Updates for the Remote Controller for the Spark Via the RC connection for the last lot of updates Bricked the Spark controller as it reset the WiFi channels in some countries.

Was OK for OTG conection and Assitant 2 but failed for WiFi.

2018-9-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

bjr981s Posted at 2018-9-17 04:37
What manual are you looking at?

The quick Start Guides for the Zoom and Pro don't go to page 61.

I would agree with you, I have always updated devices individually without any problems.

I think the above reference is to the Mavic Pro manual page 61 (Not the Mavic 2 series) where it does indeed state they can be done simultaneously. I've not tested this, but DJI have been known to get things wrong on occasions.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2018-9-17
Use props
Michael Allen
New

Launched my mavic pro after the upgrade, a few days later another upgrade? I was out of the country, no wifi, very remote island. When I launched my mavic pro, it launched as the mavic 2. After climbing to 15 feet, it disconnected. My drone was stuck in the air at 15 feet, no way to control it. It did come down to 6 feet, but would not land. It's stuck in mid air, no way to stop it. I remembered how easy the battery will disconnect, and I know how dangerous the propellers are. I was able to carefully release the battery clips and the drone turned off thankfully! Why would DJI allow this flaw in the software? This really is a serious problem.
2018-9-17
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-17 04:53
I would agree with you, I have always updated devices individually without any problems.

I think the above reference is to the Mavic Pro manual page 61 (Not the Mavic 2 series) where it does indeed state they can be done simultaneously. I've not tested this, but DJI have been known to get things wrong on occasions.

Yes, I was referencing the Mavic Pro manual.  This is a Mavic Pro thread, not an MP2 thread, right?  I and MANY others have always upgraded both simultaneously.  This is not about the possibility that DJI got that wrong. It has always worked flawlessly until this last refurb I got from DJI.  In fact, my other Mavic still updates fine that way.

LP
2018-9-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-9-17 18:03
Yes, I was referencing the Mavic Pro manual.  This is a Mavic Pro thread, not an MP2 thread, right?  I and MANY others have always upgraded both simultaneously.  This is not about the possibility that DJI got that wrong. It has always worked flawlessly until this last refurb I got from DJI.  In fact, my other Mavic still updates fine that way.

LP

"In fact, my other Mavic still updates fine that way."

So you have one Mavic Pro that updates simultaneously with RC and another that doesn't ?
2018-9-18
Use props
Passi95
lvl.1

Hi, I got always the error: 0x020104. Now also with the new firmware. My drone delivers no picture anymore. I am really disappointed.
2018-9-18
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-18 03:05
"In fact, my other Mavic still updates fine that way."

So you have one Mavic Pro that updates simultaneously with RC and another that doesn't ?

Exactly.   Same PC, same instance of DJI Assistant, etc.   Plug the first RC in, boot its paired MP, attempt to update = failure at 44%.   Plug the second RC in, boot its paired MP, update succeeds.   Every time.

LP
2018-9-19
Use props
Jollibee86
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-13 03:55
Sorry about this. For this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit on for diagnosis. Please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index The designated team will take care once the package arrived.

Can you please check the logs that I uploaded through DJI Assistant? My email is f.daniel.angeles@gmail.com. I don't want to spend money for software issues I did not cause. My drone has never been crashed and been working flawlessly for the past year until this required update. I never modified the drone in anyway.
2018-9-20
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

I seriously think DJI needs to have separate apps for products, different firmware as well. The more products added to FW and GO4 the worse it gets. This since the Phantoms we used in our co.

There is more to these updates than what they suggest. New NFZ's, new modes, other things show up after these updates. They don't indicate much of what they are for or what content is in them. App forces you to update FW basically or the Red Update Required thing never goes away.

DJI, we pay thousands of dollars for these products, and you can do better than this.
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jollibee86 Posted at 2018-9-20 11:01
Can you please check the logs that I uploaded through DJI Assistant? My email is . I don't want to spend money for software issues I did not cause. My drone has never been crashed and been working flawlessly for the past year until this required update. I never modified the drone in anyway.

I understand your situation and very sorry about the inconvenience. As mentioned above, I'm afraid that it is not the software issue as you have tried the beta, therefore, I suggest you sending the unit in for diagnosis. The designated team will offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment. Hope for your understanding.
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-9-20 14:15
I seriously think DJI needs to have separate apps for products, different firmware as well. The more products added to FW and GO4 the worse it gets. This since the Phantoms we used in our co.

There is more to these updates than what they suggest. New NFZ's, new modes, other things show up after these updates. They don't indicate much of what they are for or what content is in them. App forces you to update FW basically or the Red Update Required thing never goes away.

Hi Mike, may I know what trouble do you encounter with the current APP version? I'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-9-20
Use props
Coucou1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7303 ft

Hello
I have Mavic Pro. Since a few weeks, I have more screen return. The screen of my smartphone shows everything except the image return. By cons, if I film or photograph when I ask to review what I took with the little arrow down, it is displayed without problems on the same smartphone.

I have already tried many things: changed cable, reinstalled Dji GO ... etc ..

If you have a track ... Thanks in advance
2018-9-23
Use props
Colinrootz
New
Jamaica

Hello,

I own a Mavic Pro.

When is there going to be a software/firmware update that allows you to disable the RC charging your Android device?  How has this been a problem for so long and discussed so much and it has still gone unaddressed by DJI?
2018-9-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info (a bit late from my side)
2018-9-27
Use props
Coucou1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7303 ft

Hello

I have Mavic Pro. Since a few weeks, i have not screen return. The screen of my smartphone shows everything except the image return. By cons, if I film or photograph when I ask to review what I took with the little arrow down, it is displayed without problems on the same smartphone.

It works well with the Samsung smartphone of a friend but gives black with my Huawei P8 while everything was displayed perfectly before

I have already tried many things: changed cable, reinstalled Dji GO ... etc ..

If you have a track ? Thanks in advance
2018-9-27
Use props
Roiko
New
Flight distance : 104396 ft
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-11 01:36
Hi Roiko, just to verify, is there any error message when the connection lost? Does the issue appear frequently? I'm afraid that it is hard to tell the exact status from your description, you may change to another open field and adjust the antennas to see whether it helps.

Hi Susan,

It just happened once, I have done a pair of flights with it after that and everything has working fine...
There was not error message at the moment of losing the connection. Checking back the telemetry, it just shows a 'blank' during 3m27s. The drone has hovering exactly at the same location...
I still don´t know what could have caused the loseness of the connection, but what is more important, why it didn´t come back home....
2018-9-29
Use props
Roiko
New
Flight distance : 104396 ft
Spain

ColoradoBob Posted at 2018-9-13 18:54
That exact situation happened to me this weekend after updating to the latest FW... I was flying my second battery in a desert location, I was at 400 ft max altitude 1100 meters out and I got the Application disconnect notice on my Crystal Sky DJI GO screen. It was the very first App Disconnect I have ever experienced. Was a little rusty on PANIC but reasoned it out and restarted the APP on the CS. The AC immediately reconnected and I flew her home. I had the Video recording at the time of the disconnect and it showed the bird just coming to a stop and holding position until I reconnected 30-40 seconds later... Once I reconnected I didn't have any more issues that day... I checked my settings and on LOS it was supposed to RTH, but it didn't! Maybe I reconnected before the time out to initiate RTH... I've had this bird out 3300 meters (2 full miles +) and never had issues before... I did get some darn good shots though.
[view_image]

It look s exactly the same issue I faced... still don´t know why it didn´t RTH.
Nice pic !
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Roiko Posted at 2018-9-29 04:57
Hi Susan,

It just happened once, I have done a pair of flights with it after that and everything has working fine...

That's all right. It is recommended to do a fully pre-flight checklist every time. If the issue appears again, you may upload the issue video and corresponding flight data in the aircraft, we'd like to check the exact status.
2018-9-30
Use props
jack9520
lvl.1

Turkey

Nice released!
2018-9-30
Use props
Trikke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2513406 ft
  • >>>