Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

I realize that the majority of us are here to get help with problems we are having with our products.  Nothing but respect to all posting here. I'm no stranger to being here out of frustration (I've personally posted dozens and dozens of times regarding problems I have had with my Phantoms over the years).

But once in a while we also need to say "Good Job" when we see something done well.  So I am here to say exactly that about the Ronin-S.

I think this is an incredible piece of hardware.  
I owned the Zhiyun Crane 2, but got rid of it when I saw the Ronin-S.  This is a decision that I don't regret.  Everything about the operation of the Ronin-S is superior to the Zhiyun and shows a lot of care that the engineers of DJI put into this product.  Yes, there will be growing pains for such a technology, but DJI has hit it out of the park with the Ronin-S.  

Features & accessories wise, we all know that DJI got the Ronin-S to market before the eco-system was ready, but I bought anyway because I know the goodies are coming.  In the meantime, since I am lucky enough to have a Panasonic GH5s, I already get a taste of how the Ronin-S is meant to operate.  It's really incredible.  Those of you with major brand cameras which are not yet supported, you will have a pleasant surprise once the firmware rolls out for you.

There are some well-documented controvertial choices made by DJI (like the batteries built into the grip and needing to charge with the gimbal attached, and the not-quite Manfrotto sized mounting plate) that are a bit of a head-scratcher, but this stuff is just noise and doesn't get in the way of how the Ronin-s operates.  The motors are strong and silent, the motion is smooth and predictable,
the app allows you to dial in nuances for your particular type of work or desired result, and the manufacturing tolerances are world-class.  This thing is beautifully produced and feels like a robust piece of hardware in your hands. It provides extremely professional results.

Anyway, I just wanted to give DJI a nod for the Ronin-S.  It is going to make a massive difference for my small company, and it will for your company too.  Thanks DJI.

2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mabou2, thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with Ronin-S, which gives us motivation to keep going, it means a lot. We will also transfer your kind words to our engineers to keep up the great works, thanks again.
2018-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules