DJI Spark OTG + iPhone 8 Plus
1652 6 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparkTiger
New

United States

Hi everyone!

I bought my new DJI Spark two days ago and expect to get the drone tomorrow. Now I have a question pertaining the connection of the phone to the remote controller via OTG.

I am using an iPhone 8Plus, DJI Go 4 App (Version 4.3.0) and the remote controller to control the DJI Spark.
So far I haven't made any experience with flying the Spark and/ or connection problems.

But since I've read a lot regarding using an OTG cable to connect the phone to the RC I wonder if it makes sense to get an OTG cable before I start flying the drone.

Is it officially supported by DJI to connect the phone via OTG? Is it supported in the newest app version (4.3.0)?
Which cable to use for the onnection - the official DJI OTG cable (MAVIC OTG Cable)?
If the OTG connection will work - will it only bring advantages or could it also bring some disadvantages with it?

Thank you in advance for your support!

Best,

SparkTiger
2018-9-3
Use props
Greg Glasson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

I've been using an iphone 8 plus with a Spark for the last 8 months without OTG and haven't felt like I needed one
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this topic to us. As of the moment, the supported device that you can use with the OTG cable is Android devices. It's not yet fully compatible with iOS. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I’m using OTG with iOS on my iPad air2 and it works perfectly, much better than wifi, with WiFi I had disconnects and with OTG 0 disconnects.
In my opinion for ad air2 anyway it’s best to use OTG.

Fly safely.
Alex.
2018-9-5
Use props
Harry Moman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 311240 ft
Australia

only gain with otg is if you have connection issues from rc to phone ... sometimes you might need to turn wifi on and off to get rc to connect...  other than that cable gets in the way , i use otg 50% of the time ...

i like change thats only reason...
2018-9-5
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I have the same setup, but don't use the OTG...  Reading the replies
2018-9-5
Use props
fans0294ffdb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122185 ft
United States

Do not waste your money. I have been using mine without the OTG cable. I tried one that was recommend by all kinds of people never worked all the time. Returned it to Amazon.
2018-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules