Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic lost and switch from USA to China
12Next >
3432 56 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juniorslaton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 503517 ft

I had a Mavic pro and updated when new firmware came up
Was flying on 9/1 and recorded home point and flew straight up   Had 100% on battery and controller had gps also got up in air and first error message comes up gimbal overheating so let off throttle error message goes away this occurred twice so I say to myself need to bring it home so I hit return to home and battery is at 80% as it getting closer battery drops from that to 14% then to 8% well I get it where I should of seen it as plain sight but my drone seams to have a mind of it own and start to fly away from me that is when my app maps switch from USA  to China map well long story short now can’t find it and find my drone is putting me somewhere in a non existent place please advise on what can be done about this.
2018-9-3
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Post your flight log and folks here might be able to help you. Link on how to do that is here.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for  the inconvenience. I would suggest you contact our support team to start up a case: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav).  We have the professional data analysis team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. You can provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your support.
2018-9-8
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Sorry to read that. I know how you feel.
I also lost my first spark
I hope that either you find it or DJI helps you out with a new one,if it was software or hardware failure.

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-8
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-8 06:24
Sorry to read that. I know how you feel.
I also lost my first spark
I hope that either you find it or DJI helps you out with a new one,if it was software or hardware failure.

Thanks but I’m getting a runaround from dji I uploaded my flight log and they are acting like they didn’t get it
2018-9-8
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

Juniorslaton Posted at 2018-9-8 18:12
Thanks but I’m getting a runaround from dji I uploaded my flight log and they are acting like they didn’t get it

Just upload it again. Don’t worry if it was hardware or software failure and not pilot error, then DJI should give you a new one.
2018-9-8
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

Post your flight log and folks here might be able to help you. Link on how to do that is in post number 2.

Fly safely ppl
Alex
2018-9-9
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27438 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where do you live? what part of the world or USA. Are you close to China?   
2018-9-9
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2

I live in Florida
2018-9-9
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Here we are and 7 days later you still won't post the flight record. Why bother posting in the first place if you don't really want help?  Second, if you are running into strange sensor issues, NEVER use RTH.  That's one surefire way to lose or destroy the drone.  
2018-9-10
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2

I’ve uploaded it three times now I don’t understand why it ain’t on here.
2018-9-10
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27438 ft
  • >>>
United States

You know that Drones can be hacked. Go to the internet and serch Drone Hacking.  Serch Youtube. Good luck my frined
2018-9-11
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

You did follow the upload instructions on this page didn't you??

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-9-11
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2

Yeah after fighting with dji they said that it was modified and they won’t help I’ll tell you this I use Apple iPhone X and I wouldn’t be able to hack their system so if I’m using them why would I be able to hack the aircraft???? But dji can go take a flying leap , freaking commies
2018-10-14
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Juniorslaton Posted at 2018-10-14 01:39
Yeah after fighting with dji they said that it was modified and they won’t help I’ll tell you this I use Apple iPhone X and I wouldn’t be able to hack their system so if I’m using them why would I be able to hack the aircraft???? But dji can go take a flying leap , freaking commies

So you did the map mod? or something with NLD? It's ok there are many here that have.
2018-10-14
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Juniorslaton Posted at 2018-10-14 01:39

JUNIOR

Post 13...... Highlight the URL and POST it here!!

We need to SEE your Flight Log.   No more messing around.....POST your flight log

Randy
2018-10-14
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-10-14 16:39
JUNIOR

Post 13...... Highlight the URL and POST it here!!

Hey I’ve tried everything and it won’t let me upload it I don’t understand why
2018-10-14
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Juniorslaton Posted at 2018-10-14 18:01
Hey I’ve tried everything and it won’t let me upload it I don’t understand why

Highlight the url....then click the "add link "   and paste.....try that.....

Randy
2018-10-14
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0sSZ1780g2rGwTLz4ejAGnddA
2018-10-14
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2

Juniorslaton Posted at 2018-10-14 18:30
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0sSZ1780g2rGwTLz4ejAGnddA

That’s the video it won’t let me upload the fight data
2018-10-14
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2

Juniorslaton Posted at 2018-10-14 18:31
That’s the video it won’t let me upload the fight data

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RKYPND6BMVRFM3Q17SFT/#
2018-10-15
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-10-14 18:07
Highlight the url....then click the "add link "   and paste.....try that.....

Randy

2018-10-15
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Juniorslaton Posted at 2018-10-15 02:48

Not quite sure where that flight record came from but that's in Ukraine not Florida.
2018-10-15
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>

All I have is....WOW

Didn't see that coming.......  When you got down to 30% battery,  why didn't you just fly the bird home?  That record does not show 14% the 8%.......it stops at 30%....and it appears you were at full forward most if not all of this flight.  RTH will not work if you are flying the sticks.

At 8min 13sec you were right in front of your home point 435ft out.....you CAN see the bird and hear it that close......but you never let off full forward.....you stayed on full forward right till it disappeared.....
2018-10-15
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-10-15 11:08
All I have is....WOW

Didn't see that coming.......  When you got down to 30% battery,  why didn't you just fly the bird home?  That record does not show 14% the 8%.......it stops at 30%....and it appears you were at full forward most if not all of this flight.  RTH will not work if you are flying the sticks.

That’s not correct I didn’t leave my home point at all and you don’t have to believe me I’m telling you that I was coming down not full throttle but hey you can only say what you see. But I’m telling ya that it went haywire. And the map. Was not Florida so instead of saying that I made a mistake why not say what in the heck happened
2018-10-15
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>

Junior,  easy there..... I didn't say "FULL THROTTLE"  I said FULL FORWARD........as in if you look at the right stick movement, as well as your speed......you never let off going FULL forward....if you had,  the bird would have simply stopped.

Where were you flying on Sept 1st?  Is it possible the transmitter right stick spring broke, and the transmitter was stuck in FULL Forward??

Again, in the flight record there is NO 18% battery, or 8% battery........at the end of the flight record it was showing 30%........ Are you saying the flight record doesn't match your screen view?

Randy

2018-10-15
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-10-15 18:51
Junior,  easy there..... I didn't say "FULL THROTTLE"  I said FULL FORWARD........as in if you look at the right stick movement, as well as your speed......you never let off going FULL forward....if you had,  the bird would have simply stopped.

Where were you flying on Sept 1st?  Is it possible the transmitter right stick spring broke, and the transmitter was stuck in FULL Forward??

Yeah I guess that’s what I’m saying. I’m sorry but when everyone is out to blame you it makes you kind of on the defense side. All I’m saying is on my iPhone it went 30 to 18 to 0 battery and during that time I had a picture on my iPhone of a map what looked to be china. I had my craft in eyesight at one time while it was coming down then it decided to take off on it’s own. Now I did not at any time leave my home point. I was at my home in Milton Florida.
And I found it after 3 days thanks to Apple and not dji.
While I was trying to use there find my drone it kept putting me on top of a home well it wasn’t. But I am ineed of some help please
2018-10-15
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2
United States

All I have is....WOW

Well you all say post the flight log and not one of you have helped or offer any suggestions all I have gotten is a good laugh at me so where is the help
2018-10-17
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2
United States

All I have is....WOW

Well you all say post the flight log and not one of you have helped or offer any suggestions all I have gotten is a good laugh at me so where is the help
2018-10-17
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4

Well, I don't think that anyone has been laughing at you.  What you are describing is something that I don't think that anyone has seen before.  It took over a month to get a copy of your flight log posted even though there were numerous request for it with instructions on how to do it.  When we got the log, it was for a totally different continent than where you launched from.  Again, something that we've never seen before.  You stated that your battery dropped to 8%.  Again, something that isn't reflected in your log.  Something else that we've never seen before.  Your log shows 3 high wind and 1 battery at 49%, with a RTH recommendation at 5 min 23 sec.  You stated that you hit RTH, but no indication on the log.  

No one is laughing.  Everyone is confused by what you are reporting.  When you look at the flight record on your device, does it look like what you posted (Route, path, area...) or does it look like what/where you flew that day?? (Florida)  Is the shape of your route the same as what  you flew that day?  
2018-10-18
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

"You stated that you hit RTH, but no indication on the log."

I mentioned that earlier...... Junior,  RTH will not work when the stick/s are in motion or moved from center.  Thanks Brad,  I also don't believe anyone is laughing......just a very different situation.

Junior, contact DJI support and start a case....... get your bird checked out!!  Is there a local Authorized Dealer near you??

Randy
2018-10-18
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4

Is there ANY possibility that the link to the Flight Record on PhantomHelp.com  had a transposed or incorrect record ID?  I assume that you cut and pasted and not hand typed it in?  I mean, that would explain the wrong Continent if there was an incorrect code.  I'm wondering like I stated before, does your flight record on your device look anything like your flight record that you posted?  The link looks almost like it's a link to someone else's flight.  
2018-10-18
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4

One other tiny little question.  In your initial post, you stated that you... "Was flying on 9/1 and recorded home point and flew straight up."  I've looked at your logs.  I've asked questions.  I want to help.  But we really haven't gotten any additional information from you.  So I went back this morning and looked again.  The log links that you posted to Phantomhelp.  I've looked at your flight as shown.  I've downloaded the csv file, the log file and the kmz file.  I've look through them.  I've loaded them into google earth and looked at the kmz file.  Then I noticed something.  Any reason that all the names of those files are all showing a creation  date of 2018-05-26 and not 2018-09-01 like they should?

2018-10-19
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Junior,

Brad may be on to something........ Did you buy your Mavic Pro used?

Can you double check the Flightlogs and be sure to upload the one from 9/1........BUT your date might be incorrect in your system, so please check your date and time.

Truly we are trying to help......there are others watching, but before commenting, we need some clearer information.

Thank you for your patience!

Randy
2018-10-19
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Well now, this thread just got really interesting!!  You still there Junior?
2018-10-19
Use props
gobama84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7608 ft
United States

Following with interest.
2018-10-19
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-10-19 09:38
Junior,

Brad may be on to something........ Did you buy your Mavic Pro used?

As he has Mavic logo under his name I think it's not used.
About the date Dji might say it's modded because of wrong date.
Changing date is used to get older maps to work in some cases.
2018-10-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Or could it be spoofing the GPS as right beside Naval base in Florida, though I don't imagine that would cause too many problems as it's a good distance away.

Best thing would be to send in aircraft as it was found, the onboard data will tell DJI if something failed or not.
2018-10-19
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

Juniorslaton Posted at 2018-10-17 23:01
Well you all say post the flight log and not one of you have helped or offer any suggestions all I have gotten is a good laugh at me so where is the help

The record you posted doesn't match the flight you described in your earliest posts; it shows a flight in Ukraine instead of Florida. Either you uploaded the wrong record, provided an incorrect link, or you just aren't being honest with us.
2018-10-19
Use props
Juniorslaton
lvl.2
United States

Hey all I’m am sorry for not responding as fast as you all like I am a supervisor for roofing in Florida panhandle as you all know we got hit with a hurricane so ....

Ok I am not lying about what happened I have no intention or benifit  to gain from that. Ok. So I’ve already been told by dji that I’m screwed so it doesn’t matter I learnt a valuable lesson don’t by from a communist country now all of this stuff about spoofing or modifying the drone, ok I did try to use no limits dronze but since I use a iPhone and I pad I couldn’t get it to work.  Cause it seem like everywhere I went I was in a nfz.
So what I posted as my flight log is true now I’m out of $1200 due to the os system was hackable unlike iOS so tell me what I did wrong
Also why all of this secrecy? Any one like to talk to me I have no problem giving my phone number or my true email so that it will be easier to communicate
2018-10-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules