Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
controller charging android phone...
12Next >
32585 55 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bertolazi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39820 ft
Ireland

Hi there,
just bought the new mavic 2 pro, every time i connect my android phone the remote control starts charging my phone, draining the RC battery very quick
owned a phantom for some time and never happened.
After watching a video on youtube about it the youtuber was showing the controller settings on the dji app and there was an option saying CHARGING MODE which stops the phone getting charged from the controller, tried to do the same on my dji app 4.3.0 latest version but that option is not there, i wonder it's because is android app?any one else
having that problem,because i know that was a current issue with the old mavic pro. If any one could help on this issue i would be grateful
Thanks

attached are two screenshots one of the youtuber showing his controller settings, and one of my android dji go4 app showing my RC settings. which is missing the (charging mode) button to stop the phone charging from the controller.

youtuber RC options

youtuber RC options

my RC options

my RC options

2018-9-3
Use props
Bertolazi
lvl.1
Ireland

here is the link for the video.
2018-9-3
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

Yes.. because Android. You can only turn it on/off on Apple devices.
2018-9-3
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft

My phone gives me option to charge from RC, charge RC from phone or neither. Is that manufacturer specific and not in vanilla Android?
2018-9-3
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

How difficult would that be to just add that feature on all devices, and for all the drones, like MA. Seriously DJI, how difficult? Do you even know how many people you would impress if you do, and how many people are presently irritated with you, because you don,t.....
2018-9-3
Use props
Bertolazi
lvl.1

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-3 22:32
How difficult would that be to just add that feature on all devices, and for all the drones, like MA. Seriously DJI, how difficult? Do you even know how many people you would impress if you do, and how many people are presently irritated with you, because you don,t.....

I agree
Android users are being discrimianted in my view,why not getting the same seetings for everyone
not happy DJI
2018-9-4
Use props
Bertolazi
lvl.1

Squashpile Posted at 2018-9-3 20:14
Yes.. because Android. You can only turn it on/off on Apple devices.

ok thanks
not good enough DJI
2018-9-4
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

There is an option to stop charging on Android from USB devices.  I don't own one, but this has been verified by others here.

"When you first connect are you swiping down on the phone to get USB options?"  There should be an option to stop charging.

2018-9-4
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-9-4 12:08
There is an option to stop charging on Android from USB devices.  I don't own one, but this has been verified by others here.

"When you first connect are you swiping down on the phone to get USB options?"  There should be an option to stop charging.

On my Android 8.0 phone (Huawei P10 Lite) there is no such option. I have learned to live with it by just always have a fully charged phone from beginning of flying. Then the loss of battery on the RC is almost not noticeable.
2018-9-4
Use props
Bertolazi
lvl.1

FlyDK Posted at 2018-9-4 12:22
On my Android 8.0 phone (Huawei P10 Lite) there is no such option. I have learned to live with it by just always have a fully charged phone from beginning of flying. Then the loss of battery on the RC is almost not noticeable.

yes i don't have that option either on my huawei p20 e get a pop up window for usb but when try to change from charge only to transfer files or tranfer photos won't let me change.
but that's very good advice making sue my phone is fully charged before flight that makes sense,will try it next time and as long i can fly my thrre batteries it should be fine.
thanks for that buddy
2018-9-4
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Bertolazi Posted at 2018-9-4 13:01
yes i don't have that option either on my huawei p20 e get a pop up window for usb but when try to change from charge only to transfer files or tranfer photos won't let me change.
but that's very good advice making sue my phone is fully charged before flight that makes sense,will try it next time and as long i can fly my thrre batteries it should be fine.
thanks for that buddy

You're welcome.
Now, I don't have the new M2, but I have the "old" MP, and when I use three AC bats down to 20-25 percent left, I always finish with approx 40-45 percent juice left on the RC - IF I remember to fully charge my phone before flying.
2018-9-4
Use props
Chpouky
lvl.3

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-9-4 12:08
There is an option to stop charging on Android from USB devices.  I don't own one, but this has been verified by others here.

"When you first connect are you swiping down on the phone to get USB options?"  There should be an option to stop charging.

I tested that a few hours ago (Galaxy S8), but it didn't work.
The phone automatically switches back to Charging Mode :/
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're very sorry for the inconvenience caused. We totally understand where you coming from. Regarding this concern, I will forward this to our research and development team for further clarification. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bertolazi Posted at 2018-9-4 11:18
I agree
Android users are being discrimianted in my view,why not getting the same seetings for everyone
not happy DJI

Hi. We don't want to feel you that way. I already forwarded this concern to our R&D department. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-9-6
Use props
B-Boy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187172 ft

Hello ! Is there any update on this subject?
Is it possible now to avoid charging android device by pluging it to RC?
Thanks
2019-9-13
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324521 ft

B-Boy Posted at 9-13 05:54
Hello ! Is there any update on this subject?
Is it possible now to avoid charging android device by pluging it to RC?
Thanks

No, it is not possible. I use three different phones (Sam Gal s9+, Huawei Mate  3 8", and rarely Sam Gal S5. USB turns back to USB charging mode. Best way to fully charge your phone before flying. Dji will never make it possible (or can not?) make it possibile to turn off USB charging.
2019-9-13
Use props
djiuser_b1bNLosQQu1T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142159 ft
United Kingdom

kovat53 Posted at 9-13 09:06
No, it is not possible. I use three different phones (Sam Gal s9+, Huawei Mate  3 8", and rarely Sam Gal S5. USB turns back to USB charging mode. Best way to fully charge your phone before flying. Dji will never make it possible (or can not?) make it possibile to turn off USB charging.

#DJI i just bought one of your drones and i cannot switch off these charging option. Im using s10plus as display and im loosing my remote battery very quick because of that. I can see your ignorance on that matter and im not happy with the fact how unprofessional you are.

Is there any update on this? As im considering to handle this drone back due false advertising. (I though you can switch off this option either on both systems not just IOS, you never mentioned that only Apple crap is supported).
2019-11-22
Use props
djiuser_b1bNLosQQu1T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142159 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-6 07:57
Hi. We don't want to feel you that way. I already forwarded this concern to our R&D department. Thanks for your understanding and support.

#DJI i just bought one of your drones and i cannot switch off these charging option. Im using s10plus as display and im loosing my remote battery very quick because of that. I can see your ignorance on that matter and im not happy with the fact how unprofessional you are.

Is there any update on this? As im considering to handle this drone back due false advertising. (I though you can switch off this option either on both systems not just IOS, you never mentioned that only Apple crap is supported).
2019-11-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_b1bNLosQQu1T Posted at 11-22 22:30
#DJI i just bought one of your drones and i cannot switch off these charging option. Im using s10plus as display and im loosing my remote battery very quick because of that. I can see your ignorance on that matter and im not happy with the fact how unprofessional you are.

Is there any update on this? As im considering to handle this drone back due false advertising. (I though you can switch off this option either on both systems not just IOS, you never mentioned that only Apple crap is supported).

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. May we know which drone do you use, please?
2019-11-25
Use props
Johnny C!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

I found a "fast charging" option on my S8 that I
can turn off. I suppose it charges slower?

Settings, Device Care, Battery Icon lower left,
3 dots upper right, Hit the "Settings" pop up,
Fast Cable Charging is at the bottom.

I try to keep it tuned off all the time.
It should limit the charge rate from the
RC, and I think it should increase my
battery life from the reduced charge
rate from daily charging.

But I don't see why someone can't make
a cable with one leg of the charge conductors
disabled or not connected in the cable.

John

2019-11-30
Use props
Kayhan Coskun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63497 ft
Netherlands

I'm new here I just bought the mavic mini having the same problem on a note 9 and a oneplus 3t, this is very concerning regarding the controller being drained... Please dji this is a problem
2019-12-3
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36962 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-6 07:57

funny how that response above was done 09/2018.

yes, we do feel that exact way as nothing was done about this issue, at all, and it continues to be same way with #DJI ignoring the problem, who knows why.
2019-12-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kayhan Coskun Posted at 12-3 12:15
I'm new here I just bought the mavic mini having the same problem on a note 9 and a oneplus 3t, this is very concerning regarding the controller being drained... Please dji this is a problem

Hi Kayhan, when using an Android mobile device with the remote controller, the remote controller will charge the mobile device. When using an iOS device with the remote controller, the remote controller will not charge the mobile device.
2019-12-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Paul Atkin Posted at 12-3 13:08
funny how that response above was done 09/2018.

yes, we do feel that exact way as nothing was done about this issue, at all, and it continues to be same way with #DJI ignoring the problem, who knows why.

Hi Paul, sorry for the inconvenience, may we know which drone do you use, please?
2019-12-4
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-4 20:28
Hi Paul, sorry for the inconvenience, may we know which drone do you use, please?

i use mavic 2 zoom, mavic 2 pro, mavic mini, sold phantom 3 model i also had.

in all remotes you have, on all drones i had, the connection to any android device produces a battery charge leak from the remote battery - as the android phone changes into the charging mode and remains in the charging mode draining battery in the dji remote control. it is exactly the same topic people complain now for 2 years.
2019-12-5
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-4 20:23
Hi Kayhan, when using an Android mobile device with the remote controller, the remote controller will charge the mobile device. When using an iOS device with the remote controller, the remote controller will not charge the mobile device.

it is unacceptable just to state 'when using an Android mobile device with the remote controller, the remote controller will charge'. it can be fixed in the remote controller code.
2019-12-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Paul Atkin Posted at 12-5 10:36
it is unacceptable just to state 'when using an Android mobile device with the remote controller, the remote controller will charge'. it can be fixed in the remote controller code.

Yes, when using an Android mobile device with the remote controller, the remote controller will charge the mobile device. We'll forward your request to the related team.
2019-12-9
Use props
CBR954RR
lvl.2
United States

This is just a quick thought.  Would it be possible to accomplish what you want by using a modified USB cable?  Meaning, have the cable with the Data + and Data - pins active but disconnect the Vcc and Grd pins.  In theory, this would allow the data to flow between two self powered devices but because the power pins are left out of the loop, no charging should occur.  
2019-12-9
Use props
Paul Atkin
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-9 03:04
Yes, when using an Android mobile device with the remote controller, the remote controller will charge the mobile device. We'll forward your request to the related team.

thank you.

is it also possible to get a confirmation that a request repeated several times in the .300 firmware release notes thread was communicated to developers? -

>dont need the mini to stitch the images for me, that is much better done with other software, but the
> automated sequence would be great to do it as fast as possible

a request was to add a panorama shooting sequence similar to a 'super resolution' mode of mavic 2 zoom, where it takes a 3x3 set of shots. it is not anything difficult or exotic to have, but absence of this feature in combination with outdated 12mp sensor creates a severe limitation to deal with.
2019-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Paul Atkin Posted at 12-10 08:37
thank you.

is it also possible to get a confirmation that a request repeated several times in the .300 firmware release notes thread was communicated to developers? -

You are welcome. We'll forward your suggestion to the related team.
2019-12-11
Use props
MikeMerci
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43953 ft
Austria

Now it is 2020 and the remote controller still is sucked empty by the Android phone (S9+). There have been updates, but this important feature still does not work. And this is hazardous. The reason is, that you should keep control of the drone with the controler and not a fuilly charged mobile phone. Apple iOS useras always (3 years) have been preferred by DJI. This is realy sad, very sad.
2020-1-1
Use props
mvitito
New
United States

This is my 4th dji product, Today was the day I take it out of the box and find this completly unacceptable issue. I am an IT director and if I let something like this go for this long I would not have a job. In any industry if have a known issue and you do not correct it you will lose business and you job. FIX THIS
I would also like to say to the users of Apple, posting it does not do this on my phone is an idiotic statement. We are glad that your phone does not have an issue but posting that does not add anything of value to the thread. Thats like saying to your buddy after he says his car is broke down that yours runs fine. STUPID
2020-1-7
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

yes, they should solve this, but till then maybe this could work for someone, since chargers are widely available and used>
2020-1-7
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827487 ft
Ecuador

Does using the other usb output (the large one at the bottom of the remote) help at all, or is it the same result regardless of which port the cable is connected to?

I use a crystal sky to fly with so this isn't an issue for me as the crystal sky has it's own massive battery and doesn't charge over usb. Both my remote and the crystal sky will last seemingly forever, I'm guessing it's something like 10 flights before I recharge but I've never actually counted.

Not that you would want to invest in a crystal sky just for this reason, but I have to say that I love having a dedicated drone tablet with a big fat battery and bright screen visible on the sunniest of days...

2020-1-7
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

Just to chime in a little here. The reason there is a difference between IOS and Android is that DJI is designed for Apple products as much as it hurts me to type those words. I hate Apple with a passion. That being said Apple is very strict about their third party developers and keep a very close eye on the apps. That being said they also give their trusted developers a little more wiggle room. How is that different than Android. Well, Android is what they call open source. Meaning Jim Bob down the street can write apps for Android and as long as they are not malicious apps they can post them on the play store. Google takes extra precautions to protect the core of it's rom. Sensitive files need what you call root access to change. This is where the problem lies. To disable charging on an Android phone you need root access. It's not DJI's fault. It's not Androids fault. If you want the ability to stop charging Android phones while connected to the RC then you will have to root your phone/device and install an app to allow you to do so. I take no responsibility for what yall do with your stuff. As for me, I root my Androids on day one. Heres more info.

https://www.gearbest.com/blog/ho ... android-phones-9281
2020-1-13
Use props
djiuser_v0qcjRQQrcbK
lvl.1
Sweden

Cut usb cable open. Inside is 3  different colors. Cut black. Charge cable.. And there you go. Does nit charge no  more. Works perfect. When u connect cable to phone..it can beep. Just open dji app and it stops.
2020-2-5
Use props
djiuser_v0qcjRQQrcbK
lvl.1
Sweden

So if DJI could make a cable without that black inside. That would be perfect.
2020-2-5
Use props
djiuser_v0qcjRQQrcbK
lvl.1
Sweden

Tip. Xbuy aextra new cable in  astore. And try on that. I dident cut the dji cable.
2020-2-5
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Watchman News Posted at 1-13 10:16
Just to chime in a little here. The reason there is a difference between IOS and Android is that DJI is designed for Apple products as much as it hurts me to type those words. I hate Apple with a passion. That being said Apple is very strict about their third party developers and keep a very close eye on the apps. That being said they also give their trusted developers a little more wiggle room. How is that different than Android. Well, Android is what they call open source. Meaning Jim Bob down the street can write apps for Android and as long as they are not malicious apps they can post them on the play store. Google takes extra precautions to protect the core of it's rom. Sensitive files need what you call root access to change. This is where the problem lies. To disable charging on an Android phone you need root access. It's not DJI's fault. It's not Androids fault. If you want the ability to stop charging Android phones while connected to the RC then you will have to root your phone/device and install an app to allow you to do so. I take no responsibility for what yall do with your stuff. As for me, I root my Androids on day one. Heres more info.

https://www.gearbest.com/blog/how-to/how-to-prevent-dji-mavic-mini-remote-controller-from-charging-android-phones-9281

Becareful of routing your phone, I rooted a phone ONCE, then several apps would no longer work, mainly banking apps, it checks the phone is NOT routed, if it is, it reports a security issue and refuses to work. Even after unrouting it stops banking apps working.

Forunately it was a Galaxy Note 1 and due for replacement.
2020-2-6
Use props
fanse4e3b2f1
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

ANDROID USER: Try to break in to your delevoper option..
Screenshot_20200306_223400_com.android.settings.jpg
Screenshot_20200306_223351_com.android.settings.jpg
2020-3-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules