Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
controller charging android phone...
32693 55 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LiNuS_
lvl.1

Portugal

I don't know why dji do this but I do know that I will never buy a dji product again. They don't deserve our respect as we don't have their!

When I bought my Mavic zoom wasn't an option to stop charging Android phone from the controller until they release the famous update for dji go 4.3.0, and the option was there on mine Huawei p9.
I could select to charge or not charge my phone and everything was working really good until the next fw update.
I'm very very stupid. Why I did it??
Now there is no more option to stop charging the phone. And I'm feeling very stupid because nobody is talking about it. You only know that there is no option for that and they are telling us that Android need to be charging to transfer data, but that it's not true, because I already saw that option and already worked with mine Huawei p9 many times before the last update I did. My controller battery now sucks and I think I can't even fly 3 battery's on my Mavic without total drain the controller.
2020-5-30
Use props
LiNuS_
lvl.1

Portugal

Now, two years after Mavic 2 release and a bunch of fw updates still no solution for this.
This is something not only related (if it's related...) to Dji Go 4 app fw, but with the controller firmware as well, because I already tried to install older versions and the famous 4.3.0 version, with charging phone feature that I saw with my own eyes and had used it many times, and that option it's missing because the remote controller fw update as well.
The only solutions that dji give us for that are, or buy a iPhone or buy the smart controller... It's unacceptable after wasting 1000€ on this ....
I'm very frustrated with that and I will not recommend dji to anybody, and I will never buy a dji product again.
2020-5-30
Use props
LiNuS_
lvl.1

Portugal

Now, two years after Mavic 2 release and a bunch of fw updates still no solution for this.
This is something not only related (if it's related...) to Dji Go 4 app fw, but with the controller firmware as well, because I already tried to install older versions and the famous 4.3.0 version, with charging phone feature that I saw with my own eyes and had used it many times, and that option it's missing because the remote controller fw update as well.
The only solutions that dji give us for that are, or buy a iPhone or buy the smart controller... It's unacceptable after wasting 1000€ on this ....
I'm very frustrated with that and I will not recommend dji to anybody, and I will never buy a dji product again.
2020-5-30
Use props
DanCernese
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32172 ft
Canada

djiuser_v0qcjRQQrcbK Posted at 2-5 13:40
Cut usb cable open. Inside is 3  different colors. Cut black. Charge cable.. And there you go. Does nit charge no  more. Works perfect. When u connect cable to phone..it can beep. Just open dji app and it stops.

Came here to report cutting a wire doesn't work with my Samsung tablet.  By the way, USB has 4 wires (+5 red/GND black/-DATA/+DATA).

I bought a set of 3 identical short USB cables from Amazon.  One I use normally, everything works (but the tablet charges off the RC).
I cut only the red wire on the second cable:  the tablet doesn't recognize a USB device and the app doesn't either.
I cut only the black wire on the third cable:  the notebook charges from the RC but the app doesn't recognize it.

So no solution for a Samsung tablet.  
I see a lot of people complaining to DJI and berating them:  this is an Android issue.  Android OS removed the ability to not charge over USB.
2020-8-9
Use props
djiuser_OEpmtKHxP6d6
New

Czechia

Hi, have you solved this issue yet?
2020-8-12
Use props
fansc3cb06ce
New
Flight distance : 1032018 ft
Argentina

Jason James Posted at 1-7 15:10
Does using the other usb output (the large one at the bottom of the remote) help at all, or is it the same result regardless of which port the cable is connected to?

I use a crystal sky to fly with so this isn't an issue for me as the crystal sky has it's own massive battery and doesn't charge over usb. Both my remote and the crystal sky will last seemingly forever, I'm guessing it's something like 10 flights before I recharge but I've never actually counted.

La realidad es que el resultado es exactamente el mismo utilizando el Usb grande o el chico lateral. Incluso probé cortando ciertos cables, pero tampoco obtuve resultado positivo
2020-9-2
Use props
giuseppe.velard
lvl.1
Italy

If, as one of the moderators in this thread said, the problem is precisely and only with the Android system, for which DJI cannot solve in any way, I wonder: why DJI has developed (or had developed) an app for the Android system knowing that this gap in the automatic recharge of the mobile phone by the remote control is not properly a little gap ?? only to sell his drones in much greater quantities than he could have sold if he had admitted that his remote controls were interfacing correctly ONLY with iOS systems ?? I say there was bad faith ...
2020-9-13
Use props
Dji-pl
lvl.1

Poland

Hi, DJI can make special cable.

This is solution:

https://youtu.be/9jVycCwmdZU
2020-10-29
Use props
djiuser_Mp5jOssrp1Bx
lvl.1

United States

I am extremely confused and upset with this. I bought my Mini 2 within a month of release, and for the first flights, and first update, I HAD the option on my Galaxy s10+. Now it's completely gone. Every thread I am looking up now says it's ONLY for iOS. I definitely had the ability to switch it on or off before later updates. It was right in the control menu. Why would they take it away?
2021-4-21
Use props
djiuser_Mp5jOssrp1Bx
lvl.1

United States

I too am experiencing this problem. The part that upsets me the most is that Android USED to have this feature. I first purchased my Dji Mini 2 a month after release. I had the option on my Galaxy s10 android device to turn on/off phone charging. An update or two later it was gone. Very unfair.
2021-4-21
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

I really do not have a problem with the charging of my Android phone. It does not seam to take much current at all. So do not worry about this. At least you know, you will not run down the battery on the phone when you are flying. That's great is it not? Se it as a safety feature.
2021-4-22
Use props
Repaid1
lvl.3
United States

I posted this in another forum but get tired of the ignorance and blaming of DJI for this issue. Hope this puts a end to the nonsense and educates people from here on out. So if your reading this then be warned, if you use Android and aren't rooted (Speculative on that) This is a Android problem and NOT a DJI exclusive issue!

As this has been going on for years (mentioned in multiple forums, first "Discovered" with the I1 and P3 series) and is a Android interface implementation issue and not a DJI problem (that they are doing or can circumvent). It is just that Android uses a data connection that must be energized, in doing that they have a charge gate that is always open. It is a design issue of ALL Android. It cannot be shut off (In stock configuration).

Apple does use "some" charge, but it is very low as compared to Android device due to device architecture and how it syncs data. From my observations, when DJI found a way to stop Apple completely from charge they inadvertently left the toggle on display in Go 4 (Now Fly App as well) even in Android version released. They subsequently removed the Android side toggle in later updates to avoid confusion. In other words when it was showing in the Apps and was toggled (Android) it didn't really work regardless of claims that it did do anything, and couldn't as it is inherent to Android's connection protocol. There is not cable modification available, those are proven false posts/reports!

So if you have Apple as I understand the latest news, DJI has pulled the toggle off the Fly App, too many people do not understand the issue as I have outlined and continue to blame DJI (As well as any other interface) IF I understand correctly, Apple devices have this system built into their devices in the iOS system, DJI just used a shortcut to that command and implemented it into their App.

Also originally you couldn't have any other device plugged into USB ports or it would lock the data connection between controller and device. DJI worked out that issue and I believe now you can indeed use two ports on the controller simultaneously. One for controller to device and the other for a charging input such as a power bank. So you have that option...but know that both ports if implemented as I described will indeed supply power to the controller. So you want to have your devices fully charged at first then said power bank would try and charge thus reducing but not eliminating the issue. One further thing, I am seeing chatter over the years posted that it is/may be possible to stop android device charge if the device is rooted, I haven't investigated that claim but would probably need to know the custom Rom command or any App that would do this. This thread shows the ignorance of the issue and how long it has been going on..The blaming of DJI is just ridiculous and unwarranted. Note: Ignorance means, lack of knowledge it is not a derogatory term... Have a good day all!

Hope this clears things up???
2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_2adjhlTsaSTB
New

Romania

DJI Natalia Posted at 2019-12-9 03:04
Yes, when using an Android mobile device with the remote controller, the remote controller will charge the mobile device. We'll forward your request to the related team.
and the problem was not solved after almost 3 years? I will return my drone to market because of this
2021-12-11
Use props
Ya Aku
lvl.2

Indonesia

2023 now... Still no solution for such important matter...?
2023-3-12
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Ya Aku Posted at 3-12 10:36
2023 now... Still no solution for such important matter...?

This works to a degree on my Mavic Pro 1 on Android
Cut the red + on the usb charging lead and fit a 100ohm resistor across the 2 red ends (in series)

Now if I fly a battery down to 55% my controller will be around 91%, now with the 100 ohm resistor in the circuit the controller was at 97%,  sort of a result, not perfect but It does work.
I have not any problems while flying, but try at your own risk.
2023-3-12
Use props
Svetlio
lvl.2

United States

I found a pretty good solution to the problem. By modifying the cable. You can see the exact description here. https://youtu.be/mDID4SvpbLU
2023-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules