Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Homeyjay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33606 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-9-13 00:53
Do you actually believe your flight records are not recorded anyway and the second you activate your drone with DJI to initiate your warranty DJI have your information - and all the information they need. Syncing a flight record makes little difference. As I said, fly responsibly and in the boundaries of the law in the first place and you'll have nothing to 'hide' eh! And as for "No one actually needs your drone to prove that you exceeded your country’s laws during flight time" - they do, in order to identify YOU!

Unfortunately, this is exectly the kind of attitude that causes us all to have out civil liberties eroded steadily. The “if you don’t have anything to hide, you won’t care if they frisk you / search your home / look through your email” is a well known preserve of those who simply don’t grasp the problem.
The issue was not one of DJI having all your registration details - they are welcome to that, but one of DJI having all your flight records and then selling them / passing them on. DJI acclaim that no data is transferred without the explicit permission of the owner but they were proven to be lying and got banned from selling product to the US armed services.

Your drone can be identified from your records that you submit to them. Without this information and without actually having the drone in their hands, all they have is your registration details.

Using tools like DJI Aeroscope, they can even tell exactly which drone is flying a particular area and identify its home point location and it’s serial number etc. Look it up.
2018-9-14
Use props
Homeyjay
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maxi3D Posted at 2018-9-13 06:24
Yeah, but we have this little document that stated: The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution provides that "[t]he right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation,

Oh yeah, that would be the warrant Facebook had to sell all our data to Cambridge Analytica..
2018-9-14
Use props
jasoncopter
lvl.1
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2018-9-13 06:24
Yeah, but we have this little document that stated: The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution provides that "[t]he right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation,

>secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,

DJI servers would not constitute your person, your house, your papers, or your effects.
2018-9-14
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-3 22:58
It is all on the Ipad or screen device. You don't need the data updated at DJI why would you.

Look under 'me' at the front screen of the dji 4 app.

It's true but if you don't upload to dji cloud you can't use very interesting application as drone logbook or other
2018-9-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Homeyjay Posted at 2018-9-14 02:09
Unfortunately, this is exectly the kind of attitude that causes us all to have out civil liberties eroded steadily. The “if you don’t have anything to hide, you won’t care if they frisk you / search your home / look through your email” is a well known preserve of those who simply don’t grasp the problem.
The issue was not one of DJI having all your registration details - they are welcome to that, but one of DJI having all your flight records and then selling them / passing them on. DJI acclaim that no data is transferred without the explicit permission of the owner but they were proven to be lying and got banned from selling product to the US armed services.

Little OTT me thinks... this is stats of a drone flight not a house raid LOL
2018-9-14
Use props
Homeyjay
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-9-14 06:49
Little OTT me thinks... this is stats of a drone flight not a house raid LOL

Yeah, you do have a point!
Still, its a question of priorities. I don't see why anyone should poke their nose into my business without my explicit permission but that probably just me. YMMV!
2018-9-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Homeyjay Posted at 2018-9-15 00:40
Yeah, you do have a point!
Still, its a question of priorities. I don't see why anyone should poke their nose into my business without my explicit permission but that probably just me. YMMV!

I agree nobody has the right to do that - personal data should and must be protected.
2018-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules