4143 50 2018-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
photoholic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45581 ft
Switzerland

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-6 00:26
Ahhhh hello I started with Samsungs from S5 all the way up to S8 and nothing but issues after each and every FW update. Changed to the iPad mini 4 and so far zero issues. Go figure huh, engage brain before opening mouth is very apt, don't you think, you asked for advice and because it doesn't sit well with your own preferences and you resort to insulting folk, way to go.

Btw.: Calling somebody a mastermind is no insult... but a compliment.

And John the Boss, you are the boss... and as a boss you should have the skills to see how not helpful it is to give an Android user who's got some problems with a product (which btw. should be running under iOS and Andoid according to the manufacturers specification) the advice to buy an iPhone or iPad. That's absolutely not helpful. I can understand your love for your Apple device... really I do... I love my Samsung S9+ the same way...
2018-9-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

photoholic Posted at 2018-9-6 00:40
Btw.: Calling somebody a mastermind is no insult... but a compliment.

And John the Boss, you are the boss... and as a boss you should have the skills to see how not helpful it is to give an Android user who's got some problems with a product (which btw. should be running under iOS and Andoid according to the manufacturers specification) the advice to buy an iPhone or iPad. That's absolutely not helpful. I can understand your love for your Apple device... really I do... I love my Samsung S9+ the same way...

All you had to do was 'thank whoever for their input' politely, and not resort to personal digs at people who only tried to assist you with a working answer to your issue. 'Thank you, appreciated', costs absolutely nothing. Your responses so far say more about you, now don't they fella, and your digs at me haven't gone unnoticed. I just won't be drawn into pointless differences of opinion, so before I bow out I will point out.

First and foremost I and my good wife are Samsung users and yes also love our Samsungs, just not for flying any of our DJI drones. We had so many issues using our Samsungs it became seriously problematic flying and like you put up a request for advice. The advice we got from forum users was to consider the iPad range as at the time android users were experiencing issues and clearly still are.

I wasn't happy paying out additional funding for iPads, but bit the bullet and purchased an iPad for each of us (The wife and I) along with mavmounts and hoodman sunshades after a little research. We have since experienced zero issues........ The only reason why I suggested IOS is because for us it worked and provided us with a solution. If that solution doesn't work for you, fine, don't even consider it.

THAT'S IT I AM OUT....... Returned to Home
2018-9-6
Use props
Chpouky
lvl.3

I lost a bit less than 20% using my galaxy S8 on a single flight.

Is that normal usage ?
2018-9-6
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Switzerland

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-6 02:00
All you had to do was 'thank whoever for their input' politely, and not resort to personal digs at people who only tried to assist you with a working answer to your issue. 'Thank you, appreciated', costs absolutely nothing. Your responses so far say more about you, now don't they fella, and your digs at me haven't gone unnoticed. I just won't be drawn into pointless differences of opinion, so before I bow out I will point out.

First and foremost I and my good wife are Samsung users and yes also love our Samsungs, just not for flying any of our DJI drones. We had so many issues using our Samsungs it became seriously problematic flying and like you put up a request for advice. The advice we got from forum users was to consider the iPad range as at the time android users were experiencing issues and clearly still are.

Fair enough boss... but if you closely examine this thread the way of insulting begun somehow with the dronist's comments... I actually just want a problem resolved by DJI...

Meanwhile I'm a little sensitive about fanboys who are protecting DJI (or other companies) by telling their flaws are features and their workarounds are fun-extenders. That is not helpful... I love my MP2 too and I think DJI is a great company... but I can still be straight honest and tell them what to improve and what's not so good...

I appologize for placing you under the fanboy-umbrella. I think you honestly wanted to recommend using an iPad and not just to point out how much better Apple is.
2018-9-6
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

What you want to do is activate the Developer Options. Scrolls down to USB Configuration and make sure "Charge This Phone" is not selected... If you look and it is selected, change it to MPT (Media Transfer Protocol).. if MTP is already selected, select another option and then re select MTP.

This should stop it from charging your phone when it's plugged in while still not affecting it charging if it's plugged in to a fast charger.

If it doesn't work.. I don't know.. it worked for me though.
2018-9-6
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Switzerland

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-6 07:23
[view_image]

What you want to do is activate the Developer Options. Scrolls down to USB Configuration and make sure "Charge This Phone" is not selected... If you look and it is selected, change it to MPT (Media Transfer Protocol).. if MTP is already selected, select another option and then re select MTP.

Unfortunately my developer menu on samsung galaxy s9+ has different options... and no one is working...
2018-9-10
Use props
MauiMaps
lvl.4

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-6 07:23
[view_image]

S9+ here, my usb config was MTP. I changed then changed back and no luck. Still has charging icon when connected to RC.
I even tried with it connected to the RC. USB config showed charge this device, I selected MTP and it disconnected from the RC 1 second later, then the next second relaunched the app and is back in charge config.

What device are you using?

2018-9-11
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

MauiMaps Posted at 2018-9-11 11:00
S9+ here, my usb config was MTP. I changed then changed back and no luck. Still has charging icon when connected to RC.
I even tried with it connected to the RC. USB config showed charge this device, I selected MTP and it disconnected from the RC 1 second later, then the next second relaunched the app and is back in charge config.

I am using a Note8
2018-9-11
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Yep it's a shame because the go 4 app works fantastic with the Galaxy S9 Plus it's just you only get three or four batteries out of the remote even with the old mavic Pro
2018-9-11
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

You can also use a power bank and it will charge the remote at the same time plug it into the side .....and plug your phone into the bottom. You can just velcro the powerbank to the back of the remote
2018-9-11
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Also other guys saying that iPad works great I don't know about that or even the iPhones both of my friends tell me they always get CPU issues on their screens, overheating issues, green screens , lag... Meanwhile my S9 plus performs flawlessly so you will have your people that like both products no need to bash anyone
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules