Why did my spark land in the sea Part 2 Log file attached
1050 10 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harry Moman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 311240 ft
Australia

ok so i have finaly figured out how to upload a log file , as i cant see why my Spark just decided to land in the water ...

can you Pro's have a look at the log and tell me why and if i need to contact DJI about this ..

Thanks Harry

here is the Link

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/TXD4PQLPO86TOF5G95U8/
2018-9-4
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

I had a flight log similar to yours. It was a longer flight, but the ending was the same.

In my case, I believe that I accidentally pressed the auto land button instead of the RTH. I also believe that it should've hovered at 0.3m waiting to get approval to land. However, I hear that the Spark is often unreliable close to the surface of water and may land in it. Luckily, I had Care Refresh and now am happily flying the replacement.

I hope that the experts on this forum can find a more favourable interpretation for you, and that you are flying again soon.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly contact our support team to start up case : (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav). We have the professional data analysis team who would do their best to find out the crash reason and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. You can also provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your support.
2018-9-4
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

According to your flight log, you tapped the auto land icon on the left side of DJI GO. Were you trying to tap the RTH icon?
2018-9-4
Use props
Harry Moman
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-4 02:36
Our apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly contact our support team to start up case : (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav). We have the professional data analysis team who would do their best to find out the crash reason and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. You can also provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your support.

Thanks i did do one through my dji go app before only thing i did not add was my serial number ...
but by looking at my logs they should be able to help me ? I did not think auto land was even a option in sports mode .. as i did do a full throttle backwards , in which may have triggered this..

i was in line of sight but hey turn your head for one second on these things and thats the time somthing goes wrong !!!
2018-9-4
Use props
Harry Moman
lvl.3
Australia

msinger Posted at 2018-9-4 03:05
According to your flight log, you tapped the auto land icon on the left side of DJI GO. Were you trying to tap the RTH icon?

yes i only ever use return to home ,
if i did it was by accident  

2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Harry Moman Posted at 2018-9-4 03:08
Thanks i did do one through my dji go app before only thing i did not add was my serial number ...
but by looking at my logs they should be able to help me ? I did not think auto land was even a option in sports mode .. as i did do a full throttle backwards , in which may have triggered this..

I can't promise you anything but I'm sure our engineers can find out the main reason of the incident and will give  you a corresponding resolution. Make sure to contact our support team so that  we can create a case for you and provide your case number here in case you need further assistance, thanks!
2018-9-4
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Is very simple: you pressed “auto landing”
2018-9-4
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Harry Moman Posted at 2018-9-4 03:13
yes i only ever use return to home ,
if i did it was by accident

That makes sense then. It's a common mistake since those icons are so close together.
2018-9-4
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Yes, it looks like auto-land into water.

I'm not 100% sure but infrared sensors won't detect a water surface when lighted from nearly perpendicular above, right?
That would explain why his Sparky did not detect the water and stopped the descent.

I personally /never/ use auto-land or RTH. Only in an absolute emergency (loss of sight to Sparky, which did never happen to me yet).

Pro tip: When using RTH or A/L, have your finger ready in the pause button!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-9-4
Use props
Harry Moman
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks people I will leave it at that then a mistake by me

And a expensive one at that
R.I.P  Sparky
2018-9-4