Most efficient way to fly the Mavic 2
2935 19 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
billy mav
lvl.1
New Zealand

exactly what the title says what is the most efficient way to fly the mavic 2 to get the most distance out of it?
2018-9-4
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Fly one way mission to the down wind. Let us know how far it go.
2018-9-4
Use props
billy mav
lvl.1
New Zealand

GDL Posted at 2018-9-4 03:01
Fly one way mission to the down wind. Let us know how far it go.

Yeah i am more meaning engineering stats of the drone. But you definitely get a participation award my bro
2018-9-4
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Distance will depend on a lot of factors including wind and altitude. But you'll get the maximum distance in a straight line with no other control movements.
2018-9-4
Use props
billy mav
lvl.1
New Zealand

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-4 04:08
Distance will depend on a lot of factors including wind and altitude. But you'll get the maximum distance in a straight line with no other control movements.

Yes but all air crafts are engineered with a specific aerodynamic in mind. So my question still stands what is the optimal force (motor thrust) to maximize the work
2018-9-4
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Can't find it but someone made a video on the m1. Maybe not accurate. It's somewhere on youtube but he found 20mph on up was the best distance to battery used. Maybe there is lift involved over 20 that allows the motors to work less. Airdata shows a predictor and I've always had the best times when flying at cruise ~17mph the whole time.
2018-9-4
Use props
billy mav
lvl.1
New Zealand

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-4 04:28
Can't find it but someone made a video on the m1. Maybe not accurate. It's somewhere on youtube but he found 20mph on up was the best distance to battery used. Maybe there is lift involved over 20 that allows the motors to work less. Airdata shows a predictor and I've always had the best times when flying at cruise ~17mph the whole time.

Thank you. Which drone do you use when you are talking about that stat?
2018-9-4
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

billy mav Posted at 2018-9-4 04:32
Thank you. Which drone do you use when you are talking about that stat?

The m1. m2 will be in Thursday. They seem to be a lot alike.
2018-9-4
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

M2 power system is very different with M1. It’s heavier and has lot more power than M1. The most efficient speed may not be the same.
2018-9-4
Use props
billy mav
lvl.1
New Zealand

GDL Posted at 2018-9-4 07:48
M2 power system is very different with M1. It’s heavier and has lot more power than M1. The most efficient speed may not be the same.

Yeah i read an article saying the static duration of the mavic 2 is not as good as the mavic 1. The thing is designed to move by the look of it and by god does the mavic 2 go fast.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. I would recommend flying your aircraft in an open are, GPS signal should be strong enough and also there should be no interferences to maximize the usage of your drone. Please make sure the beginner mode is off to prevent limited distance. I would advice checking the antennas if they're properly in the right place. You can watch our video tutorial for the best practices.

2018-9-4
Use props
billy mav
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-4 16:33
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. I would recommend flying your aircraft in an open are, GPS signal should be strong enough and also there should be no interferences to maximize the usage of your drone. Please make sure the beginner mode is off to prevent limited distance. I would advice checking the antennas if they're properly in the right place. You can watch our video tutorial for the best practices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Yes but im just wondering what the efficiency cure looks like for the dji mavic 2. Why does 90% of people answer  with the most random stuff lol.
2018-9-4
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

I always thought it was 25-30 mph on the Mavic and about the same on the M2P. I fly full stick on the M2P which gives you about 31 mph which seems pretty efficient. On the Mavic I flew full stick with OA off for 32 mph (I think). If your not holding full stick it seems like it is difficult to keep a steady speed for any length of time. Never tried tap fly which may be another option to hold a steady speed. But, really, I'm just guessing and have no objective data whatsoever, just anecdotal observations.

Let me know if you find a real answer.

I do see people that get low on battery power and instantly decide full speed in sport mode is the best course of action. I have never been able to convince them otherwise, so, now I don't even try.
2018-9-4
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Good question, for mp1 it was:
25 km/h for longest air time (very hard to keep)
52 km/h for longest distance (I had 14.5 km on myne)

M2P might be different (I do not have one )
2018-9-4
Use props
Rblomqvist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

According to the specs: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

Max Flight Time (no wind)        31 minutes (at a consistent 25 kph)
Max Hovering Time (no wind)        29 minutes
Max Flight Distance (no wind)        18 km (at a consistent 50 kph)
Max Wind Speed Resistance        29–38 kph
2018-9-5
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

I was thinking of testing the battery time by launching the mavic2, take it up to 130 feet, put it in Point of Interest, set the speed to 25 mph and just let it orbit, then see what my flight time is.  I was considering setting this up and doing an orbit with Litchi because you can program that before you launch.
2018-9-5
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find the fastest I can go gets the most distance with the least amount of battery used.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

billy mav Posted at 2018-9-4 18:53
Yes but im just wondering what the efficiency cure looks like for the dji mavic 2. Why does 90% of people answer  with the most random stuff lol.

Hi, Thanks for the response. Hope you could be able to find the best recommendation for flying the Mavic 2 Pro. Please don't hesitate to reach us in any case you need our assistance as well.
2018-9-9
Use props
Continuecrushingtech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 690210 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sort of did a test...sport mode vs normal.

I didn't do anything else, as there would be quite a few other variables between the two.

2018-9-9
Use props
fansccbe6a6c
lvl.1

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-10 06:56
I am surprised at the short total distance you achieved.  Before I attempted my 55,101' "Flight to the Forts" Litchi mission, I setup a 56,000' Litchi test circuit at a constant 30 mph.  The circuit allows me to run a controlled, repeatable test, while always maintaining RC contact so I can bail out & return home when necessary.  I ran the test with a Mavic Pro, a P3 Advanced,  & a P4 (original model using both the standard & high-capacity batteries).  It was pretty windy the day I tested.  I need to find the results but all of my birds far exceeded 42,000.  The P4 with high-capacity battery completed the full 56,000' run with battery left to spare.  The wind was out of the west & noticed my Mavic Pro was affected much more than the P3A or P4 when heading directly into the wind.  The MP slowed significantly compared to the others.  The P4 was best directly into the wind, likely due to its smooth shell.

In Sport mode I can fly my Zoom for approximately 13 minutes at 45 MPH. That is a total of  9.75 miles (51,480 feet).

In P-Mode I can fly the Zoom for about 20 minutes at 31 MPH. That is a total of 10.3 miles (54,384 feet)

Both tests took the battery to 20%.

It looks like P-mode is slightly more battery efficient than Sport Mode
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules