2850 11 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phillby139
New
Flight distance : 52825 ft

Hi Evreyone,

I need some help...

Tonight i attempted to update my Mavic Pro with the latest firmware version... (V01.04.0500)

Usually i have had no issues with it at all..and i thought that it was taking much longer then usual.

The download of the update and the sending over the update to the Mavic went fine..until it got to the stage where it was installing it. The update got stuck at 57% for about 30 minutes... and then i got an error saying that the update could not be installed.. fair enough..so i tried again..same error.. so i connected my Mavic up to my laptop and did an upgrade with the DJI assistant 2.

Same issue..again...the update failed..

But to make things worse it has now completely wiped my Mavic of all previous updates and also the RC now wont link up to the aircraft..

DJI assistant is now saying i have version V00.00.0000 on my Drone!!

Can anyone suggest what i should do?

Thanks in advance

Phill

2018-9-4
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the RC and drone (several videos on YT on how to do this)? Then try the update again.
2018-9-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Only thing I would suggest is try again with Assistant 2 on PC, ensure aircraft battery is fully charged (will not update if battery drops below 50%). Is the internet connection good, no firewall or virus killer interfering with operations (not usually a problem but perhaps worth considering).

Or is there another PC you could try. USB cable etc.

I updated mine yesterday; as no updates were being offered via DJI Go 4 I opted to use Assistant 2.

My Goggles and RC updated fine, then once aircraft firmware downloaded and transmitted to Mavic Pro my Assistant 2 shut down before upgrade started.  I re-launched Assistant 2 , and it was successful second attempt.
2018-9-4
Use props
Phillby139
New

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-4 03:57
Have you tried doing a factory reset on the RC and drone (several videos on YT on how to do this)? Then try the update again.

Yup have tried all that, RC links up again which is good news but the updates still wont push onto the aircraft.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for all the trouble. Please make sure to turn off firewall and antivirus software and the reinstall DJI Assistant 2. Kindly  restore the factory setting to factory defaults and then update the firmware. You can download the software using this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads) and follow the video tutorial below. If it is convenient for you, kindly try to use a different cable or computer and the try again. Thanks for your support.

2018-9-4
Use props
Phillby139
New

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-4 04:06
Sorry for all the trouble. Please make sure to turn off firewall and antivirus software and the reinstall DJI Assistant 2. Kindly  restore the factory setting to factory defaults and then update the firmware. You can download the software using this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads) and follow the video tutorial below. If it is convenient for you, kindly try to use a different cable or computer and the try again. Thanks for your support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZE-fP28htI

Thanks for that!

Seeing as the drone has returned to V00.00.0000 can i just update my aircraft with the latest update and that will be ok or do i need to install all the old updates aswell?

Thanks heaps!
2018-9-4
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Just install the latest update. No need to install older ones unless you're trying to roll back to a specific version.
2018-9-4
Use props
Phillby139
New

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-4 04:12
Just install the latest update. No need to install older ones unless you're trying to roll back to a specific version.

Great! Thanks so much for everyone's help! I will give it a go!
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Phillby139 Posted at 2018-9-4 04:09
Thanks for that!

Seeing as the drone has returned to V00.00.0000 can i just update my aircraft with the latest update and that will be ok or do i need to install all the old updates aswell?

You're welcome. As mentioned above, no need to install the old firmware. Please keep us posted, thanks!
2018-9-4
Use props
Phillby139
New

Problem Fixed!!

Thank you, thank you for everyone's help!

2018-9-4
Use props
wwwili
New
Finland

Hi everybody,

I tried to update my Mavic Pro with DJI assistant 2 and it failed. For the third time it downloads ok, updates ok until freezes to 100% still "Updating". After 30min nothing has happened.
2018-12-9
Use props
wwwili
New
Finland

wwwili Posted at 12-9 10:24
Hi everybody,

I tried to update my Mavic Pro with DJI assistant 2 and it failed. For the third time it downloads ok, updates ok until freezes to 100% still "Updating". After 30min nothing has happened.

Problem solved.

I needed to update the DJI Assistant 2 to higher version 1.2.4
2018-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules