Flip the Focus wheel so its closer to the joystick?
646 3 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if the focus wheel can be unscrewed and rotated 180 degrees (and of course, re-mounted) so the wheel is closer to the joystick.  As installed by default, it is a two handed operation when needing to adjust focus via the focus wheel.  If I can rotate the mount for the focus wheel so the FW is closer to the joystick, I have the option of making small focus adjustments with the same hand that is driving the joystick.

(I realize I could probably just remove two screws and see for myself if this would work, but I am hoping that someone just knows this answer rather than me tearing apart the Ronin just to see.)

thanks a bunch guys,
Matt
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Matt, the Focus wheel cannot be rotated 180 degrees, it will not be mounted.
2018-9-6
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-6 04:02
Hi Matt, the Focus wheel cannot be rotated 180 degrees, it will not be mounted.

Thanks Mindy.  I imagined that would be the case.  Maybe something for the engineers to consider on V2.  It would be incredibly useful to be able to rotate the focus wheel for those of us who would like to control focus with our thumb as well as for using our second hand.

Thanks for the reply,
Matt
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-9-6 05:05
Thanks Mindy.  I imagined that would be the case.  Maybe something for the engineers to consider on V2.  It would be incredibly useful to be able to rotate the focus wheel for those of us who would like to control focus with our thumb as well as for using our second hand.

Thanks for the reply,

Matt, actually the small part in the picture below is designed to avoid customer mounting the Focus wheel reversely, but as you requested, I will transfer your need to our engineers for consideration. GTScreenshot_20180907_165835.png
2018-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules