Wireless transmitter/receiver from camera to external monitor?
1693 8 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

I am curious if any of you know of a wireless (and small AND affordable) HDMI video transmitter/receiver for the camera and the external monitor.  I have seen quite a few larger (and crazy-expensive) units that are made to send HD signal thousands of feet away to a monitor, but I just need a little $59.95 unit that will transmit about a foot... heh.  

Sure seems to me that i should be able to find an HDMI transmitter/receiver for less than a hundred bucks these days (ok, maybe less than $200).

Thanks for any advice,
Matt
2018-9-4
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

look into nyrius aries, it´s hdmi only .... I own the" pro" and use it on my personal projects , if it´s a job I usually rent. It´s not a professional grade equipment starting from plastic housing to software.
2018-9-4
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi Fo, thanks for the info.  the product you mentioned seems to need AC power.  I need something that runs on batts.  (I shoulda specified).  thanks for the info though.  much appreciated.
Matt
2018-9-4
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-9-4 07:58
Hi Fo, thanks for the info.  the product you mentioned seems to need AC power.  I need something that runs on batts.  (I shoulda specified).  thanks for the info though.  much appreciated.
Matt

this thing is not the very real deal but it can be powered .... on the ronin dtap to usb (A) adapter + usb (A) to mini usb cable .... on the monitor side : dtap to usb (A) adapter + usb (A) to small jack cable .

https://www.amazon.de/ANDYCINE-K ... eywords=usb+to+dtap

i power my monitor from a v mount plate that provides an extra dtap ...
2018-9-5
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Hi Fo, thanks for the info.  the product you mentioned seems to need AC power.  I need something that runs on batts.  (I shoulda specified).  thanks for the info though.  much appreciated.
Matt

just saw you are using ronin s ... you don´t have a dtap on the gimbal so you need to take the power from one of the two sbus ports ... (dbus ???)  sbus should be 5v same as usb power.

so you could build an custom sbus to mini usb cable to provide power to the tx  .. hope you got some soldering skills
2018-9-5
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Matt

ok .. sorry .. i read its two 12V/2A connection in the front of the ronin s ! I believe you only can take 5v on the tx

you could kill the tx so better check twice you are not making a wrong cable !!! sorry for suggesting this before ! In my set up those dtap 14,4V to usb adapters are taking care of this ...

2018-9-5
Use props
adamjrichman
lvl.2
United States

You would absolutely need a regulator to make that work. Or, just buy one of these and velcro it to your rig: https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. I would like to ask what specific DJI Product are you going to use for this kind of scenario? Please let us know. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-9
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-9 09:06
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. I would like to ask what specific DJI Product are you going to use for this kind of scenario? Please let us know. Thank you for the support.

Hi Tony,  I have the Ronin S.  Trying to keep the rig as clean and uncluttered as possible, so I hope to avoid having wires hanging.  In this case, the HDMI wire that needs to go from the camera to the monitor.
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules