Trade up program
1452 6 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Classic
lvl.2
United States

So I am getting the hots to move up to a Phantom 4 and out of curiosity I keyed into the DJI Trade Up Feature. I answered the questions honestly and guess what...they determined that my present working Phantom 3 with all necessary components is worth a total of...$37.00 trade in. Wow, such a deal. My question is how can I buy all of their tradeins at twice what they credit their DJI owners. Has anyone else checked this?

2018-9-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Might as well keep it for that small amount.  I had a feeling that was going to be what would happen with the trade up thing.
2018-9-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

DJi are not only ones having a laugh !!

Spektrum are as well .... they want existing Spektrum owners to trade in their Tx's for $50 of the full retail price of a new radio !!

I do wonder where these geniuses come from !!

Nigel
2018-9-4
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2018-9-4 07:26
DJi are not only ones having a laugh !!

Spektrum are as well .... they want existing Spektrum owners to trade in their Tx's for $50 of the full retail price of a new radio !!

Yeah Nigel, I checked that out too! WOW.
I mean seriously, ……….that is a slap in the face IMO. That is in no way, any way to encourage someone to trade up. And then that is just an estimate. You have to send it in to get a final price. I really thought that if you had a good working Phantom, with a couple batteries and controller it should be worth a couple hundred bucks anyway. We all know you can sell these on Ebay for decent money all day long. That trade-up B.S. is simply a way for them to say they have a program. Anybody buying into that is crazy. Pretty shameful I think for a leader of this industry to even throw that out there like that. They should either retract that program entirely, or make a reasonable offer for good equipment.
2018-9-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I wouldn't waste money on Spektrum anyway .. but that's beside the point.

Working P3S are going for about 500 Euros .... P3A about 550 Euros and P3P for 600 Euros or more over here second hand. And they sell at that ... yes our prices are daft !! But that's our market.

Nigel
2018-9-4
Use props
Classic
lvl.2
United States

Glad to see that I am not the only one that feels that it is wrong. Like I said...if I could buy them at double what they are giving people...I buy every one of them.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Classic Posted at 2018-9-5 03:02
Glad to see that I am not the only one that feels that it is wrong. Like I said...if I could buy them at double what they are giving people...I buy every one of them.

Hi. I understand that you are having concerns with the DJI trade up. Let me forward this thread to the proper department for us to help you further. I will get back to you as soon as possible regarding this matter. Thank you for your patience.
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules