Panorama has lower resolution than single photos
2244 6 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ahelillo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 525568 ft
Spain

Am I doing something wrong on my Mavic 2 Pro?
I shot several panoramas, the drone goes through the same motions, taking all those different photos. But the generated panorama is only 2610 pixels high, while single photos are 3600+ pixels high.

Thanks in advance!
2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU
lvl.3
United States

This is normal.  The individual photos are saved separately in panorama folders and you can make full size panoramas with your own software, such as Lightroom.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. Regarding your concern, we will forward this to our developer team for further clarification. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2018-9-4
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

It's because it's impossible for the individual photos to be 100% aligned so it crops the final image. You should be able to get better results if you use external software but it'll never be 100% the same height as an individual photo. You can do a 2 row pano if you need more pixel height. It's not a bug, just the nature of pano photography
2018-9-5
Use props
ahelillo
lvl.1
Spain

That doesn’t make any sense. The camera takes at least 3 pictures (above, level, and below) for every turn. So there is PLENTY of resolution to generate a very high-res image. In any case, the minimum vertical resolution should be that of the regular snapshots, not less!

But even so, the software should be able to build a panorama that has between 1x and 3x the vertical resolution they have now.

Yes, I know desktop software can be used to achieve it, but that only means the onboard software should also be able to build a super high-res panorama as well. Otherwise, the feature is just crippled unless you enable saving the entire image set for the panorama.
2018-9-5
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe because the processing power and available memory inside the Mavic 2 is not great enuff to handle building it into a super hirez image.
2018-9-5
Use props
ahelillo
lvl.1
Spain

Oh but the Mavic 2 Zoom can assemble those 48MP ‘Super Resolution’ photos. I doubt that is unattainable with the Mavic 2 Pro.
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules