Mavic Air Vision and Propeller Electric Error
625 5 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4d5e7102
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2355640 ft
United States

I just got a new Mavic air and the Vision Systems need calibration.  It won't calibrate even the through the DJI Assistant PC program.  It shows the dots but doesn't do anything.  Also, I have a motor issue for the propeller and the Gimbal gets stuck.  I'm afraid to send it in because in my experience even if it's a DJI problem they will always charge you and it takes a month to get it back and I don't want to be without a drone.  I am doing photography and videos for realtors.  
2018-9-4
Use props
JERRY K
lvl.3
Flight distance : 308327 ft
United States

Use the go4 app-Only calibrate if it is telling you to do so. I have never calabrated my IMU and it flys perfect
2018-9-4
Use props
fans4d5e7102
lvl.2
United States

JERRY K Posted at 2018-9-4 09:33
Use the go4 app-Only calibrate if it is telling you to do so. I have never calabrated my IMU and it flys perfect

IMU is related to the gyroscope not Vision.  I have a red Triangle saying to go on the DJI Assistant app to calibrate vision.  It will not do it, it's a drone issue.  The propeller motor and gimbal is also an issue, but like I said I received it this way, but it takes a month to get it back and they will charge me.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know where and when did you purchase your Mavic air? Also, have you tried to use different PC to calibrate your drone?
2018-9-5
Use props
fans4d5e7102
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-5 15:50
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know where and when did you purchase your Mavic air? Also, have you tried to use different PC to calibrate your drone?

I bought it through DJI.  It was a replacement for the other one that went down due to a GPS error that was a drone error (already posted that record).  I just got this new one July 25.  I have tried to calibrate on two computers.  I've been flying almost daily since December and am very familiar with the software.

My first flight I had errors.  But like I said before I can't wait a month to get it back, and also you know like I do that they would charge me even though it's a hardware issue.  If I could get it back in a week I would send it in and see what they said.

Customer service as you know doesn't discuss with the techs that review the crash report, and you also can't talk to a tech about the report.  I was given no choice but to use my refresh program and pay for my last drone.

I hope that with enough people coming forward that DJI will enhance their customer service and be more transparent about issues with their drones.  
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans4d5e7102 Posted at 2018-9-5 16:34
I bought it through DJI.  It was a replacement for the other one that went down due to a GPS error that was a drone error (already posted that record).  I just got this new one July 25.  I have tried to calibrate on two computers.  I've been flying almost daily since December and am very familiar with the software.

My first flight I had errors.  But like I said before I can't wait a month to get it back, and also you know like I do that they would charge me even though it's a hardware issue.  If I could get it back in a week I would send it in and see what they said.

Hi, we're really sorry to hear about that. I understand your frustration and where you coming from. I suggest you contact our Customer service by dialling +1 (818) 235 0789 for further assistant. They will help you to send back your drone to us. Thank you.
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules