Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MA shaking and drifting
687 10 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hugoleveille
lvl.3
Flight distance : 370174 ft
Canada

[size=15.600000381469727px]

[size=15.600000381469727px]

Hi

I did a flight yesterday over a very high pedestrian bridge. I tokeoff from a flat surface with 10 satellites away from the bridge to make sure any metal from the bridge( even if it was mainly in wood) would not mess up the compass. I was not requested for compass calibration

After 20 sec in the flight, the drone was pretty much in front of me and noticed that it was shaking like a dropped penny on the ground just before it stops moving. Also, for the first minute, it was drifting alot. You can see in the log at 20 sec in the flight that it is moving without user input.

At first I was thinking of wind but i really doubt it. Then it stabilized itself and was fine for the rest of the flight

Any ideas? Could 10 satellites affect this? I usually start with 10 without any problems

FLIGHT LOGS:

https://bit.ly/2oD7P1k

2018-9-4
Use props
hugoleveille
lvl.3
Canada

28 sec into the flight is the worst part. Drifting and shaking
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for all the trouble. If you change an environment, you can calibrate the compass before flight. Or the app will remind you if you need to calibrate the compass. Did you receive an error message on the APP?
2018-9-4
Use props
hugoleveille
lvl.3
Canada

No, I was not requested for a compass calibration. I was told to not calibrate unless asked by the app. Is this advice legit?
2018-9-4
Use props
WayneMHK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

hugoleveille Posted at 2018-9-4 09:44
No, I was not requested for a compass calibration. I was told to not calibrate unless asked by the app. Is this advice legit?

What FW version are you on?
2018-9-4
Use props
hugoleveille
lvl.3
Canada

Should I calibrate when moving even is not asked by app?
2018-9-4
Use props
hugoleveille
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-4 09:42
Sorry for all the trouble. If you change an environment, you can calibrate the compass before flight. Or the app will remind you if you need to calibrate the compass. Did you receive an error message on the APP?

Should I calibrate when moving even is not asked by app?
2018-9-4
Use props
hugoleveille
lvl.3
Canada

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-9-4 11:12
What FW version are you on?

The latest .400
2018-9-4
Use props
0rcinus
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

Turn vision off, keep it off, see if it ever happens again.
Ever since i disabled it, any stability and drift issues magically stopped and never returned.

And i’m not talking low light either - broad daylight drifts, shakes and whatnot else.

IMO, vision system on MA is more trouble than it’s worth.
2018-9-4
Use props
Amjad1983
Second Officer
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

I got same issue with drifting  but only happens with smart mode helical shots and few (sensors supposed to be off)
I was sure its not related to wind because it happned at the same moment for each shot
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-4 09:42
Sorry for all the trouble. If you change an environment, you can calibrate the compass before flight. Or the app will remind you if you need to calibrate the compass. Did you receive an error message on the APP?

Hi, here are some scenarios that we suggest calibrating the compass:
When the aircraft moves erratically during flight, i.e. the drone doesn't fly in straight lines. You can go this route: MC Settings--Advanced Settings--Sensor--Compass--calibrate. When the app prompts that the compass needs to be calibrated, the drone’s compass has suffered from interference as the aircraft was turned on in a place where there is magnetic interference. Make sure to fly the aircraft in an open area free of interference.When powering on the drone, ensure that the aircraft is at a standstill. If there is interference or the aircraft is powered on during movement, the compass’s orientation may be altered, and then re-calibration is needed. To ensure the flight stability, the app will prompt you to calibrate the compass when there is a need. Please follow the app and calibrate it. Thank you for your support.
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules