Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Found Phantom
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jessn
New

United States

Some kids were flying their phantom drone over the bay by our house on night and it landed in the mangroves. The next morning we went out in kayaks to retrieve the drone; however, we were unable to locate the kids it belongs to. I have contacted the company and was told to bring it to the police and hopefully the owners would contact the police. I understand that theory however the kids thought the drone went into the water so why would they contact the police. I was surprised this company would not take the codes and reach out to the owners. I am hoping someone on here would be able to help me figure out how to find the owners or at least get an email address from the codes on the drone.

Thank you!

2018-9-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

There should be a SD card in the Phantom.  There may be video files on the card.  If you watch them, you might get a clue how to find the owner.  Good luck!
2018-9-4
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

mangroves, where?

2018-9-5
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Its mine its mine....... oh damn your in the states well that didnt work lol.
I hope you find the owner.
2018-9-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Canada here.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for sharing this story. Hopefully, the owner will find this thread for them to retrieve the lost drone. Thank you for your support.
2018-9-6
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Wondering if they ever found a drone    You could always contact the FAA and give them the number that’s on the drone   
2018-9-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2018-9-8 09:45
Wondering if they ever found a drone    You could always contact the FAA and give them the number that’s on the drone

From what I've read from others who have found drones, FAA will not provide ownership info even if the FA number is on the AC.  Instead they'll direct the finder to turn the AC into the nearest police station, and then the FAA will give the police the name and address of the lucky/unlucky pilot - his luck status depending on the circumstances.  :-D  
2018-9-8
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-9-8 10:05
From what I've read from others who have found drones, FAA will not provide ownership info even if the FA number is on the AC.  Instead they'll direct the finder to turn the AC into the nearest police station, and then the FAA will give the police the name and address of the lucky/unlucky pilot - his luck status depending on the circumstances.  :-D

Oh wow. Thanks Maek that’s good information. Hopefully I’ll never lose my drone. A lot of times I fly over the Atlantic Ocean trying to spot  Dolphins swimming and wales   
2018-9-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have an ''Open me!!'' folded note sealed with waterproof tape on the front of mine in the hope that it will stay waterproof long enough to be found, opened and read and hopefully, then, call me, its a live in hope era lol
2018-9-8
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Singapore

I hope you will find the owners they must be really sad to loose their bird
2018-9-8
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-9-8 19:54
I hope you will find the owners they must be really sad to loose their bird

You wont find my P3 standard had to ditch one mile out to sea yesterday...it was not a good day!
2018-9-8
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-9-5 04:03
Its mine its mine....... oh damn your in the states well that didnt work lol.
I hope you find the owner.

but wasn't that the Litchi programme you used hellsgate
2018-9-9
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Singapore

PowerBand1 Posted at 2018-9-8 23:42
You wont find my P3 standard had to ditch one mile out to sea yesterday...it was not a good day!

Pfff I feel sorry for you mate that must have been a awefull day for you
2018-9-9
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-9-9 01:05
Pfff I feel sorry for you mate that must have been a awefull day for you

The cause was the battery it started to lose charge real quick and then i knew i was in trouble.
2018-9-9
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Singapore

PowerBand1 Posted at 2018-9-9 18:31
The cause was the battery it started to lose charge real quick and then i knew i was in trouble.

So now you have to invest for a new bird?
2018-9-10
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-9-10 02:18
So now you have to invest for a new bird?

No I wont be replacing the P3 standard as I have a P3 Professional and a P4 as well. The P3standard was my first ever drone and owned it for 3years...got my money out of it I guess.
2018-9-10
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Singapore

PowerBand1 Posted at 2018-9-10 11:18
No I wont be replacing the P3 standard as I have a P3 Professional and a P4 as well. The P3standard was my first ever drone and owned it for 3years...got my money out of it I guess.

Ok great so you have a backup
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules