SEE THE VIDEO: Ronin-S Problem with GH5s
11530 45 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf9363869
lvl.2
United States

I am very worried. Even though I use my GH5S for wedding video, in my day job, I'm a software engineer with an electrical engineering degree. Something tells me that this is an EMI (electro-magnetic interference) issue. This is probably exacerbated by the high data rates of 4K up being transmitted over unshielded HDMI cables.

But since this can happen even without HDMI hooked up, and just a simple use of the USB connection, it tells me the USB connection from the Ronin-S is being contaminated from the Ronin-S motor field because the USB PCB traces are laid out properly for the required impedance or aren't terminated properly (or both).

This is bad, really bad! It may mean a hardware fix is required. So glad I didn't sell my room yet and get this. Unfortunately, I am in desperate need of focus control so I'll have to look into competing solutions.
2019-3-11
Use props
umit gulsen
New
United States

Starting with the first firmware on ronin s there have been communication problems with gh5s. But with the most recent firmware I am having lot more problems. Even if I hit record from my gh5s it sometimes freezes recording so I am forced to take off the battery because turning of the camera doesn’t help. I know for sure this is not a gh5s problem. My second big problem is that the focus stops working and it takes several times resetting everything to bring it back to working condition. This is not acceptable at all. It puts me at a very difficult position in front of a client because of wasting their time.

This is an Emergency fix that DJI need to look at. Please fix all the bugs and update the firmware asap DJI.
2019-4-30
Use props
Droogles
lvl.2

United States

Mine did the same thing yesterday and slammed my Rode Stereo Videomic X into the  roll motor, putting a chip in it and who knows what else.
2019-5-6
Use props
russkn87
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430039 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had this issue every time I use my Ronin-S with both my GH5 & GH5S, every day since AUGUST!!! It is not reliable and considering that the Ronin-S was meant to officially support the GH5S & GH5 from the start - it's a complete embarrassing joke. It only happens when an HDMI monitor is attached at the same time as the USB-C cable, but surely this is the way it's designed to be used? The on-camera screen is too small, moves with the gimbal and is not bright enough - anyone using it in a serious environment will be using a monitor with it.

Come on DJI, sort it out - let us use the HDMI monitor, USB-C and focus control on the GH5 series without any bugs...
2019-5-12
Use props
fegato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251886 ft
  • >>>
Italy

please this is a disaster complete dealbreaker
2020-9-7
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-1-25 02:51
We did optimize this issue in the firmware v1.7.0.60, but it seems there are other issues per your new thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-174516-1-1.html We have escalated to our engineers for further analysis, if there is any update, I will keep you posted in your new thread, thank you.

Mindy... did this ever get resolved?
2021-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules