First time IMU Calibration help
1847 15 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EricASI
lvl.1

United States

[size=14.6667px]I am calibrating my Mavic 2 Pro IMU for the first time and it seems to get stuck on step 3/5 which is placing aircraft on flat surface lying flat. Anyone else having this issue? I was able to pass step 2 which requires it lying on its side, but the next step seems to freeze. No error message or anything. I have tried it on two separate phones and same issues.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Any Suggestions?
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Thanks
2018-9-4
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you sure you're performing the calibration properly? Step #3 is the aircraft laying on its other side (not flat),

2018-9-4
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Follow the video above whilst calibrating, it's been reported to DJI, error in the Android app. If you put the Mavic in the positions in the video for each step as you run the app it will calibrate successfully. Search IMU calibration in the forum, all will be explained.
2018-9-4
Use props
EricASI
lvl.1

United States

msinger Posted at 2018-9-4 11:22
Are you sure you're performing the calibration properly? Step #3 is the aircraft laying on its other side (not flat),

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOWD_OfOROI

That was it! The aircraft position on the app was different than that of your video. Thanks for the quick help
2018-9-4
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://forum.dji.com/thread-116018-1-1.html
2018-9-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

And why did you calibrate if I may ask? Just for fun or because DJI GO 4 told you it needed to be done?
2018-9-4
Use props
EricASI
lvl.1

United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-4 11:38
And why did you calibrate if I may ask? Just for fun or because DJI GO 4 told you it needed to be done?

It was the first time setting it up. I watched a couple videos saying to go ahead and do it since it could get disrupted during shipping and delivery of the device. Not sure if it was needed, but figured it would be good practice. I won't do it again unless it seems needed.
2018-9-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

EricASI Posted at 2018-9-4 11:44
It was the first time setting it up. I watched a couple videos saying to go ahead and do it since it could get disrupted during shipping and delivery of the device. Not sure if it was needed, but figured it would be good practice. I won't do it again unless it seems needed.

Thank you for your quick response. Not all these "Me-Tube" people really now about what they are talking  and often one is just repeating his competitor(s) with the same false information. M2P is my third DJI drone now and on none of them did I ever calibrate the IMU because there was no need to do so. And all of them so far worked/work perfectly (I hope it is also still the case for my former Spark that I sold 6 months ago).
If you note strange flying behaviour or after a serious crash, it is certainly a wise thing to do. Otherwise I would only do it if requested by DJI GO 4.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for reaching out, We deeply sorry for the Inconvenience this concern already been forwarded to our developer for them to rectify it, again we're sincerely sorry for the Inconvenience. Thanks!
2018-9-5
Use props
EricASI
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-5 09:36
Thank you for reaching out, We deeply sorry for the Inconvenience this concern already been forwarded to our developer for them to rectify it, again we're sincerely sorry for the Inconvenience. Thanks!

No worries! Thanks to the DJI community for the help!
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

EricASI Posted at 2018-9-6 05:16
No worries! Thanks to the DJI community for the help!

Thanks for being understanding. If you have any concern or question feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2018-9-6
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Can an admin make this thread sticky so others can see it? Its a common issue with fix.
2018-9-6
Use props
EricASI
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-6 06:20
Thanks for being understanding. If you have any concern or question feel free to reach us back. Thanks!

One general question: Any idea when the Windows DJI SDK will be released??
2018-9-6
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-9-4 11:22
Are you sure you're performing the calibration properly? Step #3 is the aircraft laying on its other side (not flat),

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOWD_OfOROI

Thanks - I spent way too long trying to follow the app.
2018-9-6
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Put mine in the fridge for 30 mins, suran wrap it up. Did the same with m1. Reasons for it, but basically get the factory .008 numbers to 0. The fan doesn't kick on to ruin the calibration. It's supposed to init faster too. The gimbal calibration needed no adjustments.
2018-9-6
Use props
BLaineC
lvl.1
United States

EricASI Posted at 2018-9-4 11:44

My RC told me calibration was required or something like that, don't remember the exact verbiage,,,   Anyhow I got a little frustrated also with the DJI Go 4 App, watched the on line video and Wam Bam my Mavic 2 aligned up great!
2018-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules