Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2time crash the drone start behave abnormally
754 14 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pvzzin
lvl.2
Brazil

It is the second time that happens.

First time, I was flying in my apartment yard, sometimes the GPS signal is hard to get, I started the motors and started the flight. I just got some altitude, kinda 5 meters, to get more Satellites, after I got 9 GPS signal, I started my flight… after putting 20 meters height, I notice the drone started to fly towards my apartment wall, the collision sensor doesn’t work and it crashed and felt 20 meters. After that I did all the calibrations and everything worked fine.

I did more 2 or 3 short flights just to see if everything was ok and I decided to do another big flight… I went to a big parking lot and with more than 15 gps connected I started the flight and this message appeared “
Warrning:[IMU]heading exception (in flight) please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally (Using)
"

Right after the drone started to behave abnormally and started to flight very fast in a diagonal direction I had no control in the direction I just tried to lose some altitude it wasn’t too high but I didn’t want to crash in a car… but it crashed in some brunches and leafs and felt in the grass.

All IMU was almost 0.000 0.001

I did the compass calibration right before because it asked both times.

2018-9-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

It's all because you were in places full of metal and cars, that can't work out. And you have bad calibration now because of all the interference. Go into a wide open field with no concrete or metal around. Even keep your mobile phone at distance and do a proper calibration. The same applies for flying in general. Go to open places without interference. I wish you always happy landings in the future.
P.S. Please do read the manual thoroughly (even available in your language): https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... al%20v1.2_PT-BR.pdf
2018-9-4
Use props
pvzzin
lvl.2
Brazil

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-4 14:51
It's all because you were in places full of metal and cars, that can't work out. And you have bad calibration now because of all the interference. Go into a wide open field with no concrete or metal around. Even keep your mobile phone at distance and do a proper calibration. The same applies for flying in general. Go to open places without interference. I wish you always happy landings in the future.
P.S. Please do read the manual thoroughly (even available in your language): https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... al%20v1.2_PT-BR.pdf

But even the collision avoidance didn't work and stoped the drone. This is about the metal also?
2018-9-4
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

If you would upload the flight log from the crash, people could probably tell you what was really happening to the drone.
2018-9-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

pvzzin Posted at 2018-9-4 14:53
But even the collision avoidance didn't work and stoped the drone. This is about the metal also?

Yes, it most likely went into ATTI mode where it can't hold position any more and can't brake either. If you wish so, upoad your flightrecords (located in a DJI subfolder on your mobile device) to this site and share the links with us: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
But from your description above I am almost 100% sure about what we are going to see. You will find yourself plenty of warnings in there, loss of GPS and ATTI mode.
2018-9-4
Use props
pvzzin
lvl.2
Brazil

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-4 14:59
Yes, it most likely went into ATTI mode where it can't hold position any more and can't brake either. If you wish so, upoad your flightrecords (located in a DJI subfolder on your mobile device) to this site and share the links with us: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
But from your description above I am almost 100% sure about what we are going to see. You will find yourself plenty of warnings in there, loss of GPS and ATTI mode.

the first time it started to go towards the wall with gps, after it crashed it turned to ATTI mode, the second time it was GPS after the crash because it felt and the motor and battery was still working...

I will upload both flight records
2018-9-4
Use props
pvzzin
lvl.2
Brazil

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-4 14:59
Yes, it most likely went into ATTI mode where it can't hold position any more and can't brake either. If you wish so, upoad your flightrecords (located in a DJI subfolder on your mobile device) to this site and share the links with us: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

first crash it enter in ATTI mode after touch the wall and motor error after touch the ground

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/TG6FP9E1OR05OYZR9ONJ/

second crash it doesn't enter in ATTI mode

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/OVOMLOW8K6ICKDHZ535Q/

2018-9-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

pvzzin Posted at 2018-9-4 16:07
first crash it enter in ATTI mode after touch the wall and motor error after touch the ground

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/TG6FP9E1OR05OYZR9ONJ/

Thank you. The first one is exactly as I expected. This was a very challenging, not to say unsuitable flying environment. The satellite link was very low throughout and not stable. Even if it showed GPS in the beginning, it looks as if your aircraft was in ATTI mode throughout, very difficult to control. 9 satellites is not sufficient and the number alone does not indicate a good link. You also have to monitor the signal strengh indicator.
The second one is not so clear but might be the result of the first crash. After a crash it is advisable to calibrate the IMU, especially if you observe strange flying behaviour as it was the case for you. After the IMU warning you should have landed immediately. Luckily you were not flying high and it fell soft.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. We highly suggest to send the unit to our repair facility to have it check.
2018-9-6
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Compass and IMU calibration is very important procedure to provide safe flights.
For compass calibration you have to be 100% protected from any metal influence during procedure - no metal on you ( like phone, watch, belt with buckle and so on, no rebars and any other metal parts underground...
With IMU calibration extremely important to get very good leveled surface!
After successful calibration  never ever do it again unless you are asked for ( even then try to change your position or restart equipment first before new calibration attempt)
2018-9-6
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

Lucky you did not lose your drone , once you notice weak GPS or below 10 satellites try not to fly . flying in ATTI mode is very dangerous  as you need to use your manual skills for flying
2018-9-6
Use props
pvzzin
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-6 05:44
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. We highly suggest to send the unit to our repair facility to have it check.

now I live in Brazil, there is any DJI center here?

and if I need to send to USA, when is the deadline??
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

pvzzin Posted at 2018-9-6 09:10
now I live in Brazil, there is any DJI center here?

and if I need to send to USA, when is the deadline??

Please contact our support: +1 (818) 235 0789 Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) to start a case.
2018-9-6
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

As a footnote to any other new flyers, read this and DON’T Do what the OP did!!! Learn from his various & major mistakes!
2018-9-6
Use props
pvzzin
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-6 09:19
Please contact our support: +1 (818) 235 0789 Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) to start a case.

Hi, I discovered a authorized center here in Brazil, shall I contact them and start the case?

thank you.
2020-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules