Lucky Flight
984 10 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

I got a little lucky this weekend.  Flew 4 battery packs with the family.  I got some pretty decent shots and a few videos.  But the weather was a bit windy.  The 3rd pack through I was brining Sparky back to the deck to land on a table.  I do this all the time, but today the wind was too much and I slipped off the edge of the table before it could land.

I didn't see anything wrong and a while later I went to fly my last pack.  When I took off it sounded different for a second then all was fine.  I got this shot during that flight.
Well, when I landed and was folding the props back in I noticed one wouldn't fold in and was hitting the side of the Spark.  Odd I thought...  Then I inspected it closer.  

One blade had a crack 3/4 of the way through just off of the hub.  SOOO lucky that it didn't completely rip off mid-flight.  Just goes to show you - don't rush yourself and do a good look over your AC before each and every flight, even if they are back to back...

Enjoy
9-3-18 Kite.jpg
2018-9-4
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Very lucky...a good lesson for us all to thoroughly inspect Sparky after unplanned contact with an immovable object.
2018-9-4
Use props
mhw#209
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96319 ft
United States

I have got lucky a few times, keep your fingers crossed!
2018-9-4
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Mine did that too, becase tripod mode made it unstable and it clipped a cloth sofa. didn't know a whole week. glad you solved the issue. happy flying
2018-9-4
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Yep Lucky... You don't want a prop to fail mid flight..
2018-9-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We learn by our mistakes
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for sharing of your experience regarding with that luckily there's nothing happen with your Aircraft, Fly safely. Cheers!
2018-9-5
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I like to bring mine to a hover, reach out and pick it out of the air. Turn the props off by turning it over. The Go 4 app panics, "Aircraft is upside down!"
2018-9-5
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

Tentoes Posted at 2018-9-5 09:20
I like to bring mine to a hover, reach out and pick it out of the air. Turn the props off by turning it over. The Go 4 app panics, "Aircraft is upside down!"

I have yet to get 'brave enough' to reach out and grab it like that.
I did attempt to do so a few times when I was learning to fly it well.  But Sparky kept jumping up every time I reached underneath it.  So I gave up trying ...  I don't do well with cuts and stitches anyway! HA
2018-9-5
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Very lucky indeed. Wish You never encounter this again
2018-9-5
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer