Mavic 2 zoom gestures
8098 25 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scottyboy12911
lvl.1

I just have a quick question, i had a dji pro and sold it to get the mavic 2. The one thing i am noticing is that the "follow me mode, terrain tracking, gestures control" just to name a few are not there... WHY is that DJI? will it be in a future update? If i am paying for a pro I WANT IT ALL lol- can anyone elaborate on that?
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the late response. As of now, they are not available in Mavic 2. We already forwarded this concern to our engineers. We will let you know once they have plans on adding this via website. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-9-6
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Isnt it great, we paid more for a new product with the same camera and fewer features...Thanks DJI
2018-9-18
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>

WRHershey Posted at 2018-9-18 16:32
Isnt it great, we paid more for a new product with the same camera and fewer features...Thanks DJI

No, you have more features!!!  Just not those few!
2018-9-18
Use props
wheggy
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-6 05:35
Hi. Sorry for the late response. As of now, they are not available in Mavic 2. We already forwarded this concern to our engineers. We will let you know once they have plans on adding this via website. Your patience will be much appreciated.

Does this mean we will be able to get those features on our drones at one point?
2018-10-1
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tridiver Posted at 2018-9-18 19:59
No, you have more features!!!  Just not those few!

No I do not, I have the same camera and fewer features, plain and simple.
2018-10-2
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nope, they left out many features, it is by design, now they use complaints to see how many features they can get away with not replaceing, win win for DJI.
2018-10-5
Use props
Nick&Pam
New

Netherlands

It is a bummer though... I just bought the mavic 2 zoom and I wanted some gesture control features to be there.. this is the newest and most expensive consumer model of the mavic.
2018-11-13
Use props
Nick&Pam
New

Netherlands

It is a bummer though... I just bought the mavic 2 zoom and I wanted some gesture control features to be there.. this is the newest and most expensive consumer model of the mavic.
2018-11-13
Use props
fansc8df9553
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10026 ft
Canada

I did a lot of research before purchasing my Mavic Pro 2. My error in my research was mixing up information between two models and I thought that the Mavic pro two had smart gesture controls. The MP2 drone is a very serious tool and should have that very crucial future. I am writing this comment to reach out to DJI to include this feature on the next firmware update. This is a huge miss for DJI on this model.
2018-11-24
Use props
fansc8df9553
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10026 ft
Canada

I did a lot of research before purchasing my Mavic Pro 2. My error in my research was mixing up information between two models and I thought that the Mavic pro two had smart gesture controls. The MP2 drone is a very serious tool and should have that very crucial future. I am writing this comment to reach out to DJI to include this feature on the next firmware update. This is a huge miss for DJI on this model.
2018-11-24
Use props
savagemic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272523 ft
United States

This is nothing more than a software update that I'm hoping DJI will add.
2018-11-24
Use props
dank13
lvl.1

Australia

such a shame, with the more efficient active track 2.0, hand gestures would be the perfect combination to be able to ride your bike and not have to hold the controller at all, simply wave at the mavic and off you go... I wish they released an update with this feature back.
2019-3-7
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

WRHershey Posted at 2018-9-18 16:32

Sorry it is not the same camera; M2Z has 100mb/s bit rate  camera and MP around 60 mb/s. Mavic Air has the same 100 mb/s bit rate, but it is not the same M2Z camera. So, yes, even the M Air camera is better than MP camera.

Both Mavic 2 can have no more features than MP, but they have more modern and important features, like more sensors, active track 2.0 and occusync 2.0, extending their control range, for instance.

2019-3-7
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Brazil

Nick&Pam Posted at 2018-11-13 07:38

It is fair
2019-3-7
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Brazil

fansc8df9553 Posted at 2018-11-24 02:19

Sorry, M2P don t have gesture control. Gesture control is useless for professionals, though i think M2P is not a professional drone at all. It is a prosumer toy. But M2Z could have this feature, because it is designed for consumer users.
2019-3-7
Use props
Robnoxious
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229367 ft
United States

It seems like a feature for the "look at me" video crowd. Can't say I miss not having it on my zoom.
2019-3-8
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Francis Posted at 3-7 06:21
Sorry it is not the same camera; M2Z has 100mb/s bit rate  camera and MP around 60 mb/s. Mavic Air has the same 100 mb/s bit rate, but it is not the same M2Z camera. So, yes, even the M Air camera is better than MP camera.

More modern and Important? No, that is a matter of opinion, and your opinion means nothing to me at all. It's  a have finished promo drone.
2019-3-8
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

Gesture mode, is nothing more then a look at me, waste of time.. I’m glad it’s gone.. go fly the spark
2019-3-8
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Brazil

WRHershey Posted at 3-8 19:37
More modern and Important? No, that is a matter of opinion, and your opinion means nothing to me at all. It's  a have finished promo drone.

You are too much irritated. It is just forum talks. You have the right to think that old software and features are  better than new ones. Go for spark  and be happy. It seems to be more appropriated to your needs, cheaper, and maybe it will cool you down.  Cheers
2019-3-9
Use props
Banjo Norfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49921 ft
United Kingdom

Renames Posted at 3-8 20:23
Gesture mode, is nothing more then a look at me, waste of time.. I’m glad it’s gone.. go fly the spark

go fly the spark   
2019-3-9
Use props
scottyboy12911
lvl.1
United States

My point is that if i pay 2,500 for a drone, regardless if you like it or not. It should come with more options than the first one. Pay more to get less? Sounds like a rip-off to me.
2019-3-9
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

scottyboy12911 Posted at 3-9 11:06
My point is that if i pay 2,500 for a drone, regardless if you like it or not. It should come with more options than the first one. Pay more to get less? Sounds like a rip-off to me.

Exactly, the drone is lacking a host of features that were in MP and a handful of nothing new, putting a 2.0 after it tricks most users into thinking it's something new, but it's the same old tech. But, your point is correct, a new drone with a higher price should have everything the last one did, plus new features.  No one on here sets the standard for any other users. The reality is people responding to a feature that's important to you but saying it's worthless is just childish. They can't  just say, "Yea, I don't use it, but that sucks they didn't include a feature you enjoy."....or even better just move on and convince themselves their "professionals" while they play with their toy drone.
2019-3-9
Use props
scottyboy12911
lvl.1
United States

Exactly. So when banjo above says go fly the spark... I take offense to that because you spend money on new tech... but get no new features other than a camera- which is the same just add a zoom function, if you have a zoom. And more cameras so you don’t crash. Then they also took off precision landing. Like sounds like a downgrade more than a upgrade. It should offer more gestures, regardless of if people like it or not.
2019-3-9
Use props
scottyboy12911
lvl.1
United States

WRHershey Posted at 3-9 20:18
Exactly, the drone is lacking a host of features that were in MP and a handful of nothing new, putting a 2.0 after it tricks most users into thinking it's something new, but it's the same old tech. But, your point is correct, a new drone with a higher price should have everything the last one did, plus new features.  No one on here sets the standard for any other users. The reality is people responding to a feature that's important to you but saying it's worthless is just childish. They can't  just say, "Yea, I don't use it, but that sucks they didn't include a feature you enjoy."....or even better just move on and convince themselves their "professionals" while they play with their toy drone.

I agree with you. If your “Professional” drone is the zoom or pro... you’re more like an amateur than a professional. Unless you get up with the matrice or inspire, in my opinion.
2019-3-9
Use props
djiuser_qg3qG7jHRt5H
New

United States

Thank you WRHershey and Scottyboy for your mature and informative comments. I think you two are spot on and DJI completely dropped the ball. Whether used  for commercial or consumer purposes, a product that is marketed as a newer version typically includes the same features as its predecessor and more. I am new to the drone industry and considering buying the cheaper spark over the MPZ solely for the hand gesture control feature. I want the MPZ but being able to control my drone hands free is a MUST for me. DJI buyers deserve products that are top of the line and versatile. charging more and offering less is a big miss for DJI. And I’m sorry but the sparks lack or range, battery life and sensors just won’t suit my needs.
2019-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules