Updating Phantom 3 pro firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RainmanWA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 279701 ft
Australia

A friend of mine was given a new Phantom 3 pro in 2015 for use in his conservation work but he had difficulties getting it to operate so left it on the shelf after it all became too hard. He has now passed it over to me to get working after seeing some of the stuff I've done with my Spark, so after having a bit of a play, I think I'm going to need some help from those more knowledgeable.

Initially he tried to connect using DJI Pilot, but that now seems to have been superseded with DJI Go4. After installing DJI Go 4 on an old phone (Samsung S5), I couldn’t get the Phantom to connect either so thought I’d update the firmware to the latest version (v1.11.20). The update ran for about 15 minutes before the gimbal light went from flashing green/red to solid red and that was as far as I got. I’ve since learnt that the updates must be done incrementally or it fails, is that correct?

The problem is, as I haven’t been able to connect to the Phantom, I don’t know what version of the firmware the drone left the factory with, so trying to do incremental updates is going to be a guessing game.

Also, once the drone firmware is updated you then have to update the remote via the drone is that correct.

Any assistance in how to progress from here would be appreciated.
2018-9-4
Use props
snsjetsP3A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730518 ft

Hi. Have you tried connecting to the P3P with the DJI Go app - not DJI Go4? It should still be available for Android or iOS. It'll say "For products before P4".

Here is a link on how to pair:

Or steps to pair manually:

Step 1: Power on Remote Controller and Aircraft.
Step 2: Press C1, C2 and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep “D-DD”
Step 3: Release all fingers, and quickly press the wheel on the right side of the controller.
Then, the first light of the controller will turn blue and it will constantly beep “DDDD”.
Step 4: Press the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then release the button
2018-9-4
Use props
RainmanWA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 279701 ft
Australia

snsjetsP3A Posted at 2018-9-4 19:59
Hi. Have you tried connecting to the P3P with the DJI Go App - not DJI Go4? It should still be available for Android or iOS. It'll say "For products before P4".

Apologies,  I meant to say DJI Go,  not Go4  - that was the Spark user in me coming out.
2018-9-4
Use props
snsjetsP3A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730518 ft

RainmanWA Posted at 2018-9-4 20:13
Apologies,  I meant to say DJI Go,  not Go4  - that was the Spark user in me coming out.

Ah, OK. Maybe attempt a manual pairing?
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the trouble caused. Can you please try to update the firmware of Phantom 3 Pro? After that, please manually re-link the remote controller to the aircraft. Please make sure to use a compatible device before connecting it to your remote controller. For reference, please watch the video tutorial below. Thank you.

2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules