6822 46 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans02bf0d58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54846 ft
  • >>>

jmark Posted at 2018-9-5 09:17
I'm atually wondering if these scratches are gimbal covered induced. Mine seems to be one of the corners where the gimbal cover seats the camera housing.

Apart from that, the drone is solid as a rock. Best drone I've owned so far.

There are scratches occurring during flight on rear roll motor.  The scratches happen by the rear roll motor contacting sharp plastic hooks that secure black rubber dampeners causing the plastic to chafe down.  Look in there with a flashlight and you will see the chaffed plastic.  Super frustrating how everyone is saying it’s from the gimbal clamp it’s happening during flight, which is far worse.
2018-9-26
Use props
fans02bf0d58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54846 ft
  • >>>

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-5 07:29
Hi, we're really sorry about that. Can you please try to clean the surface and see if the defect disappears? If the scratch feels rough, I recommend you send back for replacement. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

Why the hell should we send it back and get it replaced only to have it happen again?  It’s A DESIGN FLAW WHICH MEANS THE DESIGN NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED.  Jesus I thought Chinese people were supposed to be smart.  Fix the faulty design, then we will all send it back for replacement, thanks.
2018-9-26
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

fans02bf0d58 Posted at 2018-9-26 05:02
Why the hell should we send it back and get it replaced only to have it happen again?  It’s A DESIGN FLAW WHICH MEANS THE DESIGN NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED.  Jesus I thought Chinese people were supposed to be smart.  Fix the faulty design, then we will all send it back for replacement, thanks.

Hello,
I’m new to drone, I received mine on saturday and did only 2 flights.
I was looking for some news and advices on the DJI forum and I red some posts reporting scratches on the back of the gimbal.
I checked my mavic 2 pro and I have the same issue. I’m really disappointed because I take care of all of my gears and I don’t like having stuffs not in good shape.
2018-9-26
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft

I had the same problem and DJI support created a replacement case.
Just received the new one, thank you
It also has a minor scratch but nothing serious this time.
2018-10-17
Use props
iFlylikeafridge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2355823 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Scratches on the gimbal are caused by the cover clamp rubbing on the gimbal and camera when removing/inserting it. One solution would be to apply some rubber paint on the gimbal clamp, making it softer.
2018-11-20
Use props
fans9122d114
lvl.3
Flight distance : 252805 ft
  • >>>
United States

No product is perfect, but I love my dji drones.   guys are cryin about scratches and little cosmetic blemishes.   Do you worry about a little smudge paint and drywall dust on the side of the Millwaukee.   One day that drone will sit on a shelf next to a video card you payed $$$ for and now it and the drone aren't worth the precious metals remaining on their obsolete circuit boards.  Peel the plastic off the screen, go fly far and fast and smile while you think about the next big thing.  and you've really got to stop worrying about the scuffs on your chuck atikins.   
2019-4-5
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s understandable that people are a bit miffed with their gimbal getting scratched and DJI should take responsibility for the design flaw.  In my experience the gimbal can get scratched in 2 areas.  The gimbal cover can scratch the flat camera base if it’s poorly installed, and the rear of the gimbal can be scratched by the two black plastic hooks that sit behind the camera.  These hooks can make contact with the gimbal motor arm when the drone is in use or when the gimbal cover is installed which pushes the gimbal backward and against the hard plastic hooks.  But the scratches are not really very noticeable and it doesn’t affect the usability of the drone so, as fans9122d114 suggests, it’s probably best to try forgetting about the marks and enjoy using the drone.
2019-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules