Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Huge distortion effect on recorded videos
1045 17 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnny Hauan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1480 ft
Norway

The Film Poets have a great video showcasing a big distortion effect on recorded videos. They have provided a fix for it but i really hope DJI can update the firmware to correct this. Its such an expensive drone and provides amazing quality, but to have the video distorted like this is a huge huge HUGE issue.
Happens in D-Log and Hybrid-Log but not in Normal mode.

2018-9-4
Use props
Rieder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1056 ft
Denmark

Yes, we have already had several posts on this...
2018-9-4
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

good work as always.
can't wait for their best settings video
2018-9-4
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

Rieder Posted at 2018-9-4 23:44
Yes, we have already had several posts on this...

This is the only useful video on it, watch it and learn.
2018-9-5
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you for taking the time to share this, invaluable.
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks Johnny for putting up the video, hopefully dji will fix soon.
2018-9-5
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Pretty easy to fix in Resolve too

2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There will always be teething problems with new products - FW tends to fix most of them
2018-9-5
Use props
GVes
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Do you guys see this in Full FOV mode only or in HQ mode as well ?
2018-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Its in full.  I havent tried HQ.

I'd expect in in HQ but less pronounced as its the middle part of the sensor.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Thanks for sharing this video with us. Regarding the distortion effect on the recorded videos, I will forward this to our R&D Department for further update. Should you have any question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-5 07:32
Hi Natalia. Thanks for your reply on this. Any updates as to including some other color profiles like D-Cinelike in the M2Pro? Also including precision landing? Have they gotten back to you about this?
Thanks again.

Hi, thanks for your reply. As of the moment, we are still waiting for the update regarding on that matter. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

You're most welcome.
2018-9-5
Use props
HCL
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-5 07:13
Hi. Thanks for sharing this video with us. Regarding the distortion effect on the recorded videos, I will forward this to our R&D Department for further update. Should you have any question, please let us know. Thank you.

Hi DJI Natalia,

now im starting to get confused about your internal communications. First DJI Wanda posted on Sunday: "Our engineers are currently fixing this issue. Your patience will be much appreciated."
Which sounded hopeful at first.

Then Blade Strike from your enterprise support posted on mavicpilots: "Lens correction is the same as the i2 in prores, it has no lens correction. On the m2 in dlog-m or HDR you will have to correct in post. the additional processing overhead is used for the 10bit color profile / HDR processing. Both of these profiles require post so this should be to much of an issue." (I think he meant "shouldn't") But proper lens correction requieres a specific lens profile for the M2P.

Than more and more complaints came in about this issue but no further statement. Today DJI Wanda posted "Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. The videos shot in DLOG-M and HLG modes on the Mavic 2 Pro cannot be corrected for distortion in the camera but can be edited it in post-processing with the image editing software." In other words ... find your own solution.

Now you posted that you will forward this issue to your R&D departement for further update. What is true right now? For a drone that builds on camera quality i would expect that the problem and the customer reactions here would start a quite coordinated and active approach to avoid bad word of mouth for your new product and your support. Just my two cents as someone whose M2P still lies unpacked in the box and maybe goes back because of this.
2018-9-5
Use props
Chpouky
lvl.3

HCL Posted at 2018-9-5 12:34
Hi DJI Natalia,

now im starting to get confused about your internal communications. First DJI Wanda posted on Sunday: "Our engineers are currently fixing this issue. Your patience will be much appreciated."

Also it makes no sense. He says the processing power is used for the 10bit color profile.

But lens distortion happens also at Full FOV, which is 8bit maximum.

EDIT: correction, 10bit is both for HQ and Full FOV

2018-9-5
Use props
Glomby
lvl.2

Chpouky Posted at 2018-9-5 13:23
Also it makes no sense. He says the processing power is used for the 10bit color profile.

Both HQ and FOV modes are 10bit in D-log.

The "FOV is only 8bit" info that went around the forum was wrong or had been addressed in the latest FW updates, I cant remember. But both modes are 10bit.

EDIT: The video with the premiere preset is only for FOV mode but the guy who made it is also working on a preset for HQ mode. Just to let everybody know.
2018-9-6
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Chpouky Posted at 2018-9-5 13:23

It only happens on DLOG.   Full and HQ DLOG provide 10 bits per channel.

The only 8 bit mode is the "None" profile.
2018-9-6
Use props
Chpouky
lvl.3

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-6 05:42
It only happens on DLOG.   Full and HQ DLOG provide 10 bits per channel.

The only 8 bit mode is the "None" profile.

You're correct ! I found out after my post. I thought 10 bit was only for the HQ mode.
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules