Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi together,
today I feeldeat my front motors after 3 minutes normal floght at 22 degrees celsius and no sun,
they werre very hot so you cannot touch longer..

Somebody else with this problem?

2018-9-5
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Were you flying in sport mode in windy conditions. I have never checked if they were hot.
2018-9-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All motors will get hot but not that hot to not be able to touch. Sounds like the drone may have been fighting high winds unless you were in S mode.  
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry about that. Just to clarify, may I know if you encounter any error message while flying your drone before it gets hot? I suggest you cool down your AC before you fly it away because it is not advisable to fly it in bad temperature. Thanks.
2018-9-5
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-5 16:37
Hi, we're sorry about that. Just to clarify, may I know if you encounter any error message while flying your drone before it gets hot? I suggest you cool down your AC before you fly it away because it is not advisable to fly it in bad temperature. Thanks.

Hi,
thanks for answer!
It was only 22. degrees Celsius and no sun and I was normal flying about a sea
NO S MODE, P mode.There was no warning.
But will there be a warning IF motors are too hot?
2018-9-5
Use props
Andrejs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

I can confirm that motor temp higher than it should be in regular, normal flight. Even when I was hovering at night (temp. 17-18 deg) temperature of motors pretty high.
I know what I am talking about because I use FPV drones too and there you need to tune up your drones by yourself
When you have hot motors this mean that something wrong. Starting from bad tune (PID controller, filtering of noise etc.) ending up with with overload of motors (a lot of weight, weak motor, not proper propellers etc.)
If motors hot due to bad tune of quad this means that motor jerks very fast and some power comes to motor heat. In two words saying - you loose flying time ;)

Maybe something what on what DJI engineers can look on.
2018-9-6
Use props
Andrejs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Heavenone Posted at 2018-9-5 21:48
Hi,
thanks for answer!
It was only 22. degrees Celsius and no sun and I was normal flying about a sea

you will not get warning if motor hot Because you didn't have temp indicators in motor
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules