Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant 2 install blocked by anti-virus
7991 25 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KCMartin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29974 ft
United States

I am trying to install the DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.0.exe and during the install stops with the error: 'Move file failed: code 5'. Bitdefender Internet security shows a warning that virus installs were blocked during the DJI Assistant install: Gen:Varient.Graftor.435453 and Gen:Varient.Graftor.509327. Scans show my system is clean of malware. I downloaded the file from here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

I anyone else seeing this problem?? I realize I could install the firmware updates to my new Mavic 2 Pro via the DJI Go 4 app on my phone but would like to get to the bottom of the DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.0.exe install problem as I prefer doing firmware updates via USB on the PC.

Thanks,
Keith
2018-9-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

It is a so called false positive, there is no virus in it. I suggest you disable your anti virus software for the time of the installation. It is also important to have your Mavic 2 connected to the PC and switched on during installation. Windows might also ask permission for installing a specific file. Approve that as well.
2018-9-5
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, this is definitely a false positive. While this isn't a problem that most people face, other people have mentioned it in various forums over the past year.
2018-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah same issue with Bit Defender.  Its a false positive and 2 issues.  It stops the install AND if you disable the AV to install the firewall prevents it loading afterwards.  You need to install with BD off then manually add a firewall exception.
I suspect the lack of signing on drivers and code probably makes it look suspicious enough to flag.

2018-9-5
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Really disturbing that the issue with unsigned drivers has been going on so long. I mean, that's a pretty easy thing to fix, especially if your a company with a valuation of $8 billion.
2018-9-5
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Driver signing costs less than a mavic pro (v1).  Yes it needs to comply with software design standards too which i guess is the main reason.

2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-5 06:38
Really disturbing that the issue with unsigned drivers has been going on so long. I mean, that's a pretty easy thing to fix, especially if your a company with a valuation of $8 billion.

We have a Winner!

Not that DJI Corporate is listening.
Let'em eat Cake comes to mind...
2018-9-5
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530614 ft
United States

If you use a decompression tool to break up the initial binary, you can check each individual component with something like virustotal.com.  Ask me if you need more help.  I work in Enterprise Cyber Security, and have for more than ten years.  Incidentally, I am using a Mac and do not have any findings with the installer.  I am using Enterprise grade endpoint protection offered by Cylance.com.   
2018-9-5
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 09:22
We have a Winner!

Not that DJI Corporate is listening.

And we know how well that worked for Marie Antoinette
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience regarding with that concern, This issue already been reported and yes that prompt or notification is just a false detection with the Software.
2018-9-5
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

You could use a vm too
2018-9-5
Use props
KCMartin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29974 ft
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-5 04:39
Yeah same issue with Bit Defender.  Its a false positive and 2 issues.  It stops the install AND if you disable the AV to install the firewall prevents it loading afterwards.  You need to install with BD off then manually add a firewall exception.
I suspect the lack of signing on drivers and code probably makes it look suspicious enough to flag.

Thanks for the confirmation. I got it installed and working but can't say I like bypassing Bitdefender antivirus & firewall as well as adding an access rule for new executable software that may or may not have some actual security issues.
2018-9-11
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Its not ideal but id put the blame more with Bit Defender here - other AVs dont trigger it.
Security software is getting more and more paranoid with more and more false positives.

The unsigned drivers though - that major security issue IS 100% the responsibility of DJI.
2018-9-11
Use props
fans0a9be9e6
New
United States

-(So general Info, I have a 2019 HP laptop running windows 10 and my security software is KasperSky Total Security)

-I recently tried downloading Assistant 2 for my Mavic Pro and the Zip downloaded perfectly fine and I unzipped it. When trying to execute the down loader I get prompted with this...

-"This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator. 'DJI Assistant 2 1.2.4.exe'"
Now this is not at all related to my security software, this is solely windows freaking out about something. Has this seriously not been fixed??

-Here's solutions I've tried... I did the 'unblock in preferences before unzipping' and still got the error message.
-I disabled both my security software and windows defender.
-I watched this dudes video .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjf0PxhGU0U&t=72s   and this technically worked and got the program to download but to keep it running and to open it I still have to keep the change in my computers code for it to work which is just total bs at this point.
-This may be my fault but even when the program runs it does not recognize my controller or the aircraft so there's that too.

-This is a fairly old forum and if its been reported or even noted, how has this not been fixed already? For such a big company this is just shocking how this is still a problem.
If there's any current solutions please let me know! I shouldn't have to  change my own code or computer settings for something like this.
Screenshot (1).png
2019-3-6
Use props
EyeintheBDASky
lvl.1
Bermuda

fans0a9be9e6 Posted at 3-6 15:46
-(So general Info, I have a 2019 HP laptop running windows 10 and my security software is KasperSky Total Security)

-I recently tried downloading Assistant 2 for my Mavic Pro and the Zip downloaded perfectly fine and I unzipped it. When trying to execute the down loader I get prompted with this...

March 10- 2019; confirming I have the exact same issue when trying to update my Mavic 2 and controller with the DJI Asssitant 2 software for Windows. Any luck on your side yet?
2019-3-9
Use props
fans518feb13
lvl.1
United States

EyeintheBDASky Posted at 3-9 21:43
March 10- 2019; confirming I have the exact same issue when trying to update my Mavic 2 and controller with the DJI Asssitant 2 software for Windows. Any luck on your side yet?

(3.10.10) I am also having the same problem using  Win10.  Tried running after using "startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement" as recommended.  However, I am getting the same UAC dialog and cannot install DJI Assistant 2 1.2.4.
2019-3-10
Use props
PonyRide933
New
Flight distance : 92172 ft
United States

I have the exact same permission problem with an updated windows 10 machine.
2019-3-11
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

I had to modify the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\EnableLUA to 0.

Hard to believe you have to circumvent this.

Change it back to 1 when done.
2019-3-11
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This is also related to all other Assistant 2 version for Mavic|Matrice|Battery Station etc.
None of them can be executed on a Windows 10 PC anymore.
All of them show the UAC dialog depicted in post #15
2019-3-11
Use props
adjablon
lvl.2

United States

Also having the same issues as folks above, I noticed it yesterday. I was able to use DJI Assistant 2.0.6 (for Matrice 600 Pro) on my Windows 10 laptop without any issue last week, and now I can't access anything. For the amount of money we paid for this product, this is an incredibly disappointing issue to encounter. I just got off the phone with their support and they weren't helpful at all. Unbelievable.
2019-3-12
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

The certificates used for signing DJI's app/code had been revoked from the issuing certificate authority.
That's the reason why all the 'newer' Assistant 2 executables won't work anymore.

DJI has to supply new code with appropriate new certificates.
2019-3-12
Use props
MadisonAreaDroneService
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133340 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can get around this for now, but you will have to change the Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.  

You will need to access this and change it as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

and change the value EnableLUA to 0.

To understand how to change this value, do the following:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit and then click OK.

OR

hit the Windows key and "paste" this: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit by hitting "ctrl V" after copying the above bold text.
Once you have entered the registry, click on: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE then Microsoft then Windows then CurrentVersion then Policies then System
Next, you will see a dialog box with a #1.  Change this to 0 and exit.  Next, you will need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Then, go the DJI site, download the Assistant 2 program again, and you should be able to use the program after a successful install.

Hopefully DJI gets this sorted out soon.  Sounds like a recent Windows update may have triggered this.
2019-3-14
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

MadisonAreaDroneService Posted at 3-14 06:48
You can get around this for now, but you will have to change the Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.  

Sounds like a recent Windows update may have triggered this.

No - The code signing CA has revoked DJI's certificate. Either on purpose or accidentally.
No matter what the cause was, DJI has to issue a new certificate and sign Assistant 2 versions again and put them on their servers ready to download..
That's all. Nothing complicated.
2019-3-14
Use props
djiuser_Q2KmlSCPRXBT
lvl.2
United States

I'm still blocked and you would think they would have fixed it by now.
2019-3-16
Use props
Bill07
New

United States

MadisonAreaDroneService Posted at 3-14 06:48

Thanks so much! I did this and it worked perfectly- Finally was able to do the Visual Sensor calibration function using the PC screen
2019-3-24
Use props
Mesquita
lvl.1
Brazil

Hello, I'm from Brazil, I had the same problem, I discovered that they will update the version to 2.0.7, but they did not update the links for the mavic series. follows the link where an 8 billion company as quoted above makes us follow:

https://www.dji.com/br/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2019-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules