Mavic AIR compatible phone please ?
10376 36 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Hi Guys,

Can you suggest if the Mavic AIR with DJIGo4 ver 4.3.0 will work on Huawei Honor 7x or Honor 7c phones without a problem ? Or alternatively Redmi Y2 ?

I want to buy a 6" screen phone to use with my Mavic AIR as an exclusive dedicated phone. Also i read somewhere (but forgot where) that the DJIGo4 app doesnt work well with Android 7 or 8 if im right ?

Kindly help me with your suggestions.

Thanks & Regards

2018-9-5
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

DJI Go doesn't work well with Android 9 (Pie), I think. I personally use the Huawei P20 Pro
2018-9-5
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The mobile devices you mentioned above are not currently supported by DJI and not commonly used devices. That doesn't necessarily mean they won't work though. If you own them, try them before buying a new mobile device. They will likely run best if you set them up using these tips.

This list includes all of the phones and tablets currently supported by DJI and other commonly used mobile devices. If you're going to buy a new mobile device, it would be a good idea to choose something from that list that has good specs.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching DJI forum. Kindly refer to the attachment below for the list of compatible devices for your drone. The apps requires you at least Android 5.0 or above. Thanks for your support.

2018-9-5
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-5 06:19
Thank you for reaching DJI forum. Kindly refer to the attachment below for the list of compatible devices for your drone. The apps requires you at least Android 5.0 or above. Thanks for your support.

[view_image]

Yes i saw this list actually. But the problem is 95% of the phones mentioned there are 500 usd and above in my country. When i bought the AIR it only advertised that it can be used with android phones not only a specific handfull of phones. Android version i understand. But only now do i realize that there are only a handful of phones with super-high or finicky specs which will run with DJIGO4 and all are in the expensive range.

Im buying this only to dedicate it to flying and it will permanently be with my remote. For that investing more than about 200usd seems very expensive.

Reason im upgrading is because i wanted a 6" screen and on my current phone (5") the app works half proper only. It doesn't say home point recorded EVER. It doesn't even show as "Home point recorded" on the screen. So i have to fly away and test the home point once before i fly further. So i get maybe 10 minutes actual fly time. 5 minutes on magnetic compass calibration. 3 minutes to locate satellites. Etc etc.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

saviour Posted at 2018-9-5 05:52
DJI Go doesn't work well with Android 9 (Pie), I think. I personally use the Huawei P20 Pro

I think you had it at: ''DJI Go doesn't work well with Android.''
2018-9-5
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 09:32

Nah, works well for me.
2018-9-5
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

saviour Posted at 2018-9-5 09:56
Nah, works well for me.

Lucky You.
2018-9-5
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-5 06:19

[view_image]

Why are all these phones given here only the most expensive phones. Most of them are priced as much or half the price of the drone.
2018-9-5
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Found this.....https://dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4.apk.cafe/huawei/honor-7c

Does that mean it will work with Honor 7c ?
2018-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

The best device for the Mavic Air is the Ipad Mini 3 or 4. Keep your phone for mother things and use the ipad you will not regret it
2018-9-5
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

My HTC U11 stopped working randomly a couple of weeks ago. I've ended up buying an Amazon Fire HD8 for £50, and it works great.

It's a bit big and less portable than a phone, but it does (just) fit in the standard MA Remote Controller.

Ideal for me as a short term solution. Hoping DJI fix whatever it is which has stopped my phone working (and a ton of other people too).

This is what the Fire looks like in the control.
2018-9-6
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I have no idea if the Huawei p10 pro is on the compatibility list, but i have one, and it works perfectly.
2018-9-6
Use props
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy Posted at 2018-9-6 00:22
My HTC U11 stopped working randomly a couple of weeks ago. I've ended up buying an Amazon Fire HD8 for £50, and it works great.

It's a bit big and less portable than a phone, but it does (just) fit in the standard MA Remote Controller.

Had so many issues with numerous android devices that maybe I need to try this. Is it available in the store or is it an apak download?
2018-9-6
Use props
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

saviour Posted at 2018-9-5 05:52

I have the same phone as you and have the issues that numerous people encounter, lag signal dropouts. Do you not get these then? Or are you using an older version of the app?
2018-9-6
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

samgawthorpdji Posted at 2018-9-6 03:35
I have the same phone as you and have the issues that numerous people encounter, lag signal dropouts. Do you not get these then? Or are you using an older version of the app?

I purposely didn't update my App. I've got the version before the newest one because many people reported lags. I don't have problems on the older version.
2018-9-6
Use props
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

saviour Posted at 2018-9-6 03:44
I purposely didn't update my App. I've got the version before the newest one because many people reported lags. I don't have problems on the older version.

Yeah I got the p20 downloaded the (now) previous version and forgot to turn autoupdate off and literally the following morning woke up to see a notification saying it had updated. I could have cried as that version seemed flawless the 2 batteries I managed to use testing it. Gutted to say the least.
2018-9-6
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

samgawthorpdji Posted at 2018-9-6 03:33
Had so many issues with numerous android devices that maybe I need to try this. Is it available in the store or is it an apak download?

Had to follow a guide called '3 easy steps to get Google Play Store on your Amazon Device' which I think invovled downloading some .apk files. Was easy peasy and I've no idea about that kind of stuff.
2018-9-6
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 09:32

And of course not checking if your owned devices are compatible and will work. Will look nice on a book shelf until an upgrade can be afforded.
2018-9-6
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

plainman007 Posted at 2018-9-5 09:12
Yes i saw this list actually. But the problem is 95% of the phones mentioned there are 500 usd and above in my country. When i bought the AIR it only advertised that it can be used with android phones not only a specific handfull of phones. Android version i understand. But only now do i realize that there are only a handful of phones with super-high or finicky specs which will run with DJIGO4 and all are in the expensive range.

Im buying this only to dedicate it to flying and it will permanently be with my remote. For that investing more than about 200usd seems very expensive.

I know it is a tough pill to swallow, but go ahead and bite the bullet.  Get an Apple iPad Mini 4.
Going all the way back to a Phantom 2 Vision +, I tried to get by with android products with DJI and was frequently frustrated with the outcome.  When the Spark came out, the issue was worse, I couldn't get through a single flight without the android app crashing at least once, frequently multiple times.  I was in a place of utter defeat until I borrowed a neighbors iPad and the issues were not there.  Since getting the iPad Mini 4, I have not had a single issue and been very happy with the outcome despite not being a fan of Apple...now I am planning the purchase of an iMac to edit video.
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-9-6 09:47
And of course not checking if your owned devices are compatible and will work. Will look nice on a book shelf until an upgrade can be afforded.

Even if it's on Android compatible list, as with CrystalSky, it can look nice on a book shelf.  

Found CrystalSky Ultra running GO-4  had problems with Focusing peaking threshold and Overexposure warning Enabled.
GO-4 needs code work, especially in regards to optimization and running under Android OS.
2018-9-6
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-6 10:21
Even if it's on Android compatible list, as with CrystalSky, it can look nice on a book shelf.  

Found CrystalSky Ultra running GO-4  had problems with Focusing peaking threshold and Overexposure warning Enabled.

Tell me something. It runs sweet for a while and then something else goes wrong. Best one is the compatibility with iOS after some Apple updates. Love it when they don't speak together and you lose video 1km away.....
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

plainman007 Posted at 2018-9-5 09:12
Yes i saw this list actually. But the problem is 95% of the phones mentioned there are 500 usd and above in my country. When i bought the AIR it only advertised that it can be used with android phones not only a specific handfull of phones. Android version i understand. But only now do i realize that there are only a handful of phones with super-high or finicky specs which will run with DJIGO4 and all are in the expensive range.

Im buying this only to dedicate it to flying and it will permanently be with my remote. For that investing more than about 200usd seems very expensive.

I understand that. If your mobile device is not listed as a supported device for your drone, it may produce sub-quality performance. There's a lot of pilots here using a non recommended device and they don't have any issues at all. In our end, it is highly recommended to use a compatible device to make sure you can use all the features and functionality of the APP. Thanks for your understanding;.
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

plainman007 Posted at 2018-9-5 18:07
Why are all these phones given here only the most expensive phones. Most of them are priced as much or half the price of the drone.

These are the devices that have been tested and approved by our engineers.
2018-9-7
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-7 05:24
These are the devices that have been tested and approved by our engineers.

Ok. When buying from this list which is on the DJI site its guaranteed to work with all DJIGo4 features 100% ?
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

plainman007 Posted at 2018-9-7 18:38
Ok. When buying from this list which is on the DJI site its guaranteed to work with all DJIGo4 features 100% ?

As long as there's no issues with the phone, it should work properly with the APP.
2018-9-8
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Today i just for trial sake tried a brand new phone (ofcourse not on the DJI approved list).  In this phone it said "Home Point Recorded, Please Check It In The Map". I tried it 4-5 times at different locations saving them as home point and the voice feedback was there. 6th attempt onwards, no more voice feedback. not even the screen dialogue to confirm home point was recorded. Is this the phone, or just an extremely buggy coded program. I understand everything explained earlier. Some phones wont work with all features, etc fine. How will it work partially, for 5 tries and then even after battery replacement, shut down and restarts, it stopped saying anything about the home point. Except everytime i menu activate save home point. The tail LED on the MA would blink fast 3-4 times in green before going back to its normal slow blinking.

Its very easy for a company to keep on blaming the customers phones saying, this phone is not nice, that phone is not upto our mark, and so on. but how is the above behaviour explained ?

PS : The new phone used DJI app 4.3.0 whereas my original phone that i wanted to upgrade was running DJI app 4.2.21.

2018-9-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

plainman007 Posted at 2018-9-7 18:38
Ok. When buying from this list which is on the DJI site its guaranteed to work with all DJIGo4 features 100% ?

There are many things that can prevent even the supported mobile devices from working properly. If the device of your choice does not work well out of the box, then try these tips for Android devices or these tips for Apple devices.
2018-9-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

plainman007 Posted at 2018-9-8 07:04
Today i just for trial sake tried a brand new phone (ofcourse not on the DJI approved list).  In this phone it said "Home Point Recorded, Please Check It In The Map". I tried it 4-5 times at different locations saving them as home point and the voice feedback was there. 6th attempt onwards, no more voice feedback. not even the screen dialogue to confirm home point was recorded. Is this the phone, or just an extremely buggy coded program. I understand everything explained earlier. Some phones wont work with all features, etc fine. How will it work partially, for 5 tries and then even after battery replacement, shut down and restarts, it stopped saying anything about the home point.  Except everytime i menu activate save home point. The tail LED on the MA would blink fast 3-4 times in green before going back to its normal slow blinking.

Its very easy for a company to keep on blaming the customers phones saying, this phone is not nice, that phone is not upto our mark, and so on. but how is the above behaviour explained ?

That sound comes from the mobile device, so you'll need to make sure the volume is turned up enough so you're able to hear it when outdoors. Even then, I've seen people report their mobile devices are not playing that sound.

Sound or not, you can confirm the home point has been set by checking for the "H" marker on the map in DJI GO. You also want to check that the marker is in the correct location. These are important checks that should be done even when the sound does play properly.
2018-9-8
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

msinger Posted at 2018-9-8 07:28
That sound comes from the mobile device, so you'll need to make sure the volume is turned up enough so you're able to hear it when outdoors. Even then, I've seen people report their mobile devices are not playing that sound.

Sound or not, you can confirm the home point has been set by checking for the "H" marker on the map in DJI GO. You also want to check that the marker is in the correct location. These are important checks that should be done even when the sound does play properly.

I definitely knew that sound was from the mobile. The mobile device screamed it 5 times and then stopped for all further flights. Take off etc was vocalized. Yes the volume was fully up. It screamed other things such as battery low, returning to home point.

It also did another finicky thing. In the half dozen times i pressed RTH, it stopped doing the repeated double beep, to notify its coming home. And also the voice on board decided not to announce returning to home point.

My wonder is whats with the partial working and then not working behavior.
2018-9-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

plainman007 Posted at 2018-9-8 07:33
I definitely knew that sound was from the mobile. The mobile device screamed it 5 times and then stopped for all further flights. Take off etc was vocalized. Yes the volume was fully up. It screamed other things such as battery low, returning to home point.

It also did another finicky thing. In the half dozen times i pressed RTH, it stopped doing the repeated double beep, to notify its coming home. And also the voice on board decided not to announce returning to home point.

The double beeping sound comes from the remote controller, so that wouldn't be related to the mobile device you're using.
2018-9-8
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Whats with the partial working and then not working behavior ? Its very obvious sound was on full volume and other random voice alerts were being vocalized.
2018-9-8
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is available at a kind of decent price. But i hope they dont say "Xiaomi Redmi" is different since they only mentioned Redmi Note 5. Will the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 work flawlessly ?
2018-9-8
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Also some phones have an E-Compass. Electronic compass i guess ? Will that work ? Yesterday when i flew my AIR with the test phone mentioned above, the compass on the attitude indicator was pointing in the opposite direction. The AIR was facing me airborne but the attitude indicator compass showed its pointing away from me. Also when i turned the remote orientation the arrow just stays fixed and doesn't readjust its orientation in relation the the remote being turned. Because of this when the AIR is far away, i cant tell direction and which way its actually pointing.

So will a phone that advertises e-compass or electronic compass work ?

2018-9-8
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Dear DJI staff,

Im waiting for your help on such a simple thing. I bought my Mavic AIR and have never been able to fly even beyond 100-200m with all these problems. Wont you even help the customer to troubleshoot it ?

Im trying to get a phone which is on your website and asking if electronic compass is ok and you wont tell me ?

Im asking because already the official phone list is so narrow. In that narrow list only 2-3 models are available in each customers country out of which some are very expensive. The Redmi Note 5 is available now and getting out of stock fast. Im buying it only for the DJI app so if you can tell me fast will be very helpful.

2018-9-9
Use props
djiuser_hShLv5nDxNJl
New
Flight distance : 25479 ft
Philippines

Thase anybody here used a Realme 3 phone to fly a drone???  I have encountered disconnection while trying to connect the RC to my phone w/ cord. Thanks
2019-7-8
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

Flying with Samsung Note 8, no issues whatsoever
2019-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules