Low Noise Propeller DIY release - it works!
6771 26 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_poly_
lvl.2
Germany

Why is DJI not releasing this kind of quiet propellers?

It's really working and so easy.

Please DJI - can I ask u to produce these kind of propellers soon or are here some chinese manufactures watching this forum?

Millions of people would buy this!

2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend you to use a DIY propellers, we are unable to ensure the compatibility and the performance. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-9-5
Use props
integer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

the next model will have low noise propellers. this is marketing
2018-9-5
Use props
_poly_
lvl.2
Germany

For sure. This is the reason why I am asking dji to produce it. It's not magic and would help a tons of people to get less trouble outside.. Many people hate this annoying sound. Really frustrating
2018-9-5
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Would be awesome.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

In regards to above DIY quiter props or demand for aftermarket quiet props; it demonstrates DJI really does need to quiet down their drones / props.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

I would buy a set of quietized props for my Mavic Pro P.  
That is if I ever get MPp, RC, & CrystalSky back in system working condition.
2018-9-5
Use props
sky6105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345653 ft

If it wasn't for the standard props I would of lost it in the sun. I prefer the louder props just my preference.
2018-9-5
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

Excellent mechanical skills and very well put video!
Almost as important than being quieter than the stock propellers is that they don’t have the high pitched shrieky sound.
2018-9-5
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks for the informative video.  Have you measured the prop rpms in hover?  I'd be willing to try these as the noise the MA makes is horrible.
2018-9-5
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Thank you very much for your guide, but several things that bring me concern:
- Because of props length are shorter compare with stock, it leads to less noise because wind will not impact with MA's body but also causes motor must work harder to get MA in the air (at higher rpm) - Will it reduce motors' life?
- With strong wind at high altitude, can the MA still holds its position or will it be flipped over due to small props and unable to counteract with that?
- In case you need to use sport mode, how fast does it fly?
- How stable do the props?
I may think later, DJI may update the MA with longer arms so they can reduce the noise from it but may be size a little bigger compare with current MA.
Congratulation for your DIY success.
2018-9-5
Use props
_poly_
lvl.2
Germany

i apologize. this video is not from me. i'm not the author but just forwarded it.
the author is "Masashi Imamura"

Please send any further questions directly to him:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2g_w6leOVvZVWWnEkZMIBw

2018-9-5
Use props
_poly_
lvl.2
Germany

it also has relevance because in the near future copters will be regulated/curtailed within the EU if they are too noisy.

“Class C1 and C2 UAS of unmanned aircraft systems shall have a sound power level not exceeding [80-90] dB(A) determined in full power and stationary conditions using the basic noise emission standard EN ISO 3744:2010”.

Source:

http://ec.europa.eu/transparency ... Doc&docid=15212
http://ec.europa.eu/transparency ... Doc&docid=15211

So DJI - Please act now
2018-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-5 06:37
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend you to use a DIY propellers, we are unable to ensure the compatibility and the performance. Thanks for your understanding.

Rather than say that to what is a clever parson moving things forward perhaps DJI should do the same.

So Just a friendly reminder. Don't critise people who are clever and do this sort of thing
2018-9-5
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Video shows quite different volumes, but the device shows 3-4 dB difference only...

Also, shorter and thicker blades means the motor has to run faster to compensate, apart that the flight test shows nothing. I don't know...I am not sure if it's worth it. At least not with this little information.

MA's sound sucks, to be honest. It's very loud and everyone in 200m knows there's a drone around.
2018-9-5
Use props
JamesPigeon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1234980 ft
Norway

I love the idea of changing the pitch of the sound the MA makes. +1 Following
2018-9-6
Use props
InvisibleName 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United States

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-9-5 23:21
Video shows quite different volumes, but the device shows 3-4 dB difference only...

Also, shorter and thicker blades means the motor has to run faster to compensate, apart that the flight test shows nothing. I don't know...I am not sure if it's worth it. At least not with this little information.

200m? You must have good hearing! Can't here my Mavic Air beyond 100m.  But I do agree that the high pitch whine is annoying
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Bigplumbs Posted at 2018-9-5 22:39
Rather than say that to what is a clever parson moving things forward perhaps DJI should do the same.

So Just a friendly reminder. Don't critise people who are clever and do this sort of thing

I understand your point. We always consider every customer's feedback not only in Forum. It's just that, we are not the authorized person to approve or advise that it is okay to use. I just want to let you know that we do not criticize his idea. We are just reminding each user here that we have a policy that we need to follow. Thanks for your understanding.

2018-9-6
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-6 03:49
200m? You must have good hearing! Can't here my Mavic Air beyond 100m.  But I do agree that the high pitch whine is annoying

Really? :O I can hear my MA from 400 meters away when there are no winds.
2018-9-6
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sky6105 Posted at 2018-9-5 13:59
If it wasn't for the standard props I would of lost it in the sun. I prefer the louder props just my preference.

CAN YOU SAY THAT AGAIN PLEASE, I WAS JUST TAKING OFF...It's not so bad once she's up in the air and 500m away. Suppose you just get used to it after a short while. Can't be any worse than race quads in full scream mode.
2018-9-6
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-9-6 03:49

people 200m around the drone, that´s a radius of 100m per side and yeah, the MA is loud enough to hear it at 100m. Even way more if there´s no wind.
2018-9-7
Use props
CrazyPup
lvl.3
United States

Looks like you have changed to a set of props that don't have to turn as fast to create the same lift. I'd be interested in the side effects of doing this, such as effect on battery life and top speed.
2018-9-8
Use props
_poly_
lvl.2
Germany

This looks really successfully.

i wonder why dji isn't able to release reasonable propellor for the air?

2018-9-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anything to cut down the noise on the MA is needed.
2018-9-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-17 15:42
Anything to cut down the noise on the MA is needed.

yea, today between the rain i took my mavic air out over the fields to check on the deer and foxes and just as i got over the hill and their are bolting or standing there like in distress ready to bolt..  they dont seem to mind my mavic pro flying over them too much.
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-17 16:38
yea, today between the rain i took my mavic air out over the fields to check on the deer and foxes and just as i got over the hill and their are bolting or standing there like in distress ready to bolt..  they dont seem to mind my mavic pro flying over them too much.

The MA has a very high pitch noise to it. New prop design would be prop
2018-9-17
Use props
Klaus W.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118366 ft
Germany

Excellent work! Shows clearly with how little effort a significant improvement could and actually can be made. The feedback I get from bystanders is that the MA‘s noise is very annoying to them...
2018-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules