1329 9 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kab123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113258 ft
South Africa

Hi there,

If there a way to eliminate the 5.8 GHz band for the mavic air.

5.8 Ghz is rubbish. In normal wi fi routers and the Mavic Air.

I can tell my router to "shut down" its 5.8 Ghz band and automatically select the best 2.4 Ghz channel. 5.8 Ghz will never feature

Can I do this with the air? Or do I have to keep it in "custom" and manually check for the best 2.4 Ghz channel the whole time.

Long story shot. I want to eliminate 5.8 Ghz.

I don' want to use custom selection. I want my aircraft to automatically select ONLY the most stable 2.4 Ghz channel.

Thanks!!
2018-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Here try this it will help with what your looking for and signal.

2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

You can always select manually only the 2.4 ghz range and it will stay on it.
But in my opinion you are not correct here.
In urban heavy interference areas 5.8 gives you muuuch better quality signal and longer range than 2.4.

Fly safe ppl.
Alex.
2018-9-5
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

Not for me. It is weird but 5.8 is useless for me. Lost RC connection 100 ft away on 5.8. but yeah. Massive interference for me at my location.
2018-9-5
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Find 5ghz by far and away faster and less congested than 2.4ghz. Too much noise and interference with 2.4
2018-9-5
Use props
kab123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113258 ft
South Africa

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-5 12:53
You can always select manually only the 2.4 ghz range and it will stay on it.
But in my opinion you are not correct here.
In urban heavy interference areas 5.8 gives you muuuch better quality signal and longer range than 2.4.

Fair enough, I agree with the urban issue.

But I just find it annoying when i'm out in the country side with very little to no interference and it will automatically select to go on a 5.8 gh channel.

Maybe I'm just being picky here but it would be nice to have 4 options here:

1) Automatically select only the most stable 2.4 ghz channel
2) Automatically select only the most stable 5.8 ghz channel
3) Automatically select the most stable overall channel
4) Full manual.
2018-9-5
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Why would you want to eliminate something you aren't forced to use? For others it helps. In urban areas you can't fly with 2.4 GHz because of the interferences.
5.8 GHz has less interferences but is easier blocked by obstacles like trees etc. between you and your drone.
If you don't want to use 5.8 just switch to 2.4.
2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

kab123 Posted at 2018-9-5 21:47
Fair enough, I agree with the urban issue.

But I just find it annoying when i'm out in the country side with very little to no interference and it will automatically select to go on a 5.8 gh channel.

As I said, if you are in a countryside not in an urban environment with lots of WiFi interference in 2.4.
Then just select manually the2.4 ghz channel that’s free and available  (when I was in an open field in Russia with 0 interference on 2.4 ghz range, the manually selected 2.4 ghz channel always stayed on it with no issues)
That way you will only be on 2.4 ghz range.

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-6
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft

For me, it ALWATS selects 2.4 in auto and it always goes back to auto. Everytime I have to put 5.8 before flying. The goggles always reset it AFTER flight, when I land and disconnect. I think it should rememder whatever you chose and stick with it untull you change it again.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. The wi-fi will put you to the most stable signal once you're connected to the drone, however, you can still change it depending on your preferences and I'm afraid that there will be no option to eliminate one channel. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules