Please help
1452 13 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solen 1
lvl.2
United States

I cant get the rc to stop charging my phone. Does this not work for android? I see on youtube people with iphone have a button they can slide to stop the controller from charging their phone. This feature drains my rc so fast.
2018-9-5
Use props
Rblomqvist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

My understanding the charging is always on for Android devices currently, only iOS has the non-charge option.
2018-9-5
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Agreed ^^^. Android phones have this "feature" where they will charge off of your RC. There is a workaround to this, but it's not simple: Use a spare drone battery and and plug it into the side USB port of your RC (using the battery adapter). Plug your phone into the bottom USB port of the RC. Battery charges RC, RC charges phone. I used to have a Droid Turbo I operated like this for almost a year until I bought a CrystalSky.
2018-9-5
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Or you could cut the "power" lead/pad on the cable. One of the "outside pads) Data still flows, ( the inside 2 conductors) but no power. Make sure you cut the power line, not the gnd.
2018-9-5
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is correct.  Unfortunately, you cannot stop it in the Go 4 app on Android.
Maybe you can try this solution
2018-9-5
Use props
solen 1
lvl.2

Thank you for the help. I wonder if they will ever add this option for android???
2018-9-5
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

solen 1 Posted at 2018-9-5 11:28
Thank you for the help. I wonder if they will ever add this option for android???

I use a app called disable usb charging, it's in the store. Have to have root though
2018-9-5
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

I just put a usb power cell charger on the micro usb connection on the side of the controller, and patch the full usb the controller to my device (Phone/Tablet). This way it charges the controller and device continuous.
2018-9-5
Use props
solen 1
lvl.2
United States

I will have to give it a try. One more thing to throw in the bag lol.
2018-9-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Look in the phones settings, I think you can adjust it there, whether the usb charges or not.

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-5
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Get an iPhone!
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching DJI forum. May I know what android device and DJI Go 4 app version you are using?  When you connect your Android phone to allow the controller to supply the data to the app, there is a tiny current that your phone picks up from the RC and indicates as charging. As of the moment, to stop the RC from charging the phone is you will need to use an IOS device. Rest assured that we will keep improving our products to provide you more option in terms of compatibility. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-9-6
Use props
solen 1
lvl.2
United States

Yeah I have an android. Would be nice to have this function
2018-9-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

You would think some company would make a plug adapter that would prevent charging (power flow), while still allowing data to be transferred.
2018-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules