New P4 UV filter
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raimond Kollman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2173517 ft
Netherlands

Hello all,

The stock UV filter from DJI has a loose glass in it. When I removed it to clean it, I saw this came loose.
On the DJI site I can only buy P4A or P4P filters.

Should I buy a new one or is it better to just replace it with a ND4 or ND8 Filter like those from PolarPro (also with the screw thread the P4 has)?

2018-9-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

It basically is loose, there should be a rubber 'O' ring holding the glass in place. For most use on the P4 ND filters are required for video work.

A nice set of ND4-ND16 (or even ND32) filters you could probably make good use of.

In UK I use ND4 generally for cloudy conditions, and ND8 or 16 (If bright) Sunlight, I've never needed ND32 as yet.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. You can purchase the UV Filter on your drone through our store. Please let us know if you have other concerns.
2018-9-6
Use props
Raimond Kollman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2173517 ft
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-6 11:53
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. You can purchase the UV Filter on your drone through our store. Please let us know if you have other concerns.

Hello,

I asked this question also to official DJI Support. I tried to ask if I can get a new 'O'-ring or even a new UV filter.
The answer was "no, sorry please buy it through our store". After telling them that it isn't available in the store it took a few days but it's confirmed.. If your UV filter is broken, you can't order a new one.

I bought a complete ND-filter incl. UV-filter set from Neewer now. It fits great, but doesn't fit the Gimbal protector.
It would be nice if the official DJI Store sells a new UV filter, hope that will be soon!
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules